The Official IceJerseys MLB thread

JohnnyOnTheSpot

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I read they will continue to use Majestic's facilities. However, if they even end up making actual authentics is another question (they could just use this facility for the on field stuff).

I read that Fanatics will make the replicas (NHL/NBA scenario). So hopefully Nike doesn't go the Adidas route and produce garbage that is advertised as authentic. Currently with the NBA they make the Swingman (similar to the Adi-Indo) and then authentics in limited production runs.

Also NBA authentics are imported products. Doesn't say where from:

https://www.nbastore.ca/Golden_State_Warriors_Gear/Mens_Nike_Royal_Golden_State_Warriors_–_Custom_Authentic_Jersey_–_Icon_Edition

I don't know enough about NBA jerseys to comment on whether those are the same as on court or just an advertising ploy.

Hmm...to buy or not to buy another  Flex Base jersey or wait to see what happens...

i wouldn't be surprised if authentics start going away. Major athletic retailers here in Chicago area have since stopped carrying them in stores from my experience with the exception of some across from the ballpark. The replicas look like garbage.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

What team are you looking for in flex base?

My hope is that once the league switches over theres a mass clear out on all Majestics. I have however noticed, as you alluded, I don't see as many flex bases available as i used to with the double knits/cool bases. Flexbases don't pop up much on eBay outside of like PTF Sports or outlawsports.

8 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

What team are you looking for in flex base?

My hope is that once the league switches over theres a mass clear out on all Majestics. I have however noticed, as you alluded, I don't see as many flex bases available as i used to with the double knits/cool bases. Flexbases don't pop up much on eBay outside of like PTF Sports or outlawsports.

Not sure I'm looking just yet, but I only buy Cubs these days. MLB still has a ton online I think, which is fine, but I think it shows the public interest when they aren't physically represented in stores. I haven't seen Cubs authentics in most big box stores since the holidays following the WS win.

PTF Sports has some Cubs flexbases for sale. Not sure if you're in the US or not (cause he'll only ship to the US).

15 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Yeah I was looking at a few of those but found a better option from a member here actually. 

Id consider them for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone successfully applied one of those collectible Emblem Source plastic patches to a jersey, and if so, who did you have apply it and how did it turn out?

i realize they say the patches aren't meant for apparel, but figured it might still be possible.

I haven’t, but various customizers have for me. There’s a set of instructions on moving the plastic backing (on mobile right now, otherwise I would link). Then you sew on.  

Literally anyone can do it, Keener, EPS, etc. 

3 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

I haven’t, but various customizers have for me. There’s a set of instructions on moving the plastic backing (on mobile right now, otherwise I would link). Then you sew on.  

Literally anyone can do it, Keener, EPS, etc. 

The backing is easy to get off. Once that happens, it goes down like any other patch. I've done them for years.

The hard stuff is these goddam new rubber-ish patches they use now. I can't get a needle through that garbage and I don't know what else to do.

16 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

The backing is easy to get off. Once that happens, it goes down like any other patch. I've done them for years.

The hard stuff is these goddam new rubber-ish patches they use now. I can't get a needle through that garbage and I don't know what else to do.

Those are the ones I'm inquiring about. Would a customizer have the right kind of tools for that? Just wondering if anyone else has had it done.

2 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Keener did a players weekend patch for me which is that rubber garbage. Might be the only option. 

Yeah? I'm assuming quality as always with them.

i just grabbed the patch off eBay. Not sure how it's attached to its backing. Doesn't look like it has holes already. Did keener use a clear looking thread, almost like a fine fishing line?

I can check tomorrow, but I think its the latter. I’ll post a close up. 

I assume it is kind of weird. I know with the players weekend there was no adhesive. Not sure about others. 

10 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

I can check tomorrow, but I think its the latter. I’ll post a close up. 

I assume it is kind of weird. I know with the players weekend there was no adhesive. Not sure about others. 

I vaguely remember someone saying the commemorative patches have a rigid plastic backing, like something to help it stand up or display right. Don't know. I'll find out. Took advantage of the eBay $5 coupon and free shipping and paid nothing for the patch. 

Some new game-worn MLB stuff.

First, a 1936 Philadelphia A's throwback from the 2012 season when Oakland visited Fenway for the 100th anniversary season:

2v2ELEecFx2YANR.jpg
2v2ELEewdx2YANR.jpg

Next, a Lou Piniella Devil Rays jersey from 2003 (judging by the tagging):

2v2ECCiH5x2YANR.jpg
2v2ECCierx2YANR.jpg

And finally a 2010 Nationals Tyler Clippard 1920 throwback to the old Senators days:

2v2ECFDW5x2YANR.jpg
2v2ECFDGNx2YANR.jpg

It's crazy how the simple designs really stand out 
Not that current MLB jerseys are super busy but in comparison I really dig the plain / simple stuff 

I f***ing love that f***ing Lou Piniella jersey. What a f***ing entertaining manager to f***ing watch.

Cool design on the Senators jersey, but I also can't be on board with anything Nationals. LETS GO EXPOS!!! 

Thoughts on putting replica patches on authentics?

i compared a recently purchased patch to one that came on the authentic jerseys and while the difference is nearly unnoticeable, I can personally tell when comparing. Specifically, the height of the embossed letters seems ever so slightly lower than what came on the jerseys.

would you guys have it added? I know some people do repros for hockey jerseys.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

If you can't find an authentic patch, but want the patch on your jersey, and the replica patch is pretty close, then do it.

I don't sweat a 100% authentic patch as much as most.

If it's not a game worn jersey, everything you do to it is just replicating what a game worn looks like

I try to find as close as I can get and go with it.