2007 All-Star jerseys?

DesertRat

No kidding. Those have been really kept under wraps and out of the shops, haven't they?

All I've seen is the artwork for them and not a single photo of the real thing yet.

I've heard some bad rumors about pricing for the "new" authentic styles and some worse reports about the quality of the replicas. It will be interesting to see what pricing and quality they have when they hit the market as well.

JeffB

I think nhlshop had them on their website site for a real short time last week and they were $$$.

Yes I give them credit they have hid them well from the public eye and no leaks. I am in the process of ordering a few authentics because I have this feeling that not only will I not be able to afford the new ones but they won't be fan friendly meaning not something a fan should wear at all unless they have equipment on under it.

...I have this feeling that not only will I not be able to afford the new ones but they won't be fan friendly meaning not something a fan should wear at all unless they have equipment on under it.

Good point and I hope that isn't what happens.

On Chriscreamer's board, I read that they were leaked for a fe $429 or something. I hope this is not going to be the case once they are released en masse. I just want a replica Perrault jersey to continue my All-Star Coyotes replica jersey collection, for under $200, like we would usually have available. :wacko:

Good point and I hope that isn't what happens.

On Chriscreamer's board, I read that they were leaked for a fe $429 or something. I hope this is not going to be the case once they are released en masse. I just want a replica Perrault jersey to continue my All-Star Coyotes replica jersey collection, for under $200, like we would usually have available. :wacko:

Heres a link

http://goaliestore.com/board/showthread.ph...ht=Star+Jerseys

J Villa

Edited by villavelocity
deleted images

:( wont let me see/download em. need to set permissions or something like that?

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

They are on nhlshop now here is a link: 2007 All-Star Jerseys $425 for a lettered authentic? no thanks I'll wait for them to hit the clearance bin.

uh oh icejerseys might be in trouble too, I'm putting my $10 bucks in the pot that not very many people will fork out that kind of money for an authentic let alone customized. I find the price point now just a bit too expensive but with a small sale it's dealable. But now it's way over my limit and with the implementation of replicas that are less quality?

Collect them while you can before jersey purchasing becomes reserved for the rich.

Totally agree Finny. I might start doing junior jerseys instead (RBK hasn't butchered those yet) but finding authentics let alone places to letter them is hard.

Blank replicas for $110? That's a pretty hefty price increase over $80 for a current blank replica. A 37.5% increase to be exact!

I'm a fan who just wants a jersey in these tight economic times. I don't need the fancy technology in my replica and am not willing to pay $110 for a blank replica. It just isn't going to happen. Maybe they'll all sit around unsold and I can pick one up off of ebay in 3 years for a reasonable price if I still feel that I want one then, but sorry, there seems to be too much emphasis on this zoomy new technology and no thought paid to the price point and what Joe Average is used to spending.

37.5% more? Get bent.

I was expecting the prices to increase, but I'm more impatient. I was about to order one., but I remembered that there are two players for the West that normally wear #94. Ryan Smyth will probably wear it, as he has more tenure in the NHL. :unsure: Therefore, the number of the player I want to customize as, Yanic Perreault, will remain a mystery for about another week, so I have to wait until that is known before I can order one. :angry:

I'll eagerly wait for what IJ will be offering. :stickhndl:

We now have the replicas in stock here. At $107, we are a few bucks less than NHL.com, but based on our cost we can't do any better than that. I believe that the pricing on the all-star premier replica jersey is higher than it will be on the regular team premier replica jerseys that will be available for next season. I think that the price is higher for this jersey due to the fact that RBK was unable to source production in a timely and cost efficient manner due to time constraints. For next year things will be properly sourced and timed, resulting in a price more in-line with the current 'Classic' replica price (from what I hear and am hoping). As far as the jersey itself, I think the new materials, feel, design and construction should add back some of the value lost for the crest being screened to a sewn twill crest, instead of twill and embroidery. The problem according to RBK is that there wasn't enough of a discernable difference between the replica and authentic to the average fan. They are trying to differentiate the product - value offering at various price points.

We now have the replicas in stock here. At $107, we are a few bucks less than NHL.com, but based on our cost we can't do any better than that. I believe that the pricing on the all-star premier replica jersey is higher than it will be on the regular team premier replica jerseys that will be available for next season. I think that the price is higher for this jersey due to the fact that RBK was unable to source production in a timely and cost efficient manner due to time constraints. For next year things will be properly sourced and timed, resulting in a price more in-line with the current 'Classic' replica price (from what I hear and am hoping). As far as the jersey itself, I think the new materials, feel, design and construction should add back some of the value lost for the crest being screened to a sewn twill crest, instead of twill and embroidery. The problem according to RBK is that there wasn't enough of a discernable difference between the replica and authentic to the average fan. They are trying to differentiate the product - value offering at various price points.

a pic of the all star jersey and EDGE system here:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/...htm?POE=SPOISVA

Thanks Crywolf hopefully authentics stay around the $200 they are now.

My concern is clearly that the jerseys of a high enough quality to be worth buying will be too expensive and that the less expensive ones won't look enough like the real thing to bother with no matter how much less they cost. For example, not having secondary logos on the shoulders, as I have read, is not acceptable at any price.

I read some article stating the feel of the replica would be much like the feel of the replica olympic jerseys...very cheap feeling in a nutshell.

This does create a strong issue that authentics will be overpriced and replicas quality reduced so much that a large group of purchasers will turn away from the market.

I read some article stating the feel of the replica would be much like the feel of the replica olympic jerseys...very cheap feeling in a nutshell.

This does create a strong issue that authentics will be overpriced and replicas quality reduced so much that a large group of purchasers will turn away from the market.

We got the replicas in today and though the new fabrics make the jerseys lighter, they in no way feel cheap. I think they are very well finished and represent a quality product. We have to start realizing that fabrics introduced in the 1980's are no longer relevant to sports in the new millenium. If you go out running these days, do you still wear heavy fleece sweatpants and sweatshirts like Rocky Balboa in the original Rocky? Only if you are trying to lose 5 - 10 lbs of water each time you run! Due to new fabric technology, we all feel much more comfortable and look a lot better in Nike Dri Fit or Under Armour performance apparel. It is a lot lighter, breathes better and allows us to perform better. Although performance apparel is lighter.. it certainly doesn't feel cheap. Generally, that's the way I see the new jerseys. I am pretty sure if you order one you will be happy with the quality. If not, our Satisfaction Guarantee means you can ship it back for a refund within 30 days.

We got the replicas in today and though the new fabrics make the jerseys lighter, they in no way feel cheap. I think they are very well finished and represent a quality product. We have to start realizing that fabrics introduced in the 1980's are no longer relevant to sports in the new millenium. If you go out running these days, do you still wear heavy fleece sweatpants and sweatshirts like Rocky Balboa in the original Rocky? Only if you are trying to lose 5 - 10 lbs of water each time you run! Due to new fabric technology, we all feel much more comfortable and look a lot better in Nike Dri Fit or Under Armour performance apparel. It is a lot lighter, breathes better and allows us to perform better. Although performance apparel is lighter.. it certainly doesn't feel cheap. Generally, that's the way I see the new jerseys. I am pretty sure if you order one you will be happy with the quality. If not, our Satisfaction Guarantee means you can ship it back for a refund within 30 days.

I just purchased a blank Western replica. I'll worry about customization at a later time. From what I've read, I think I won't be unhappy with the quality.