Size Charts - post your sizing questions here...and LAK74 will answer them :)

How about an old CCM 56 over an old CCM 58? Never tried a 58, but there seem to be more 58's available in the older styles than 56's.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Medium would probably be closest to a size 50 in Edge 1.0, 2.0, and Indo-Edge jerseys. Also depends on how loose or fitted you wear your jerseys. If a medium is really big on you maybe a 46 is a better fit. If medium is kind of tight with a hoodie underneath then you might want to go for the 50.

There are some differences between the Edge fits (someone correct me if I am wrong)

Edge 1.0 is a little more tapered.

Edge 2.0 has baggier sleeves.

Indo-edge is hot garbage (STAY AWAY - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED).

I agree with what Zeshy25 said. The Premier medium most closely matches a size 50 Edge 1.0. The Edge is shaped somewhat differently, with sides that flare out from top to bottom, but the basic dimensions, width, length and sleeve length are as close as you can get. Pictured here is an Edge 50 1.0 on top of a medium Premier (same model jerseys, just opposite color):

image_zps4f940355.jpg

The closest match in an Edge 2.0 will probably be a 50 as well. The arms on the 2.0 will be wider, but the sleeve length will be noticeably shorter than on the Premier. For me the Premier sleeves are too long anyway, so the Edge 50 sleeves fit me well lengthwise. Next photo is an Edge 50 2.0 on top of a medium Premier (same model jersey):

image_zpsd4b14558.jpg

I don't own an Indo-Edge, but I've tried one on, and I would say that the closest fit would be, again, a size 50.

Thanks LAK74, I was wondering about the size differences between 1.0 - 50 and a 2.0 - 50. Now I see there's (almost) none. Am I correct that a 2.0 - 52 is not so much bigger than a 2.0 - 50? I believe I've read that in other topics.

I think that most would say that in absolute terms, there is little difference in size between the 2.0 50 and 52. For me though, since the 50 borders on being slightly large on me, going up to a 52 seems to make a significant difference. I have only one size 52 2.0, and it's just too big for me. Maybe it's just this particular style/cut that's on the larger side, but because of this, I'm now avoiding 2.0 52's.

A 50 fits nicely for me, over equipment. Hoping to buy my first (affordable) gamer someday and the smallest size is a 52. I'm prepared to take the risk sizewise for a gamer since I also use a 48 CCM, although that size is the max for me. In my country there's no possibility of fitting authentic sizes, so that's an extra challenge for me. Guess it's not easy for small hockey dudes. If I ever get the Us or Canada, I am going to fit all sizes and take notes for future reference. :-)

hello, folks. :) I freely admit I'm a newbie here, and to the jersey world as a whole, please forgive my ignorance.

My husband and I are interested in getting Colorado Avalanche fan jerseys (by which I mean a jersey-looking and jersey-feeling garment, but not necessarily ice-authentic; I think that would be a 'replica,' but am not up on the terminology...) as a joint present, but I'm having trouble finding his size. We're both large folks, and he's looking for a 5x or 6x decent-quality jersey, but most of the ones I can find are custom-only, which of course adds to the cost. He's perfectly fine with non-custom in other respects, and we'd really like to not spend the extra money for customizing just to get a larger size, but I've only found premade jerseys in that size range one place (icefanatics.com - hope it's not against forum rules to list it), and am not getting very good impressions of that site's reliability or security, especially when it comes to payment.

Can anyone point me to a better source for big & tall sizes of current or past Avs players jerseys? Or, does anyone have positive experience with that site that can reassure me? :)

Hi,

You might want to look into getting a goalie cut jersey. If you don't mind the player, Meigray has some available or you could check the Trading Post section in this forum to see what the members have for sale.

