What do you look for in a jersey?

jukierules

I collect for my favorite team - Pittsburgh Penguins - and any other jerseys that catch my eye, or that I think look "sharp", aka must haves. I've got some Mitchell and Ness NHL jerseys that I like too because I have a soft spot for vintage NHL jerseys. I also prefer to find blank jerseys so I can customize them to any player later on. I find this advantageous to an extent because the value (at least on ebay) of a legit authentic Penguins Lemieux, Crosby, Malkin or Jagr jersey is pretty high. So why not just find a blank and pay less to customize? :)

I also aim for authentic jerseys. I don't own any NHL replicas, but I plan to pick some up due to their low price AND decent quality (for a replica; especially compared to replica MLB, NFL, NCAA, and NBA jerseys).

my first thought to this post title was.... Ashley Judd. (for those who know the UK posters)

My "jersey claim to fame" is doing the typesetting on the Ashley Judd poster (as well as most of the posters after) while I was the Media Director of the UK Hockey team. It's very common place now, but when we released that poster it was a very big deal - I remember when it was featured on the Tonight Show, Entertainment Tonight, and SportsCenter because Ashley Judd was at the top of her popularity then.

We actually got some decent NHL swag from teams who asked for posters from us that year. The Islanders sent us an autographed Trevor Linden stick and the Lightning sent an autographed Darren Puppa bobblehead, no jerseys unfortunately.

Not in the bleachers. 10 bucks, and they have a bunch of $5 nights.

I thought the Yankees tickets were crazy expensive in new stadium?

Doh!, that's right. I knew there was someone on the board with a connection to those.

Man she was the "it" girl for while there but she looks good in my book.

My "jersey claim to fame" is doing the typesetting on the Ashley Judd poster (as well as most of the posters after) while I was the Media Director of the UK Hockey team. It's very common place now, but when we released that poster it was a very big deal - I remember when it was featured on the Tonight Show, Entertainment Tonight, and SportsCenter because Ashley Judd was at the top of her popularity then.

We actually got some decent NHL swag from teams who asked for posters from us that year. The Islanders sent us an autographed Trevor Linden stick and the Lightning sent an autographed Darren Puppa bobblehead, no jerseys unfortunately.

Hockey tickets are entirely too expensive. For what I'd pay for 11 Rangers games, I could go to 30-40 Yankees games.

Yes i would agree that Rangers tix are expensive but there is no comparision to most in the excitment of going to a Rangers game at the garden (and especially when there good).

Hockey tickets are entirely too expensive. For what I'd pay for 11 Rangers games, I could go to 30-40 Yankees games.

Think of it this way, the new Yankee Stadium can seat 52k, for twice as many games, whereas hockey has less than half the games and less than half the capacity to hit their operating budgets.

Not to mention, you are paying for 60 minutes of action, as opposed to 14 minutes (WSJ).

Unrelated, but are you Omegared718 on eBay? I think I saw your Gaborik Liberty jersey today....

Yes i would agree that Rangers tix are expensive but there is no comparision to most in the excitment of going to a Rangers game at the garden (and especially when there good).

Good story. Makes me rethink the hockey tickets a little, maybe next season. Maybe I won't buy an 11-pack, but maybe I'll join Blueshirts United and get discounts on single game tickets.

Think of it this way, the new Yankee Stadium can seat 52k, for twice as many games, whereas hockey has less than half the games and less than half the capacity to hit their operating budgets.

Not to mention, you are paying for 60 minutes of action, as opposed to 14 minutes (WSJ).

Unrelated, but are you Omegared718 on eBay? I think I saw your Gaborik Liberty jersey today....

yea that's me. I'm selling it. I can't stand it anymore. I have a few others I might part with but i havn't decided yet other than that and the black rangers one.

Good story. Makes me rethink the hockey tickets a little, maybe next season. Maybe I won't buy an 11-pack, but maybe I'll join Blueshirts United and get discounts on single game tickets.

going to 2-4 games a season is a good amount for someone who doesnt wanna spend tons of money.

Yeah you sent me pics of your Leetch on eBay before you ended the listing. If you decide you're getting rid of anything else, let me know before they go to eBay?

yea that's me. I'm selling it. I can't stand it anymore. I have a few others I might part with but i havn't decided yet other than that and the black rangers one.

Yeah you sent me pics of your Leetch on eBay before you ended the listing. If you decide you're getting rid of anything else, let me know before they go to eBay?

Wow what a small world....Yea that's not a problem. I sold the leetch because it became a little too big for my liking since i lost some weight and i had a kit done for leetch that i was gonna use for the black jersey. But overall im not crazy about the v neck and i still have a blank starter blue jersey so im going to use that instead since its the same lettering for either one and sell the black one. And since im one that likes to think outside the box (IE messier white liberty, gabby blue liberty) i was going to try to get a custom kit for the Red ranger one i have with king henrik (same rangers font with the color white over navy blue lettering to match the front and see what happens).