Size Charts - post your sizing questions here...and LAK74 will answer them :)

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pit to pit: 27 in

Front neck to bottom: 28 in

Back neck to bottom: 33 in

When you do your pit to pit, are you using this method?

http://www.icewarehouse.com/lc/jerseysizing.html

Reason I ask, is that when I measure pit to pit, I can get an extra couple of inches if I extend the tape measure a bit more to the true "edge" of each side of the jersey. Does this make sense? Thanks a ton for your diligence with the tape measure too!!

Yeah that's how I'm doing it. It's kinda tough for me with the edge jerseys cause of the different stretchy material on the back and sides. And you're welcome. I'm always happy to help a fellow collector cause I've learned from others on this board.

Reebok Edge Practice Jersey Reebok Premier Replica Jersey size

56 L

58 XL

58+ (or 60) XXL

Will you please comment "Yes" if it looks like I got it right, or make the changes if I look wrong?

I think I had it wrong. This is what I had been looking for:

https://www.rivercitysports.com/US/sizing-06.cfm

I am thinking I am size 58 (should be 56) in Edge Practice Jersey, and XL in Premier Replica, and about to put in an order for one of each. Curious if everyone else has found my research/ conversions to be true.

Edited by Cosmic

Yeah that's how I'm doing it. It's kinda tough for me with the edge jerseys cause of the different stretchy material on the back and sides. And you're welcome. I'm always happy to help a fellow collector cause I've learned from others on this board.

PS- I asked this in another thread, still awaiting response:

When did Edge Practice jerseys go from 1.0 to 2.0? I want to get 2.0, from MeiGrey, and since they tell you the year that the jersey is from, I wanna make sure I am on the better side of time.

The practice jerseys are definitely NOT for the collector. They definitely lack flair. I think the little write up by Reebok says that these are for the casual fan to wear to a game, but I would not wear a pactice jersey to a game. Replica? Sure. Have done it many times. Practice jerseys provide the thinnest material, so players in ultra hot environments appreciate these.

Practice jerseys are actually amazing looking in person. What all teams use currently is referred to, by prostock collectors, as an edge 3.0 model. It's a few different materials but mainly air-knit. They are light and very breathable. From my research they went to this design in 2011-2012. If you can get your hands on a practice jersey with the "Reebok" wordmark patch on the front than it is a "3.0". My buddy had a couple prostock practice jerseys last summer and he showed them to me in person. I honestly liked them better than a 2.0 jersey. Really nice jerseys.

The older 6100 practice jerseys and the ones worn in 07-08 that were more of a 1.0 material were terrible.

Are these Edges? (or more specifically Edge 3.0) They do not say Edge, maybe MeiGray just forgot to list "Edge"? Or, am I just experiencing wishful thinking?

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?ctl_nbr=2381&nurl=control/SearchStoreItemsShow.vm&eurl=control/SearchStoreItemsShow.vm&rurl=control/SearchStoreItemsShow.vm&ei_reqIP=216.131.69.165&keys=-101&psz=25&si_title=oilers+56+practice&sidx=0&searchType=0&ei_pgparamname=nurl&isMobileRequest=N&groupId=-1&sipagename=sisearch&tru_ssl_pg=N&SUBCAMPAIGN_ID=-1&isLogOff=Y&orderby=si_title&AllowNonSecureAdmin=Y&y=0&checkDoGetProtected=Y&x=0

Is this an Edge 3.0? (I would have a hard time wearing a Stars jersey but I am #23 so this might work)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reebok-Edge-Black-NHL-Dallas-Stars-Practice-Jersey-SR-Size-56-23-Wandell-/161143804720?pt=US_Men_s_Athletic_Apparel&hash=item2584eb5330

Where can I find an Edge 3.0, size 56, either dark navy or black, for:

NY Rangers

CHI Hawks

COL Avs

EDM Oilers

or college teams are fine- Univ of Michigan would be great- their navy is ideal

Can't be like NJD, BOS, PHI, TBL, etc.

Edited by slimcutta

The first link doesn't go anywhere.

The Stars practice jersey is not one of the most recent series; it's an older "Edge." Difficult to tell if it's a 2007-08 (with the Edge 1.0 material that you probably want to avoid), or a slightly later one (approximately 2008-11) that's made of airknit. You need a closeup photo of the material on the front of the jersey to be sure. The difference in texture between the 2 is obvious.

So, for example, on meigray.com, is the Reebok 2013-2014 Edmonton Oilers Royal Blue practice jersey, size 56, an Edge 3.0? Sometimes the practice jerseys say Reebok, sometimes they say Reebok Edge. Are they all Edges?

That is an example of the latest generation of practice jersey, yes. I don't know if they are officially called Edges, but they are definitely what the pros use, so that's all that would matter to me.

• 1 month later...