Hi,

You might want to look into getting a goalie cut jersey. If you don't mind the player, Meigray has some available or you could check the Trading Post section in this forum to see what the members have for sale.

interesting.. I assume, then, that goalie cut jerseys are sized larger, presumably to allow for their increased gear? thanks for the suggestion

5X or 6X is going to be very difficult to fit. Even a goalie cut is not going to get you there. This thread describes the difference between a size 58 (basically the largest available, roughly equivalent to a 3X) and a 58 goalie cut. As you will see, its only a little bigger:

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=6998&hl=mfitz804#entry152015

I have seen Reebok replicas as large as a 6X (DestinationXL has the Flyers only) but they are not easy to find.

well, I can't say that's the answer I was hoping for, but the information is helpful at least - thanks for taking the time to reply :)

Sorry. I wear between an 2x and 3x and the 58 jerseys are what I wear, so I imagine even the goalie cut (which I haven't tried) would not be the equivalent of a 5x or 6x.

What a great site, wish I found this years ago...

Just got a sz50 7287 2.0 from jerseyBaron, and is a bit bigger than I hoped. A friend's indo, (early 1.0 style) 50 is a perfect fit for what i was wanting (though may have some shrinkage from over the years).... I have several sz medium premier jerseys, would prefer the fit to be slightly smaller than those.

in a 2.0...would 46 be around that range

in a indo...would a 46 be too small?

Thanks

Edited by Sitdown

I didn't see your post here until after I replied to your other post.

Actually, a 1.0 is not an Indo. Indos have the green neck stripe with the size info on it, and no neck tags. If the jersey had a Canadian flag size tag plus a Reebok neck label, then it was a 1.0 if it was an authentic. If it was a 1.0, then the size 50 should have matched up closely to the medium Premier.

Yea found this afterward, ill reply here...

Im ~5'6 160... 40short sport coat

Premier mediums do fit well, but would prefer just a bit smaller, do not often wear bulky itens underneath.

Correct the other comparable jersey I mentioned is an auth edge 1.0, which im told fits similar to the indo's. This may have some shrinkage, but is an ideal fit.

The 2.0 third jersey i just got is also a sz50

Edited by Sitdown

One of the things I don't like about 1.0's and Premiers is that the arms are so darned long. They really fixed that problem with the 2.0's. Were the sleeves on the Premiers too long for you too? And how about the sleeve length on the Hawks 2.0 50?

The 2.0 size 46 is noticeably smaller than either the Premier medium or Edge 2.0 50, which is to be expected since it's a 2-size drop down. Here's a 46 2.0 on top of a medium Premier (same jersey, just opposite color):

image_zps3d02d20d.jpg

The arms are considerably shorter, and the sides are rather narrow and tend to fit me more like a shirt, but I'm alright with that. I'm 5'9" and 150, and I can use both 46's and 50's in the 2.0's. Sometimes, with some jersey models the size 50 sleeves are a little bit too long for me. The size 46 2.0's always fit me well in the chest and arm area, and the sleeves are always the perfect length for me, but I do wish the jersey was just a little bit wider. If they had a size 48 2.0 I think that would be absolutely perfect for me.

Edited by LAK74

Really great info thanks!

I often wind up rolling the sleeves, the premier mediums are slightly long, but close to good for me. On the sz50 2.0 I have, the sleeves were noticiabley longer.

Given the layover pic you posted I think the 2.0 46 might be worth trying, given that is an indo and would tapered slightly more and sleeves shorter, right?

I was also wanting to replace my home premier jersey too. If i were going the indo route via the vendor on this site, would you recommend staying at sz 50?

Edited by Sitdown

That's really weird about the 50 2.0 having longer sleeves than the Premier medium- the opposite of what I would have expected. Maybe that model jersey just has longer than average arms, I just don't know. You can see in a picture I posted earlier in this thread a blue All-Star 2.0 50 on top of the same model Premier medium, and the 2.0 sleeves are definitely shorter. If the Hawks size 46 has a sleeve length that is consistent with the size 50, then perhaps it might be OK on you. But I'm not sure at all, since you say that Premier medium sleeves aren't that long on you.

Edited by LAK74

Given the layover pic you posted I think the 2.0 46 might be worth trying, given that is an indo and would tapered slightly more and sleeves shorter, right?

