New arrivals v5.0

Brilliant!

It's pretty cool, but I think I appreciate your appreciation for the jersey more than the jersey itself :P

Whatever makes you happy, JB, makes me happy :D

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This next one i was super excited to get my hands on, cant wait to strip it and double patch it...

In the event you're a stickler for accuracy, that jersey's got a CCM neck tag, and not Air-Knit, making it a '93-94....in case you care. Though I guess you can just cut out the tag...

Also to note, not sure if you're going with an authentic patch or not, but the home jersey patch is triple layer twill, where the road is double layer...not sure which patch you've got.

I dont have any of the patches yet, so this is where i PM you and start asking questions again haha. I know you love it.

Sweet jersey Jeff! That thing is very unique.

Some new ones of my own...

Love the Berard! If anyone has one properly done like that theyd like to sell I'm after one.

Thanks for noticing perhaps one of the rarest jerseys you will ever see. For the rest of you who decided to not appreciate the rarity of that jersey and instead had yet another East Coast Flyers/Rangers jersey orgy, I'm going to give you another chance. :P

Here is my other East Germany jersey, also from 1989, and worn by Jens Feller. Oddly, this one has the sleeve stripes and numbers lower to leave room for the sponsorship patches, which the other one does not have, even though the stats for both players show the 1989 World Championships B Pool as their only national team appearances, so you'd think they'd be the same...

IIHF jerseys will never get the respect they deserve.. people just dont realize you cant just buy these things like you can with NHL jerseys( WHICH FOR THE MOST PART ARE EXTREMELY BORING !ESPECIALLY WHEN CUSTOMIZED WITH A STAR PLAYER! MAINSTREAM snoozefest!), you have to actually find them.

The fact that Communist East Germany no longer exists and you have a hockey jersey from the team is amazing. love it.

*wipes sweat off face*

I think I finally figured it out. Anthony is a hockey jersey hipster! He likes the teams that nobody else does and the players that either nobody knows about or nobody cares about!

I think I finally figured it out. Anthony is a hockey jersey hipster! He likes the teams that nobody else does and the players that either nobody knows about or nobody cares about!

just get bored of seeing the same stuff over n over. same guys on the same jerseys.. might as well turn on the radio and listen to the same station everyday and get bombarded with the same songs hour by hour.

IIHF jerseys will never get the respect they deserve.. people just dont realize you cant just buy these things like you can with NHL jerseys( WHICH FOR THE MOST PART ARE EXTREMELY BORING !ESPECIALLY WHEN CUSTOMIZED WITH A STAR PLAYER! MAINSTREAM snoozefest!), you have to actually find them.

The fact that Communist East Germany no longer exists and you have a hockey jersey from the team is amazing. love it.

That couldnt be said any better. That jersey is so cool.

Yeah people think defunct team jerseys are cool... try defunct countries haha. Awesome.

First off some hard to find authentic patches-

fd4mzc.jpg

And a 09-10 team issued AHL All Star PlanetUSA jersey. Going to become a John Carlson.

ahl-allstar.jpg

Its cool too because it has the AHL authentic patch on the fight strap-

34e5l55.jpg

A bit of an oddity here. Vladimir Dravecky 08-09 Reading Royals jersey. I thought he had only worn #10 for the Royals but a bit of digging through old box scores showed he wore #26 for exactly one game on Jan. 13, 2008 during which he had an assist.

He was assigned and played the same day so clearly the team was in a bit of a hurry to ready the jersey.The name on the back is made up of individual letters cut from other name plates and sewn down to make it look like a single name plate.

VladimirDraveckyReadingRoyalsFront.jpg

VladimirDraveckyReadingRoyalsBack.jpg Also found a photo from the local newspaper that shows Dravecky on the ice wearing this jersey and #26 for the only time as a Royal.

500x500_18163562.jpg

EDGE 1.0 customized by EPS

tumblr_m7bwrujA101rbryi4o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m7bwrujA101rbryi4o2_500.jpg

Nice. Great choice too. Danny boy is definitely one of the more underrated D-men in the league. He and McDonagh need to be locked up FOR LIFE. If this administration do anything less than that, I will start shooting.

Nice. Great choice too. Danny boy is definitely one of the more underrated D-men in the league. He and McDonagh need to be locked up FOR LIFE. If this administration do anything less than that, I will start shooting.

Please refer to Jeremy Lin for further expectations.

Absolutely. Those 2 and Staal are your core defenseman. Build around them!

Man we have some green party and hipster movements on this board as of late lol. You know why people like mainstream players on their home team? Because the mainstream player is typically good and thus deserving of adoration, and you want a jersey with some freakin' relevance so you can wear it! Some of these oddball jerseys are excellent aesthetically, but if you collect to wear like this guy, what the hell am I going to do with a North Korea jersey anytime soon?

I see both sides of the coin, collecting for relevance/fandom and collecting for the appreciation of the hobby, but really no need to hate on the other side. We're supposed to be on here together for support, not mutiny. No reason any of my jerseys can't co-exist with a 1972 Luxembourg jersey. Where is the love?

Yeah people think defunct team jerseys are cool... try defunct countries haha. Awesome.

First off some hard to find authentic patches-

And a 09-10 team issued AHL All Star PlanetUSA jersey. Going to become a John Carlson.

Its cool too because it has the AHL authentic patch on the fight strap-

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Nice Haul. Where did you get the gold border Jack Button patch from?

Where do I sign up for target practice?

Some great stuff posted here on the past few pages.

No surpise, I love the Timonen, Rob. And Johnny, you got a sweet haul there. Love to see orange and black posted in this thread.

That Rangers Girardi is beautiful. Girardi is one of my favourite non-Flyers in the league. Although he is a pain to play against, you cant help but cheer for a guy who doesn't get the recognition that he deserves. Nothing flashy, just solid game in and game out.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Nice Haul. Where did you get the gold border Jack Button patch from?

The Cutting Edge items on eBay from xahlgoalie.