Jersey opinion

PatrickKB

I just received my first hockey jersey today from nhlshop.com. Reading the forum after I ordered it I learned that most people do not like the work that they do. Take a look at the following pictures and let me know what you think of the jersey, what did nhlshop.com do wrong with the jersey? This is the only authentic jersey that I have ever seen so I have nothing to compare it too. Thanks for the help.

2011-02-0822-06-11_0028.jpg

2011-02-0822-06-14_0030.jpg

2011-02-0822-06-18_0033.jpg

2011-02-0822-06-15_0031.jpg

2011-02-0822-06-17_0032.jpg

The numbers are machine-stitched but that seems par for the course with NHL.com. Everything else checks out. The jersey is legit and so are the name and numbers.

Thanks for the help. I called and complained about the large numbers on the back and they are sending me a slip to return the jersey and have the numbers redone, I hope they will look better the second time. The name and smaller numbers on the sleeves look good to me.

So NHL shop is giving me the run around they said that I was going to receive a repair slip by US Mail but I never received it so I called to see wear it was. When I called again they said that it was emailed not mailed but I never received it so I asked them to resend it and they told me that they can't for 10 days at first and put me on hold. When she came back I was told now that I will have to be contacted by someone and that their was nothing that they can do for me until I receive a phone call. I guess customer service is not very important to them, all I was asking was for them to redo the large numbers on the back.

I haven't been very impressed with the NHL shop's customer service. I ordered a cam fowler jersey during the black Friday sale that came spelled "Flower" and i only got a refund last week.

• 2 weeks later...
2011-03-0122-08-38_0034.jpg2011-03-0122-08-36_0033.jpg2011-03-0122-07-56_0030.jpgI just received my jersey back from NHL shop today after I had them redo the large number on the back because it was bubble. It looks a lot better than it was at least the numbers are flat and not bubble all though the number two is a little crooked. Part of the paper underneath the stitching has been removed if I keep picking at it can I remove all of the paper with out pulling the thread out? What do you think about how the numbers look?

The 2 looks off and doesnt look like its level with the 5 and its a shame where the official store of the nhl is one of the worst places for customization from experience and from others feedbacks (its like that for the NFL shop too as their customization sucks as well. NBA and MLB shops usually are well done with customizations).

i agree. The 2 looks the same and its a shame where the official store of the nhl is one of the worst places for customization from experience and from others feedbacks (its like that for the NFL shop too as their customization sucks as well. NBA and MLB shops usually are well done with customizations).

But yeah, NHL.com sucks for customizing. I ordered a Hossa premier once, and I didn't know the numbers/name was heat-pressed. I complained and said the numbers were bad. I forgot what I said exactly, but they gave me a refund... just saying... If you want a refund, you can complain and say the numbering is crooked?

The 2 looks the same in both before and after pictures. Do you think they just ironed the jersey and sent it back to you?

I don't know it seemed to be stitched on bubble not just wrinkled, the care tag on the inside was stitched over the first time so it was attached to the number, it is now loose and i can see the holes from were they stitched threw it the first time.

The 2 looks off and doesnt look like its level with the 5 and its a shame where the official store of the nhl is one of the worst places for customization from experience and from others feedbacks (its like that for the NFL shop too as their customization sucks as well. NBA and MLB shops usually are well done with customizations).

I guess my eyes are not working well.

I just received my jersey back from NHL shop today after I had them redo the large number on the back because it was bubble. It looks a lot better than it was at least the numbers are flat and not bubble all though the number two is a little crooked. Part of the paper underneath the stitching has been removed if I keep picking at it can I remove all of the paper with out pulling the thread out? What do you think about how the numbers look?

Numbers look pretty bad; terrible, at their prices.

If you're not happy with it, just get a refund. Sure, it's a pain in the Arse going through the process of trying to get your money back but there's no point in keeping something if you're not happy with it especially if you have spent a lot of money on something.