Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

walzthewarrior

Any suggestions on a 2008-2010 Leafs alternate jersey?

Mike Brown.

Then give it to me once it's done.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was thinking about Lupul or MacArthur but I think Kessel is the safest bet to be on the team in a few years. Then again Burke would probable be too scared to tell Mike Brown he's been traded.

I just picked up a white 1999-00 Thrashers jersey, with #99 on it.

What's everyone think...I can go with the Patrik Stefan draft jersey. Or I can go with the "alternate history" draft jersey, with D. Sedin, H. Sedin, Brendl, Connolly, or Finley. Or I can have an actual Thrashers draft pick from that year on it. Those players are Luke Sellars, Zdenek Blatny, David Kaczowka, Rob Zepp, Yuri Dobryshkin, Stephen Baby, Tommi Santala, Ray DiLauro, Garnet Exelby, and Derek MacKenzie.

Oddly enough, the only still active in the NHL is MacKenzie.

What's everyone think...I can go with the Patrik Stefan draft jersey. Or I can go with the "alternate history" draft jersey, with D. Sedin, H. Sedin, Brendl, Connolly, or Finley. Or I can have an actual Thrashers draft pick from that year on it. Those players are Luke Sellars, Zdenek Blatny, David Kaczowka, Rob Zepp, Yuri Dobryshkin, Stephen Baby, Tommi Santala, Ray DiLauro, Garnet Exelby, and Derek MacKenzie.

Not sure how "Baby" would look. And, hats off to the Thrashers' scouting department of 1999! :blink: Those are some pretty cool names, though. Exelby and MacKenzie would be recognizable...if that matters.

Garnet signed with someone recently. He was in the Wings camp last year and signed with Boston this summer.

Any ideas? I think this is a mid 80s based on the coloured CCM logo but I'm probably wrong.

067gfv.th.jpg

068fb.th.jpg

Any ideas? I think this is a mid 80s based on the coloured CCM logo but I'm probably wrong.

You're spot on, I'm pretty sure it was the '85-'86 season that those CCM blocks started showing up. So I'd go with a Brian Propp (#26) or a Tim Kerr (#12).

You're spot on, I'm pretty sure it was the '85-'86 season that those CCM blocks started showing up. So I'd go with a Brian Propp (#26) or a Tim Kerr (#12).

Any idea how many seasons the coloured blocks were on the jerseys?

Any idea how many seasons the coloured blocks were on the jerseys?

I can't give exact dates due to the amount of recycled/rebranded jerseys being used then, but the Flyers used a colored block patch like that in 1983/84. They switched to Eagle jerseys for the next 2 years, but came back to CCM in 1986/87. They used a small block colored logo, but it was embroidered into the hem (not a patch), so it didn't look exactly the same. I think the small block logo became black around 1988/89, so I think that's where the colored block logos stopped. If anyone has more specific info, I'd like to know as well.

I can't give exact dates due to the amount of recycled/rebranded jerseys being used then, but the Flyers used a colored block patch like that in 1983/84. They switched to Eagle jerseys for the next 2 years, but came back to CCM in 1986/87. They used a small block colored logo, but it was embroidered into the hem (not a patch), so it didn't look exactly the same. I think the small block logo became black around 1988/89, so I think that's where the colored block logos stopped. If anyone has more specific info, I'd like to know as well.

Yeah its definitely not a patch. I took a picture of it but I can't get the ###### image to show on here but it should be in that album.

So would that make it an 83-84/86-87?

It's not a patch? Is it screened? It didn't look embroidered to me.

EDIT: What was I thinking? The jersey is a replica, right? If so, then it doesn't really matter if the logo is a patch, screened or embroidered- it wouldn't be exactly the same as the authentic logo anyway, so you could use it for whatever year you want. If you're more of a stickler for detail, then I'd stick with 83/84 or 86-88. My earlier post was regarding the logos on authentics.

It's not a patch? Is it screened? It didn't look embroidered to me.

EDIT: What was I thinking? The jersey is a replica, right? If so, then it doesn't really matter if the logo is a patch, screened or embroidered- it wouldn't be exactly the same as the authentic logo anyway, so you could use it for whatever year you want. If you're more of a stickler for detail, then I'd stick with 83/84 or 86-88. My earlier post was regarding the logos on authentics.

Yeah its a replica. Probably should've mentioned that earlier. I'm not super picky about it, but I'd rather it be at least somewhat accurate. Thanks for the help

Or in that case, I might just turn into a Lindros rookie like this one here, if I can get away with it: http://www.classicau...id=56&lotid=765.

Edited by Mediumhero

Or in that case, I might just turn into a Lindros rookie like this one here, if I can get away with it: http://www.classicau...id=56&lotid=765.

Even during the first half of the 1990's, CCM made replicas with the red/white/blue screened logo, even when the authentics had non-colored large block logos. In fact, for all we know maybe your replica was actually made in the 90's. If you can take a closeup photo of the size tag it might help to better identify the time period in which it was made. So there's nothing to stop you from making it into a Lindros if you want.

I can't get a picture of it until tomorrow but it says either 1983 or 1993. Figures that third digit would be the one that I can't read. Though I'm leaning more towards 1983. I'll get pictures some time tomorrow.

Alright I didn't have enough time to grab a picture (a decent one anyway) but I'm 99% sure it says 1993. So it'll (probably) become a Lindros.

Actually I don't think the date is going to be of any use here. On all my 1990's CCM jerseys with a trademark date on the tag, whether authentic or replica, it says 1983. I've never seen 1993 on any CCM tag.

Its pretty hard to tell. The bottom left corner of the 8 or 9 is faded (just that one corner) so I'm just assuming its a 93.

Its pretty hard to tell. The bottom left corner of the 8 or 9 is faded (just that one corner) so I'm just assuming its a 93.

Ultimately you could put on anyone from the '82-'83 season up until the '00-'01 season because it's a replica ('01-'02 was when the CCM block was moved to the back of the neck).