Jersey Watch 2011 from Icethetics

NYIJM29

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which team's Jersey Are You Looking Most Forward to?

• Atlanta
    • Dallas
    • Edmonton
    • Florida
    • Los Angeles
    • Nashville
    • Islanders
    • Ottawa
    • Pittsburgh
    • Tampa Bay
    • Toronto

Here is the breakdown, you can see the full article here: http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2011/1/16/nhl-jerseywatch-2011.html

Atlanta: Third (1)

Dallas: Third (1)

Edmonton: Away (1)

Florida: Home, Away (2)

Los Angeles: Home, Away, Third (3)

Nashville: Home, Away (2)

Islanders: Third (1)

Ottawa: Third (1)

Penguins: Third (1)

Tampa Bay: Home, Away (2)

Toronto: Third (1)

Home: (4) Florida, LA, Nashville, Tampa Bay

Away : (5) Edmonton, Florida, Los Angeles, Nashville, Tampa Bay

Third : (7) Atlanta, Dallas, Los Angeles, Islanders, Ottawa, Pittsburgh, Toronto

----------------------------------

16 New Jerseys, 11 teams:

4 teams to get new jersey set: Florida, Los Angeles, Nashville, Tampa Bay

Actually, Chris said that is not going to be the new away jersey. The Preds had a focus group that saw the new home and away jerseys and said that was not it.

Great article -- always good to see some change in the NHL.

The current Leafs third is a classic, but after more than a decade, it might be time to put that one to bed. I'll reserve judgment until the final product is revealed, but I like the direction they may be going with the 70s-era theme.

Good to see some teams are getting a much needed update...however am I the only one who is pretty unexcited about most of the NHL jerseys since going to the Edge design? So few of them look all that great, on the other hand there's a ton of minor league and jr. league jerseys that look fantastic in the Edge style.

I like the idea of the Leafs going back to the old 1970's style. They never should have ditched it in the first place. That's been my favorite Leafs jersey ever since they got rid of it....well, aside from the TBTC and Heritage ones obviously.

I'd like to see Toronto go back to the 30's era again.

Either that, or go back to one of the "St. Pats" jerseys. Those were pretty sweet. B) But TMLFAN is probably right, they'll go back to the late 70s/early 80s styles, which are neat too. It's a win/win for the Leafs IMO.

I'm interested to see what LA will do since the article states they are completely redesigning their jerseys. What color scheme will they decide on? It's a little obvious they might keep the current third purples as their thirds for next year.

I don't understand why the Isles are getting a new third. I like their home/away jerseys and I don't know what they would use other than the atrocious orange 6100 they had before EDGE. Unless they go back to the Fisherman style.

IMO Flyers shouldn't have a third jersey. From 1967 to 1997 they didn't have one and the purpose of the black alternate was to look like the orange, but have a black body instead of orange. Plus, orange is the Flyers' primary color. Their logo and jersey has not been significantly modified since 1967 and many call it a "classic" design, which IMO is true. I like them just having an orange and white jersey.

Though it looks the Penguins will likely use their 2010 WC jersey as their third for next season, I hope they go back to the drawing board. It would be nice to see them bring back a different retro uniform/jersey. Why not bring back the 1968-1972 style, but the white jersey? Or the early 90s Pigeon Penguin or diagonal "Pittsburgh" jersey. Those would sell like crazy.

I really wish the Penguins would completely redesign their jerseys. They're so boring, especially when the 6100's were so nice.

If they're just going to use new thirds though, I'd still prefer a completely new design. I was in favor of the powder blues becoming an alternate jersey, but I'm just not as fond of the 2011 WC jersey. I'd prefer it be a one time thing for the WC (especially since they lost the WC).

Just don't bring back the Pigeon logo!!!

I am hoping Ottawa's jerseys will look like this,

heritageclassic.png

I think the larger stripes and no blue will make it much easier on the eyes then the Montreal jersey.

I've been waiting for the Senators to go that route for years now. I wonder if they're kinda holding onto it in hopes of a future Heritage Classic against the Leafs or something like that.

I like the idea of the Leafs going back to the old 1970's style. They never should have ditched it in the first place.

They HAD to get rid of that style. They were so bad for so long and the Maple Loafs needed to get away from all that was Harold Ballard, including the "Ballard era jerseys" that represented All That Was Wrong With the Leafs at the time.

Not saying they couldn't now bring them back, but when it was done, it needed to be done.