I was also wanting to replace my home premier jersey too. If i were going the indo route via the vendor on this site, would you recommend staying at sz 50?

Sorry, I realized that I hadn't answered some other questions of yours.

Unfortunately I didn't quite understand what you meant about "Indo" in the first question. Regarding the second question, I would suggest that you look at your new 2.0 and ask yourself if you notice a huge upgrade in quality and workmanship compared to your Premiers. If you do, then you might want to think twice about buying an Indo to replace your home Premier. It looks like IJ is having a special on the Indo for $200, which is $100 less than their 2.0

price. This is just my personal opinion, but I have never liked the Indo and have always refused to purchase them- there's something about them that just looks, well... cheap. Despite the $100 price difference, I wouldn't look at it like I was having to spend $100 more to get an authentic quality product- I would actually consider that I was saving myself from wasting $200 on something that sucked.

Sorry, I was under the impression the green collar was one of the flags for the “made in Indonesia”, so assumed the pic you posted with the green collar ring was and “indo” as opposed to a 7287 2.0…

Anywho, did a few jersey overlays

Edge 2.0 (NEW)…………………………………..sz50

Older edge 1.0 (Possible Shrinkage)…....sz50

Black Premier (1 Wash)….…………………...sz M

White Premier (NEW)………………….……....sz S

Bottom -> 2.0 sz50 Top->1.0 sz50

BCB38142-FAF3-4386-8553-8C2E59FE8D2E_zps

Bottom -> 2.0 sz50 Middle -> 1.0 sz50 Top -> Premier sz M

6EFB82E9-0FCC-46EB-8EA8-B40E5E273BD0_zps

F444F1E1-B00D-4F91-BA7D-B2B6DD5CC20C_zps

9983E543-CC10-427D-84DF-8F827A8E583F_zps

FFB4DB67-FBD7-482D-B5AE-1E9AF0EA42C3_zps

A7B96D0D-AAC9-46FB-AB6A-D21168C7083E_zps

D1B26002-50A3-4235-BDC6-E1A5AC92464D_zps

Edited by Sitdown

Bottom -> Premier sz M Top -> Premier sz S

620EBFD4-5B03-4D71-A38E-20E72655B91A_zps

A9786088-0BF5-47A9-B23E-978245428B98_zps

F90969DD-6572-473F-881B-06260EB35A55_zps

97F0812C-C824-4B01-BFDC-A26023BCD383_zps

Premier

FE133598-E251-46F1-B33C-40FBF6E8DBA3_zps

From my group, the largest of the jerseys is the 2.0 as expected, sleeves are shorter then the rest of the group, with the premiers looking to be the longest. The premier S surprised me, as the fit was only slightly skinnier, though the length is the same as the M. I am a fan of the edge 1.0 material, was this combo of materials used after that first year?

Starters are square-cut jerseys (unlike Edges) and the way they fit is somewhat easier to predict. I do have a number of Starter 1998/99 size 46's, but some do fit a bit bigger than others- Starters probably varied in size a bit more than other brands in the same era. From what I know about your height and weight, I'd say you'd be OK with a 46 to 48 in the Starters.

As I mentioned earlier, Starters can vary a bit in size. This is the smallest 46 I have, on top of the largest 46, a Rangers. The Rangers has noticeably longer and wider arms, as well as a greater body length.

image_zpse1f03add.jpg

As requested, an average size 46 Starter over a size 52 1.0:

image_zpscdf1dffd.jpg

Same 46 Starter over an average size 50 2.0 (Leafs WC):

image_zps08c5343a.jpg

Would anybody be able to help me with finding out how much difference is there between an Edge 2.0 54 and an Edge (1.0 or 2.0) 50?

Or even, a Reebok Premier large vs an Edge 2.0 54. I usually wear my jerseys with just a t-shirt underneath, and judging by Ice Jerseys size charts, a 54 is virtually identical to a Premier Large. I can usually swing a Premier large in darker colours without looking too goofy.

The jersey I am looking at is a game issue, so it's 54 or bust.

Thanks.

Edited by hockeyjerseyssuck