I'm looking at a Blackhawks 3rd alternate (winter classic style but NOT a winter classic) edge 1.0, size 56. I can fit an older hawks ccm sz 48 with no problem and with premieres, L or XL are just fine with me. Would a 56 1.0 be too big on me? I have a 56 pro player from the early 2000's and that thing is HUGE. I like my jerseys a little big on me, but not flowing and that's what I'm concerned about. Would a 7187 1.0 sz 54 be better?

Edited by Alan_Of_The_Chi

I think the conversions typically go as follows

CCM/KOHO to Edge 2.0 = add 4 to the size

then

Edge 2.0 to Edge 1.0 = add 2 to the size (usually)

The CCM/KOHO jerseys are roomy to say the least, i like the size 52 CCMs since i'm a bit wider, but i also prefer my jerseys to be loose anyway

I also prefer the size 56 in Edge 2.0, and size 58 in Edge 1.0, but the Edge 1.0 size 56s aren't bad, they're just more form fitting in the chest area

That's my experience at least

Edge 2.0 to Edge 1.0 = add 2 to the size (usually)

This is news to me....I wear a 46 in both.....

I only use that conversion because i'm fat and don't like the added 'grippiness' of the 1.0, for smaller sizes people are typically thinner so it makes nearly no difference i think, just my preference

Many people would agree with your preference. I'm quite thin but I also prefer to go down a size in the 2.0 relative to the 1.0, as the former has considerably more room in the chest and arms.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know how much bigger the 58+ is, compared to the 58, in this version (3.0, I believe) of the Reebok Edge practice jersey?

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=6576576&catLevel=0&scLevel=&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=&catParentID=4532&scId=4532

I fit perfectly into a 58, and am curious if the 58+ will fit like a dress. I just do not see any white jerseys in any teams that I could possibly wear (BOS/ WAS/ PHI ugh).

58+ May be very slightly bigger then a 58. A little bit longer sleeves is the only noticeable difference iirc. If 58 is perfect 58+ will fit as well

I wear a size 58 in the new Reebok Edge practice jersey cut, in this style of jersey specifically:

So, I am interested in this jersey:

or this one?

What is the difference between #1 and #2?

Should I go with size 56, or size 58? I think that I read that that sizing changed when the jerseys changed styles from the ones that you are selling, to the one that I am wearing (which I think is called Edge 3.0- these are Edge 2.0, or one is 1.0 and one is 2.0?):

I wear a size XXL in the officially licensed NHL Premier jerseys.

So, 56 or 58, in these Reebok Practice jerseys? And are all of these jerseys identical (same material, same cut, etc.)

Also, what is the weight like? I love the lightweightness of my Edmonton Oilers practice jersey- are these Rangers jerseys as lightweight?

The white Rangers jerseys that you are looking at are not Edge jerseys, so they are neither 1.0, 2.0 nor 3.0. They are the older style practice jerseys, made from 2005-07 (at least for Reebok, anyway.) They are more square-shaped with larger arms than the current practice jerseys. The sizing is also different in these, so even a size 56 is likely to fit bigger than the 58 3.0 you are now using. This is just a guess, but I think a 54 might be closest to what you are using now.

• 5 weeks later...

I've checked every size chart I can find online, but I can't find anything that compares the sizing among various types of CCM replicas throughout the years.

Specifically, I'd like to order a CCM "Vintage Hockey" replica from SportsK (similar to here). Does anyone know if it's more similar to (1) the early 2000s CCM 550 replicas - in which I wear a M and it fits perfectly, or (2) the CCM "Team Classics" replicas (similar to here) - in which I wear an S because the sleeves are so long?

In my experience the Vintage Hockey replicas and the early 2000's CCM 550's match up almost perfectly sizewise. Here is a pic of a medium Vintage Hockey 550 on top of an early-to-mid 2000's CCM medium Caps 550:

image_zpsfce30b43.jpg

I have both the team classics and vintage line jerseys. As was said before the vintage line matches up perfectly with the old 550 sizing while the team classics both the body and arms are cut a little long. Don't know why they do that.

Just so I'm on the same page, the team classics are the ones with the gold "V" on the front some teams used in 2003?

No, they are the newest series of CCM replicas, which have a new neck label with "Team Classics" on it. Examples are the throwback Ducks, vintage purple Kings, Whalers, Devils red/green, Pens new 3rd, but all in more traditional straight-hem cut, not Edge or Premier cut.

Example:

http://teamlastore.com/collections/kings-jerseys/products/los-angeles-kings-premier-vintage-crown-jersey

Edited by LAK74

Remind me how the 2002 Nike USA jerseys fit...compared to old CCM style? I feel like I remember reading they fit a little bigger...if I like a 56 CCM, am I ok with a 56 Nike?

• 2 weeks later...