Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

walzthewarrior

6 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Ever since I started collecting goalie gamers, when I decide to actually do up an authentic as a goalie, I hate not using goalie cut jersey, but that’s just me. 

I get that. I don't plan on going after anything further than TI jerseys in terms of price point and it's hard to justify gabbing something I wouldn't wear as I'm not really a collector. Although I did consider the '17 WC goalie cut for a change but thought better of it.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who do you think I should go with for a 1995-96 Florida Panthers Stanley Cup Jersey

• #44 Rob Niedemayer
  • #55 Ed Jovanovski
  • #34 John Vanbiesbrouck (note that the jersey is not goalie cut for those that are concerned with that)

Just would like to see what people would think would look good on this - I still need to find an authentic cup patch too.

Since most customizers charge the same regardless of name/number, Vanbiesbrouck is the best value. 

31 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Beezer or Mellanby would be my choices. 

I second this.  Although I'd lean towards Beezer.

1 hour ago, spudrock512 said:

Who do you think I should go with for a 1995-96 Florida Panthers Stanley Cup Jersey

• #44 Rob Niedemayer
  • #55 Ed Jovanovski
  • #34 John Vanbiesbrouck (note that the jersey is not goalie cut for those that are concerned with that)

Just would like to see what people would think would look good on this - I still need to find an authentic cup patch too.

Beezer!

On 3/30/2018 at 9:17 PM, spudrock512 said:

• #44 Rob Niedemayer
  • #55 Ed Jovanovski

Jovanovski

2 great choices and a nice looking jersey.  I'd probably go with Larionov since it was his first NHL season, but you can't go wrong with either guy.

On 3/30/2018 at 4:57 PM, Brilliant! said:

Also, who will be the first to get a Scott Foster Blackhawks jersey?? What a kickass story.

It is. Loved that game for so many reasons:

1. They won! 

2. Seabrook is my favorite player so having his 1000th at home for a win was sweet.

3. Foster. For a season that has been wave after wave of disappointment, it's games and stories like this that bring a little redemption. Also, what other team had two rookie (NHL) goalies over age 30?

I would consider it but if I'm buying an authentic whenever they come out it will likely be a Kaner with the "A."

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

• 1 month later...
On 3/31/2018 at 7:29 PM, TheMadHat said:

Thinking of making this 1989/90 either a Larionov or a Skriko.

Thoughts? 

41102968222_cb0721427e_z.jpg 

39337095710_e5288e94c6_z.jpg

Who'd you end up putting on this? I would second those who have said Larionov but Krutov #17 would also be really cool. Regardless of who you choose, that is a choice sweater. 

89-90Krutovrdbk.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-05-25 at 6:59 AM, walzthewarrior said:

Who'd you end up putting on this? I would second those who have said Larionov but Krutov #17 would also be really cool. Regardless of who you choose, that is a choice sweater. 

89-90Krutovrdbk.JPG

Going with Larionov. I’ve actually got a Krutov. One of my favourite sweaters. 

This is a two parter.

Since the CCMs from before the lockout and the Reebok 6100s were the same cut and design except for the CCM/ Reebok logos on the back, would it be a foul if the player didn’t wear that neck logo? Second question, Would I better off removing the CCM logo and then adding a Reebok patch? Or just add the patch over the existing brand patch?

thanks 

Fouls are in the eye of the beholder, of course, but in my estimation, yes, that would be a foul. Guys here have said an Edge with a vector would be a foul if the player only wore wordmark. 

I’ll leave #2 to the guys who have made those kind of swaps. But I’ll listen intently because I need a CCM and know where to get a Reebok cheap. If I could find a black CCM logo, of course. 

I think most of the purists here (including myself) would say it’s a foul.  In addition to the back neck logo, you also have to lose the embroidered pre-lockout NHL shield on the hem in favor of the Reebok-era shield patch.

1 minute ago, LAK74 said:

I think most of the purists here (including myself) would say it’s a foul.  In addition to the back neck logo, you also have to lose the embroidered pre-lockout NHL shield on the hem in favor of the Reebok-era shield patch.

Yup, I forgot that part. Hard pass from me.

The real answer, like always, is “it’s your jersey, do whatever you want”. 

Yah I may end up passing. It’s for a Rangers Dunham 30 Jersey which I wanted to convert to Lundqvist. Trying to find a picture of him in the old CCM style from maybe his draft year or a photo op. That’s all it would take for me to not consider it a foul.  

2 hours ago, Zeshy25 said:

Yah I may end up passing. It’s for a Rangers Dunham 30 Jersey which I wanted to convert to Lundqvist. Trying to find a picture of him in the old CCM style from maybe his draft year or a photo op. That’s all it would take for me to not consider it a foul.  

I'm not sure the 7th round pick gets a jersey. 

• 2 weeks later...

When you guys are getting customization done, how do you generally decide who goes on a jersey? I know most, if not all of you, have a player or players in mind before even purchasing a blank, but what is most persuasive? The play who won a trophy? The Captain? Your favorite player on the team? 

If you only had blanks, how would you decide? 

If I don’t have a player in mind, I do the following in this rough order:

1) Did the team have any special patches (SCF, anniversary, etc) during the years that style is worn? If so, do I want to do it with that patch? 

2) Review the roster(s) for the appropriate year(s) (limited to the “special patch” season if I want to do that). 

3) I try not to duplicate players, so I eliminate those I already have. 

4) Is there a player left that was a favorite of mine? If so, go with that guy.

5) If no favorite player left, go with an enforcer. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

If I don’t have a player in mind, I do the following in this rough order:

1) Did the team have any special patches (SCF, anniversary, etc) during the years that style is worn? If so, do I want to do it with that patch? 

2) Review the roster(s) for the appropriate year(s) (limited to the “special patch” season if I want to do that). 

3) I try not to duplicate players, so I eliminate those I already have. 

4) Is there a player left that was a favorite of mine? If so, go with that guy.

5) If no favorite player left, go with an enforcer. 

That's pretty much my thought process.  I'd probably replace "enforcer" with "captain."