Starter Authentic Sizes?

DropkickMurphy8

To all that are following this thread, on a basic level, the Starters are the jerseys that have the most variance when it comes to what size they're tagged with and what they actually fit like. Everything for the most part before the Starter mesh authentics and most everything made after them are pretty consistent as far as sizing.

In general, if you see a Starter mesh authentic on eBay that you like and are thinking about bidding on, be sure to get measurements just in case.

• 1 month later...

This is a question regarding that the jerseys came with and without a fight strap.

Is it correct that the jerseys that came without fight strap also had no re-inforced elbows?

Was the model without fight strap only available during 1 season or during all 3 season Starter made jerseys?

My feeling is that the jerseys without fight strap is much smaller in sizing compared the ones with fight strap. Can anybody confirm this or have a different take?

Pittsburgh Penguins 1996-1997 Starter (Star-logo) - 3RD Jersey

19961997.th.jpg

---

Pittsburgh Penguins 1997-1998 Starter (Written-logo) - AWAY Jersey

19971998.th.jpg

• 5 months later...

Hey Im new to the Board after reading all this I figured I'd just ask for the hell of it I am looking at ordering a Rangers White starter authentic. WIth the tags still on it, the tag is 54-R I am about 5'7" and just about 200 pounds are thr 54's generally HUGE would I be swimming in it? and what do these jerseys usually go for I have a few replicas and only one authentic that was a gift so I dont know what it would or could be worth, As it seems this one is in mint or almost mint condition with the tags and all still in place. Any info would be great I appreciate it

I'll tell you right now, I am an inch or 2 shorter than you, and around 230, and I have a 52 that is HUGE. 48's fit me pretty much perfectly, so I'd suggest you go for that size to give you some room. You could live inside a 54.

I need a ccm hemline patch for my All star jersey do you know if there is anywhere I could obtain one, its a cheap jersey ive had since 94 but it was just the screened on logo I wanna sew a real one on. The screen print has always bugged me

I need a ccm hemline patch for my All star jersey do you know if there is anywhere I could obtain one, its a cheap jersey ive had since 94 but it was just the screened on logo I wanna sew a real one on. The screen print has always bugged me

Those CCM hem tags were embroidered directly on the jerseys and were not patches.