Malkin

Mach_9

I completely agree that the Penguins need Staal now and he should stay with the team. Of course it isn't my team and it is the decision of the new ownership group of the Penguins. Tonight was their 8th game, so the decision will have to be made soon as game #9 is on Saturday.

It will certainly be interesting to see, though I have a feeling they'll keep him around. In fact, I have a feeling that Shero is only even saying it's a tough decision to build some drama, since he doesn't have to state his true opinion until after the 9th game, and keep the fans interested and on edge. When he announces Staal will stay, people will cheer and say he made a good decision. I personally feel it's a no brainer.

It will certainly be interesting to see, though I have a feeling they'll keep him around. In fact, I have a feeling that Shero is only even saying it's a tough decision to build some drama, since he doesn't have to state his true opinion until after the 9th game, and keep the fans interested and on edge. When he announces Staal will stay, people will cheer and say he made a good decision. I personally feel it's a no brainer.

Exactly, the guy just bought an NHL team. He is going to want the best team possible on the ice to try to bring him a profit as soon as possible. Staal helps that team more by being in Pittsburgh as opposed to back on his Junior Team.

BTW, just saw the highlights of the game. Malkin and Crosby on the same line is scary and that goal by Malkin was really nice.

Exactly, the guy just bought an NHL team. He is going to want the best team possible on the ice to try to bring him a profit as soon as possible. Staal helps that team more by being in Pittsburgh as opposed to back on his Junior Team.

BTW, just saw the highlights of the game. Malkin and Crosby on the same line is scary and that goal by Malkin was really nice.

Yeah - they are incredible together. I've never been a huge Crosby fan, because I felt he was whiny and one dimensional last year (though I will only embrace it if he proves me wrong in his sophomore season), but Malkin looks like my kind of player through and through. The setup on Crosby's goal, from a technical stand point, was more impressive than Malkin's goal. Both were tremendous displays of his talent though.

Malkin's got 4 goals in 4 games, along with 2 assists (Staal has 4 goals as well - I don't see him going back to the minors). Tonight he scored what might be the craziest goal since Ovechkins roll over last season. Highlights on the Pens site. His goal is about 2:20 into the highlight reel. God this kid has a lot of intensity - love the goal celebration lol.

I actually saw that play develop as I was watching the game on Vs. It was absolutely amazing. The long-bomb pass from Crosby and the way Malkin took off, it would have been a total heartbreak if he didn't score. The way he just schooled and owned Brodeur was nothing short of amazing.

The fist-on-glass was the capper, and really puts to bed that stereotype of the stoic Russian player. :)

I actually saw that play develop as I was watching the game on Vs. It was absolutely amazing. The long-bomb pass from Crosby and the way Malkin took off, it would have been a total heartbreak if he didn't score. The way he just schooled and owned Brodeur was nothing short of amazing.

The fist-on-glass was the capper, and really puts to bed that stereotype of the stoic Russian player. :)

Yep. The celebration was memorable. If punching the glass didn't do it, the bear hug on Crosby definitly did. Between Malkin and Ovechkin Russian's are going to slowly develop reputation for being hyper active...

Ok, so maybe not... whenever I think of Russians, my father will always come to mind and you couldn't find a bigger stoic/cynic in the world.

I could say my father was, but he was about 4'10" so he didn't qualify as "biggest" (although his presence in a room screamed 6'8"....)

My father was a 6' 220 red haired full blooded Russian. His friends called him Rusty the Russian. He was a scary man sometimes.

Yep. The celebration was memorable. If punching the glass didn't do it, the bear hug on Crosby definitly did. Between Malkin and Ovechkin Russian's are going to slowly develop reputation for being hyper active...

They are quite exciting to watch and it is good to see the youthful joy they have for the game and what they do.

They are quite exciting to watch and it is good to see the youthful joy they have for the game and what they do.

Definitly. It's exciting just to see that kind of energy and that much intensity after a goal. Makes you wish you could be on the ice, just to feel the burst of energy after Malkin scores.

Definitly. It's exciting just to see that kind of energy and that much intensity after a goal. Makes you wish you could be on the ice, just to feel the burst of energy after Malkin scores.

Despite all the problems the owners of the Penguins have stated recently, they got it good on the youthful talent. With Malkin, Crosby, Staal, and Fleury they could turn into an Eastern Conference Powerhouse again.

Despite all the problems the owners of the Penguins have stated recently, they got it good on the youthful talent. With Malkin, Crosby, Staal, and Fleury they could turn into an Eastern Conference Powerhouse again.

Yep. And if Ryan Whitney, Ryan Malone, and Colby Armstrong pick it up they'll look fantastic. Not to mention the, thus far squandered, potentials of Maxim Talbot and Niklas Nordgren. They need a little help on the blue line, but they have all of the ingredients for an incredible team.

Malkin is a beast. 5 goals and 3 assists in 5 games.

Malkin now has 7 goals in 6 games and is only the fourth NHL'er ever to score in each of his first 6 games. Off to an incredible start. I wasn't expecting him to live up to his hype, but he seems to be surpassing it.

Malkin now has 7 goals in 6 games and is only the fourth NHL'er ever to score in each of his first 6 games. Off to an incredible start. I wasn't expecting him to live up to his hype, but he seems to be surpassing it.

Yeah, especially since so many were wondering how he would react to coming back from the shoulder injury. Guess he has answered those questions too.