1990 Heroes of Hockey (Legends Game)

chow_hound

Hey everyone,

I am calling on the help of some of our older and wiser hockey fans here, as my own research hasn't lead me to a whole lot.

I am looking for detailed information on the Heroes of Hockey game, debuting in the 1990 NHL All Star game held at Civic Arena In Pittsburgh.

This was the first year that the All Star Skills competition was adapted, and was also the first year of the more commonly known, Legends game, or Oldtimers game which was a 2 period matchup featuring retired super stars.

What I am looking for is 2 things.

A ) Team Rosters of all participating players who played in this game on both sides.

B ) Either Photo or Video clips from the pregame/warm up/game/interviews.

I have scoured through Getty Images, only to find the 1991 Chicago All star Heroes game onward. And the best info I have found is through Classic Auctions archived website, where some of the gamer jerseys are up which obviously tells me who played but they are limited.

If anyone has any info on this it would be much appreciated!!! Ideal would be someone who has a program or went to the game and has advertising material.

THANKS EVERYONE!

Wales:

Billy Smith

Michel Dion

Harry Howell

Brad Park

Denis Potvin

###### Redmond

Jim Schoenfeld

Bryan Watson

Syl Apps (Jr)

Andy Bathgate

Johnny Bucyk

Wayne Cashman

Yvan Cournoyer

John Ferguson

Rod Gilbert

Reggie Leach

Peter McNab

Ulf Nilsson

Henri Richard

Glen Sather

Scotty Bowman (coach)

Campbell:

Don Edwards

Gilles Meloche

Lee Fogolin

Keith Magnuson

Lou Nanne

Bob Plager

Pat Stapleton

Bill White

Alex Devlecchio

Danny Gare

Nick Libett

Ted Lindsay

Frank Mahovlich

Pete Mahovlich

Lanny McDonald

Stan Mikita

Jim Pappin

Mickey Redmond

Eddie Shack

Darryl Sittler

Red Kelly (coach)

Hey everyone,

I am calling on the help of some of our older and wiser hockey fans here, as my own research hasn't lead me to a whole lot.

I am looking for detailed information on the Heroes of Hockey game, debuting in the 1990 NHL All Star game held at Civic Arena In Pittsburgh.

This was the first year that the All Star Skills competition was adapted, and was also the first year of the more commonly known, Legends game, or Oldtimers game which was a 2 period matchup featuring retired super stars.

What I am looking for is 2 things.

A ) Team Rosters of all participating players who played in this game on both sides.

B ) Either Photo or Video clips from the pregame/warm up/game/interviews.

I have scoured through Getty Images, only to find the 1991 Chicago All star Heroes game onward. And the best info I have found is through Classic Auctions archived website, where some of the gamer jerseys are up which obviously tells me who played but they are limited.

If anyone has any info on this it would be much appreciated!!! Ideal would be someone who has a program or went to the game and has advertising material.

THANKS EVERYONE!

Didn't Upper Deck or one of the card companies have a Heros of Hockey subset? I swear I remember some of the "Heros" cards...

AWESOME!

Can I ask, where did you come across the info??? I've spent the better part of the weekend looking for it with no avail.

That's from the January 20, 1990 edition of the Washington (PA) Observer-Reporter.

As for an old videotape, the HoH game and the skills competition were both on SportsChannel America.

i thought someone had made them an offer. It was not a BIN auction

There was a bid on it when it was changed over. I saw it had ended 2 mins after the BIN designation, so I assumed someone offered the seller $100 for it and the seller accepted it and changed the auction.

....lucky you.......i was bidding on that one......was willing to go up to $350 on that one.......

whats this baby look like?