Customizing a 2002 All Star Jersey

mharolde

Hello,

I recently acquired a blank World Team all star jersey from the 2002 game in Los Angeles.

The jersey is a CCM 6100 authentic, beautiful jersey.

I tried to have Icejerseys customize it for me but they said they can't do that era jersey.

The guy I got the jersey from said I should try EPS, and they said they could do it and gave me a quote.

Unfortunately they don't have the team or country patches, but I found an official flag on ebay.

Going to turn the jersey into a Palffy #33 jersey, so I am trying to find an official Kings shield patch.

No luck there, but I ordered an unofficial patch and will see how it looks when I get it.

In the reading I have been doing here, there are some mixed reviews of EPS, which kinda surprises me

since they currently do a couple of NHL teams.

So...am I in good hands sending my prize jersey to EPS for customization or are there better alternatives?

Also, I am a little unsure what to ask for in my customization, since it seems the more specific you are the better.

Locating the patches and numbers no problem, but what type of twill? Layered or the kiss cut. It would seem

layered to me, but I want whatever was done on the on ice jerseys themselves. Also the name, should it have a

name bar or be stitched directly to the jersey. If a name bar, do i need to specify air knit material?

Josh at EPS assured me the jersey would be exactly like the on ice version, but I don't want to leave any room for error.

Lot of rookie questions I know, but I have only had my jerseys customized at Staples Center to date.

Although I have been happy with the work, I have no basis for comparison. Also wonder where they send their jerseys,

the salesmen wouldn't tell me.

Thanks for the replies and reading through all of this.

EPS should be able to do it fine. I'm pretty sure the game versions were stacked twill too. I've seen game-worn ones from the 2003 game and those were stacked so I would assume the previous year's ones were the same. Just make sure you send them pictures of what you want done exactly. Don't give them the chance to screw it up. Those jerseys were air-knit so include that in the order for the nameplate.

As for the patches though, those are tough. Try these two sellers on eBay. nerdgirl_bc or altanhl. They usually have those All-Star patches in stock.

EPS should be able to do it fine. I'm pretty sure the game versions were stacked twill too. I've seen game-worn ones from the 2003 game and those were stacked so I would assume the previous year's ones were the same. Just make sure you send them pictures of what you want done exactly. Don't give them the chance to screw it up. Those jerseys were air-knit so include that in the order for the nameplate.

As for the patches though, those are tough. Try these two sellers on eBay. nerdgirl_bc or altanhl. They usually have those All-Star patches in stock.

Thanks for the reply Brilliant!

I actually purchased the Slovkian flag for these jersey from altanhl, but he didn't have the Kings shield.

Checked nerdgirl_bc's stick, no luck there either.

I found a couple on ebay, but on the pictures of the patch the KINGS looks crooked (perfectionist).

I bought both I saw in hopes that one looks good :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice on EPS, I will send what pics I can find and provide complete written instructions.