Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

walzthewarrior

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok. Putting aside Leetch and Graves, among these: Beukeboom, Kovalev or Vanbiesbrouck?

Beukeboom.

OR Sundstrom OR Robitaille. If you really want to go against the grain.

If you want to be obscure make it a 1995 Pat Verbeek...

Not going for "most obscure" - the trick is to find the right balance. Thanks for the suggestion, but to me Verbeek will always be a Devil

I fully endorse this sentiment.

Doug Weight was a good one, but his rookie year was '91-92, when jerseys had the 75th Anniversary patch. My jersey's style was not in use until 92-93.

No takers for Kovalev or Vanbiesbrouck, eh?

The jersey style in 1991-92 was the same as that from 1992-96, so I guess I'm not sure why you're ruling out the Weight rookie jersey (or any other player from that season) as an option.

Make it a Doug Weight rookie jersey

I fully endorse this sentiment.

Why would you do that when you can just buy this lovely offering for a great price?

I hear the seller's a bit of a wanker, but don't let that stop you.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anybody recommend a reliable and good jersey customizer located in NJ or NYC? Would like to avoid shipping back and forth, if possible...

Edited by NYRFanDB

Rangers Authentic CCM road (blue) jersey from '94. Also want to add SC patch, probably from Patch collection, based on advice I read in the patch discussion blog.

Great idea - don't know why I didn't think of it. I sent them a message through their website asking for a price quote. While you're at it, can you think of anyone else ?

For that style I would only go for them for accuracy sake. It will be about 100-110 dollars. It's pricey compared to other places, but it's better to spend some more money and have it good instead of throw away good money to do it cheaper and have it done poorly. Not sure how quickly they'll respond to messages through their site. Call them and ask for Jim.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my grab bag jersey today and it was a Blues preseason gamer of someone I've never heard of. I was planning on making it a Doug Weight jersey as it's from the 06-07 season. I was wondering if he was an alternate captain and if EPS was a good place to send it to get stripped and re-customized.

EPS does a great job stripping jerseys, and they can letter Blues jerseys pretty well, but be aware that the letter and number fonts changed after the 2004 lockout. There are subtle differences between the prelockout (Custom Crafted) and post lockout (Liebe) fonts. I had a 2006-07 Blues jersey done by EPS, but despite the photos I sent, they put on a prelockout number, and I had to send it back to have it redone. For Weight, the letters you should be most concerned about are the E, which should have a short center post, and the W, which should have a sharp center point on top. Both those letters look different in the prelockout version. Also, almost every number looks different pre and post lockout, mostly due to the way the corners are cut.

If it's a gamer the 3 will be correct obviously, but if you change the 2 to a 9, there's no guarantee the twill colors will match exactly, if you go with EPS or any customizer other than Liebe. So stripping both numbers might be safer, but if you don't it might be OK, or it might not.

Just a few photos that hopefully might be helpful.

Liebe (2005-07) #9:

image_zpsf405e1ab.jpg

The hole in the back 9 has diagonal cuts on all four corners, which are easily seen on the gold and blue layers. The W in the name is fairly wide and has a sharp point on the top center.

Custom Crafted (pre-2004) #9:

image_zps92f620ae.jpg

The bottom right corner of the hole in the 9 is not diagonally-cut, it's a right angle. The E in the name has a long center post.

The E in the 2005-07's has a short center post, as in this gamer:

image_zpsb9838850.jpg