Who's Selling the 2011 All Star Gamers??

chow_hound

Hey everyone,

I haven't heard where the 2011 All Star gamers are going for sale. I know they sometimes offer players right of refusal to buy their own jersey, but i also recall from prior years up to 3 sets being worn (1 per period)

Does anyone have an idea as to where these are going for sale?

Also on a side note, has anyone heard about Authentics being sold in Raleigh at the game?

Barry Meisel was hinting that MGG will have something to do with all the jerseys (including the unused ones) from the fantasy draft.

It'll be kind of strange. Do you want a Team Staal Stamkos jersey, when he was on Team Lidstrom?

Information from barry on gameworn.net

it will be not possible to buy real gamers. only the issued draft jerseys that was not needed for the game will be sell by MGG.that means i cant have a blue Hiller...:(:(:(:blink::noway:

Hi Mike,

Yes, for the sixth straight season the NHL-MGG Game Worn Authentication Program has security-tagged and authenticated all jerseys and authenticated pucks from the NHL All-Star Weekend.

Here's the Population Report:

To prepare for the Fantasy Draft, three All-Star Game jerseys of each color (3 white, 3 blue) were made for each All-Star and one jersey of each color (1 white, 1 blue) was made for each Rookie.

To prepare for the Skills Competition, one jersey in each color (respective team's home and road)was prepared for each All-Star and two jerseys in each color (respective team's home and road) were prepared for each Rookie.

Once the Fantasy Draft determined Team Lidstrom and Team Staal, MGG (yes, me) boxed up and put away the jerseys that would not be needed for the events based on the draft.

The three All-Star Issued, but not needed, jerseys for each All-Star have been distributed as follows:

One set returned to the NHL teams.

One set acquired by MeiGray for retail sale to collectors around the world. An announcement regarding the availability of jerseys from this set will be offered for sale later this week. Requests issued to sales@meigray.com will be accepted and logged.

One set retained by the NHL Foundation for a variety of charitable endeavors.

The non-needed Skills Competition and all Rookie jerseys were retained by the NHL Foundation for selected charities.

Now, for the jerseys that were worn in Team Lidstrom's 11-10 victory over Team Staal ...

All Skills Competition jerseys (All-Stars and Rookies) went to the card companies.

All-Star Game, first period, retained by the NHLPA.

All-Star Game, second period, retained by the NHL teams.

All-Star Game, third period, kept by the player.

Unfortunately, no jerseys from the All-Star Game will be available for auction or retail sale by NHL-MGG.

NHL-MGG did collect and authenticate warm-up used, game-used, and goal-scored pucks from the All-Star Game and will be putting those up for auction later today.

Regards,

Barry

I really doubt there's gonna be a huge demand for Draft jerseys of the players who didn't get drafted by that team? I may buy one to strip if it's cheaper than the $350 retail price.

Reading this makes me sad so many teams are going away from the MeiGray game-worn program.

Barry and the crew do an amazing job and really seem to look out for the interest of us collectors.

yeah thats really sad. barry and his team receives only the shirts that normally would go to the wastebasket.

Barry and Meigray team were so amazing!! but the teams wants to earn more money with all of this and they didn't get a f*** at us collectors...look at the Canucks this season...the hawks...also the rangers or the islanders.

because who wants a white Kane...or a blue Staal...or a blue Sharp:) i wanted my blue Hiller:(

i cant understand that...for what needs the NHLPA and also the NHL teams the two sets of the Game Worns.

they aren't collectors. i can understand that one set is given to the players...that's a nice thing.

but one set at least should be available for the fans.

If this is the case I have a proposition for everyone on board.

If we all have a certain player jersey we want why not buddy up with someone who wants a player on the opposite team style.

Both people strip the jerseys and keep the parts, and swap the jerseys.

This of course is only a good idea if Retail authentics are not sold, or are over priced, or no-one can customize them correctly.

If this is the case I have a proposition for everyone on board.

If we all have a certain player jersey we want why not buddy up with someone who wants a player on the opposite team style.

Both people strip the jerseys and keep the parts, and swap the jerseys.

This of course is only a good idea if Retail authentics are not sold, or are over priced, or no-one can customize them correctly.

Not a bad idea except I highly doubt people will want red N&N on the blue jersey or white N&N on the white jersey!!

maybe the red numbers on a blue jersey looks nice:) lol

i will wait for how much MGG will sell this draft issued jerseys...

maybe i can take blue corey perry and strip name and number and make a Hiller with this:) because i have then the right shoulder patch:)