Size Charts - post your sizing questions here...and LAK74 will answer them :)

7 hours ago, Danny James said:

Hope this shows something revealing. I bought this Islanders Jersey used. Its 91 Tavares so its goes back a little. Its a nice heavy sweater. Nothing cheap about it. Its a retail authentic not player authentic. Even cheap Arse knockoffs dont come this big. Even xxxl doesnt have sleaves this long. Im going to hem them up and wear it with a hoodie but if you can tell by the tag let me know. Could it be a goalie cut???. Even though Tavares isnt a goalie...lol...Thanks

20210402_012253_Edited_Edited.jpg

Post pictures of the whole thing and we’ll point out why it’s fake, other than the fact that a size 48 Edge jersey doesn’t exist. 

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Both brand and size tags are fake.  The material in the neck has the wrong texture.  Sorry, but the jersey is fake.

• 6 months later...

Hi, looking to purchase my first jersey. I am 5 foot 9 and 145lbs and am not sure if should go 46 or 50 on authentic adidas sizing. I would like to be able to wear this over a normal shirt as I live in south Texas, but also have a little room to wear over a hoodie. Thanks. 

I would go 50. I’m 5’9” 160 and I wear a 52. But I like my jerseys baggy. A 46 will fit but may be a little tight with a hoodie underneath. When in doubt, always go a little bigger. 

• 1 month later...

front.thumb.jpg.e0c36d7bc9cf28345780f5ef722006f7.jpgback.thumb.jpg.c42b8beaa9739e6733cbf9638b7d7a49.jpgtag.thumb.jpg.21bd880e87ec858dd701f840d2969198.jpg317355849_fightstrap.thumb.jpg.b2fd537c17dc88b91ec21b3b14cb5550.jpgi've been looking for an (affordable) authentic 2010 boston bruins winter classic jersey for years and have finally decided to consider replicas. i found this CCM/Reebok version, but am not certain it is what it says it is. can anyone help?

also, it seems much larger than an edge 2.0 from the same time period. am i imagining this?

Edited by jmw

21 minutes ago, jmw said:

i've been looking for an (affordable) authentic 2010 boston bruins winter classic jersey for years and have finally decided to consider replicas. i found this CCM/Reebok version, but am not certain it is what it says it is. can anyone help?

also, it seems much larger than an edge 2.0 from the same time period. am i imagining this?

fight strap.jpg

Sorry, 
You have a really bad Made in China jersey 

19 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

Sorry, 
You have a really bad Made in China jersey 

Also known as a knockoff. 

22 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Also known as a knockoff. 

i wasn't clear in my initial post. i found this jersey...but haven't actually pulled the trigger on it. which is why i posted here in the first place: to see if it is what it's supposed to be.

so thank you both for your help! my search continues....;>)

Edited by jmw

I don’t recall any authentics ever being originally sold at retail.  Jersey Baron did sell some retail 2.0’s of that model, but they were not made until years after the original game was played.  Those are extremely hard to find, as I think he was the only source of them.

If you want a replica, those were not made in the regular Premier cut, but rather the more boxy 550 cut, and they look like this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154724081220?hash=item2406461e44:g:7qMAAOSwTP5ho~XA

These appear on eBay quite frequently.

5 hours ago, LAK74 said:

I don’t recall any authentics ever being originally sold at retail.  Jersey Baron did sell some retail 2.0’s of that model, but they were not made until years after the original game was played.  Those are extremely hard to find, as I think he was the only source of them.

If you want a replica, those were not made in the regular Premier cut, but rather the more boxy 550 cut, and they look like this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154724081220?hash=item2406461e44:g:7qMAAOSwTP5ho~XA

These appear on eBay quite frequently.

i actually bought one of those 2.0's from jersey baron years ago...but it was SUPER big - a 54 was significantly larger then a 56 non-winter classic i already owned. so i returned it. not sure if all the winter classic jerseys ran this big or if it was just the one i got because i've never been able to find one since!

just to be clear, are you saying that ALL of the CCM/Reebok versions with numerical sizes are knockoffs? for example, is this a knockoff:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174716373661

thanks for your suggestion. this jersey - along with any IIHF 1980 USA retro versions - are my white whales!

11 hours ago, jmw said:

i actually bought one of those 2.0's from jersey baron years ago...but it was SUPER big - a 54 was significantly larger then a 56 non-winter classic i already owned. so i returned it. not sure if all the winter classic jerseys ran this big or if it was just the one i got because i've never been able to find one since!

just to be clear, are you saying that ALL of the CCM/Reebok versions with numerical sizes are knockoffs? for example, is this a knockoff:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174716373661

thanks for your suggestion. this jersey - along with any IIHF 1980 USA retro versions - are my white whales!

NO 
Numeric sizing is the on ice version 
The one you are inquiring about is a fake 

The quickest way to spot a fake is looking at the fight strap and the way it is attached. 
Look at the one you are asking about, the twill patch that is sewn over the fight strap looks terrible 
Here's an example of a good fight strap 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/165228989796?hash=item26786a4d64:g:dqYAAOSw8HBhgqM~ 

14 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

NO 
Numeric sizing is the on ice version 
The one you are inquiring about is a fake 

The quickest way to spot a fake is looking at the fight strap and the way it is attached. 
Look at the one you are asking about, the twill patch that is sewn over the fight strap looks terrible 
Here's an example of a good fight strap 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/165228989796?hash=item26786a4d64:g:dqYAAOSw8HBhgqM~ 

got it...thanks.

(and yes, now that i actually look at it closely, that fight strap is a hot mess. lesson learned!)