walzthewarrior

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

I'm in that same boat with a 05-07 alternate.

I remember when the 6100's were on ebay pretty regularly for multiple teams and then it seemed like they vanished overnight.

The 6100's are definitely drying up, and it even seems the Edge 1.0's & 2.0's are thinning out too. 

Adidas better start pumping REAL jerseys into the market soon or they will be missing an opportunity 

You're right on that, Hockey Bob. The 1.0 & 2.0's are disappearing. JB seemed to have an unlimited supply but like the 6100's, all of a sudden his stockpile went away.

There's always hope JB can make a deal with Adidas for those MIC's

Edited by Biscuit In The Basket

I wonder how this will impact the hobby of colelcting :(

If game weight jerseys aren't made availible that will KO my ambitions of collecting

If others feel the same the whole hobby could suffer

Maybe I need to have a fire sale before everyone forgets what a good jersey feels like and stops collecting

1 minute ago, Hockey Bob said:

I wonder how this will impact the hobby of colelcting :(

If game weight jerseys aren't made availible that will KO my ambitions of collecting

If others feel the same the whole hobby could suffer

Maybe I need to have a fire sale before everyone forgets what a good jersey feels like and stops collecting

It has caused me to become much more selective. There was a time where my team would pick up a new player, and I would just run out and get the jersey just to have it. I always knew I could sell it later. Now, I probably can’t find a blank, and resale has been awful. So I try not to go crazy like I used to.

2 hours ago, Biscuit In The Basket said:

You're right on that, Hockey Bob. The 1.0 & 2.0's are disappearing. JB seemed to have an unlimited supply but like the 6100's, all of a sudden his stockpile went away.

There's always hope JB can make a deal with Adidas for those MIC's

I remember reading somewhere that JB has no interest in carrying MiC Adidas stuff.

13 minutes ago, mxgoldman said:

I remember reading somewhere that JB has no interest in carrying MiC Adidas stuff.

JB would kill to carry MIC adidas stuff.  I think you mean they have no interest in carrying the Indonesian made Adidas stuff.

4 minutes ago, mxgoldman said:

"He won't be able to get the on-ice style, Canadian-made jerseys and will likely be closing up shop. Brutal"

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockeyjerseys/comments/5xohmu/jersey_baron/

Figured he wouldn’t be able to sustain his business with just his existing stock. Like the comments in the link above mention, the liquidation sale would be epic. 

As of right now he has 6,534 listings, of which 4,877 are for Edge 2.0 jerseys.

16 minutes ago, NYRFanDB said:

Most of which are way overpriced compared to what other outlets were/are selling them for. 

1 hour ago, mxgoldman said:

"He won't be able to get the on-ice style, Canadian-made jerseys and will likely be closing up shop. Brutal"

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockeyjerseys/comments/5xohmu/jersey_baron/

Am I missing something, or isn't that quote from 2 years ago?  A lot can change in that time.  Didn't it take a while until the Edge 2.0's were available for retail?

We can hope?!

3 hours ago, NYRFanDB said:

Keep in mind tho, I'm pretty sure some are duplicates.

So he'll have a blank and then also make a listing using that blank for multiple players to be customized as.

Let's say he has the Leafs Home. He'll also use that blank to make a listing for Marner, Matthews, Nylander. Now using one jersey, he has made 4 listings.

Long story short, that 4,900 is inflated. Not sure what the actual amount is.

1 hour ago, mxgoldman said:

I just emailed asking. We'll see. 

Cool.  It will be good to have an update.

Last time I talked to JB about three weeks ago he wasn't to confident that a deal with Adidas could be worked out. I did get two MIC '16 WCOH USA's from him so maybe he'll be able to find some outside of Adidas. Adidas is dropping the ball on only selling to the league but like with most big corps we don't merit any special treatment since collectors won't be doing million dollar purchase orders.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently pick up these 2 jerseys and need some advice on what to do with them.  I had originally intended to strip them and put on more recognizable players, but now I am having second thoughts.  I don't follow either team, but I am hoping at some point to pick up at least one jersey from each NHL team,.  Plus, I like the green color on the Dallas jersey and the crest on the CBJ one.  

So, should I stand pat with both of these or change out the players?  If I decide to change them out, which players should I put on these?  Both are 2015-16 TIs. Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks for your help!

IMG_6757IMG_6758IMG_6760IMG_6761

If your goal is to collect one from each team, and you don’t particularly care, I’d suggest saving that money for something else, and leaving them as is.

I have tried stripping two Dallas Stars in that style.

If it is team issue / game worn I would leave it be.

The glue they used to hold down the letters / numbers does not come off without repreated applications and lots of frustration.

Cool!  Thanks for the help guys!  With the single layer, it makes sense that the Stars would glue down their numbers, huh? I think I'm just going to leave the Stars one as is.  I can live with Goligoski.  He played 82 games in that season, plus his name is cool.  It just rolls off the tongue (teed up for you mfitz).  Dean Kukan however, I think I'm going to turn that one into a Cam Atkinson provided the numbers aren't too glued down.   Anyone have any experience stripping a CBJ alternate?  Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Evil Pirate Zamboni said:

It just rolls off the tongue (teed up for you mfitz). 

I’m in the midst of a self-imposed TWSS ban. Apparently, I’m too predictable. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

According to awesome Slim’s sweet book, the Kings wore airknits and ultrafils in 1992/93. Does anyone know if their final-worn jerseys were ultrafil or airknit? And what year did the Kings abandon ultrafils for good? Need to get my next project right. 

Pretty sure LAK74 will know.

2 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

According to awesome Slim’s sweet book, the Kings wore airknits and ultrafils in 1992/93. Does anyone know if their final-worn jerseys were ultrafil or airknit? And what year did the Kings abandon ultrafils for good? Need to get my next project right. 

Chevy logo jerseys were airknit in every playoff season from 1990-93.  Last ultrafils were used during 1995/96.