Capitals to wear TBTC jerseys on Feb. 1st

Brilliant!

via the MeiGray Group:

The Washington Capitals will be wearing a special, one-game-only set of white 'Turn Back the Clock Night' jerseys when they play the Montreal Canadiens Tuesday, February 1 at Verizon Center. These jerseys are the same style the Caps wore in their 3-1 victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins in the Winter Classic - the only difference being that these jerseys will not have the Winter Classic patch on them.

Excellent. Hopefully, this means the Habs will wear their red jerseys on the road. It'll be just like the good old days!

It's also Dino Ciccarelli Night, so those of you in the DC area with underage daughters make sure to tell them not to get into limos.

tmyka.gif

Is it really Dino night? That's pretty cool. His unsavory personal exploits aside, he's still one of my all-time favorites. I still remember that four-goal game he had against the Pens in the 1992 playoffs. They should have won that series. The Rangers probably win the Cup if Pittsburgh gets bounced in that round.

It's also Dino Ciccarelli Night, so those of you in the DC area with underage daughters make sure to tell them not to get into limos.

tmyka.gif

The city will run out of cocaine for the night.

• 2 weeks later...

Just for the sake of information, the Penguins are wearing their Winter Classic jerseys tonight against the Kings. Fueling the fire of this possibly being their new 3rd next year? Hmmmmm.....

I'm disappointed that the Pens didn't wear their CEC Patch on the WC jerseys the other day. I wasn't surprised to see it missing at the WC, but I thought it would have appeared Thursday since they have it on every other jersey they're wearing this year.