Possible to get nameplate material from an Edge sock

TMLFAN

I've been looking through some pictures of the Edge socks and noticed that they appear to have the same material that the back of the jersey's are made of at the top of the sock.

If anybody has a pair can they confirm this and if it is the same material is there enough of it to cut out for a nameplate?

Let me know,

Thanks.

Be careful. Are the socks made from the back material or the front and arms material? Because there is a difference. The back stuff isn't as thick as the front and is almost like a very tight micro-mesh. As far as I know, none of the teams use the front stuff for nameplates; only the back stuff.

Be careful. Are the socks made from the back material or the front and arms material? Because there is a difference. The back stuff isn't as thick as the front and is almost like a very tight micro-mesh. As far as I know, none of the teams use the front stuff for nameplates; only the back stuff.

I think the sock has both. The top of the sock looks to be the same micro-mesh material as the back but there isn't a lot of it.

You might be able to get something out of it. Probably nothing longer than about 6 or 7 letters though.

That wouldn't be too bad I guess. Some of the names I'm using are in that area.

That might work for a team that doesn't use huge letters. Like all the other crap they push out Reebok completely overdesigned the socks too. This auction shows about how much you can expect to get from it, which is not much.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-RBK-Pro-Stock-Edge-Hockey-Socks-NY-Islanders-XL-/300427817978?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f2e4b3fa

Just compared my Canucks EDGE socks to the nameplates on both my Canucks gamers. Same material. I imagine you'd be able to get a one name plate per sock. Approximately 6-9 letters I think, depending on font too of course.

Just compared my Canucks EDGE socks to the nameplates on both my Canucks gamers. Same material. I imagine you'd be able to get a one name plate per sock. Approximately 6-9 letters I think, depending on font too of course.

Good to know. If possible, could you get a measuring tape and measure the length of the usable area? If I knew the length I could figure out how many letters I could fit on it.

Retail sock or team issue?

They're actually very different. The retail ones are much lighter weight.

Did a measurement for you, it's approximately 19 inches wide, by 8 inches tall. Not entirely rectangular as there is a rounded edge on two of the corners. Though that won't be a problem for getting one nameplate per sock.

@irishlaxburger2: yeah they are team issued socks.

Thanks for the measurement. 19 inches will fit about 9 letters for the Maple Leaf jerseys I have which is plenty. I stopped by the store today and had a look at the edge socks. The material at the top is the same as the material on the back of the jerseys BUT the socks that are sold in stores are made of the same back material as the premier jerseys and I guess the team socks are made of the same material as the authentic jerseys.

I guess if I can find some team socks for cheap I will go that route because the retail socks won't work.

How about team issued practice jerseys? Do they have the same material on the back as on the back of the game jerseys? If so it would be worth it for me if I can pick one up for around $50 - $75 because I can save about $30 on customization if I do the nameplate myself and as it stands right now I need 4 white and 2 blue edge nameplates.

How about team issued practice jerseys? Do they have the same material on the back as on the back of the game jerseys? If so it would be worth it for me if I can pick one up for around $50 - $75 because I can save about $30 on customization if I do the nameplate myself and as it stands right now I need 4 white and 2 blue edge nameplates.

It is the same material as a typical pro-stock/authentic EDGE jersey

It is the same material as a typical pro-stock/authentic EDGE jersey

Good to know, thanks.

Just PM sf3383 I think he has edge nameplates from rbk

Done, thanks.

No problem. If you want to see pictures, I have an orange Isles practice jersey. Let me know and I will PM them/post em. :thumbsup:

Yeah, if you can hit me up with a close-up picture of the back material that would be great.

Thanks.

Definitely worth a try. I was thinking about doing the same :thumbsup:

Yeah, I picked up a white game used practice jersey already and I'm gonna wait until the Leafs have an equipment sale and try to pick up a pair of blue socks.