The Official IceJerseys MLB thread

JohnnyOnTheSpot

16 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Sure but it is what it is. You can't get a 90s 2016 World Series jersey.

Do you ever get your blanks customized?

Very true. I will admit I wanted one, but couldn't get myself to actually buy a jersey.

All of my blanks are customized. Believe EPS and Brilliant did them all

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Very true. I will admit I wanted one, but couldn't get myself to actually buy a jersey.

All of my blanks are customized. Believe EPS and Brilliant did them all

I couldn't not buy one. I desperately needed to update my Cubs gear as I had a few old shirts that wear dying and a World Series win seemed like just the right time to splurge on another authentic. Ill eventually source and older blank.

I still don't appreciate the flex base diaper look, but I actually notice a difference between the weight of the home jersey vs the alt that I own. Maybe it's just perceived but the alt blue I have seems lighter than the home, and the home jersey's fabric also looks smoother. I wish they'd extend the stripes all the way down but it only matters from a fan perspective.

The FlexBase ones are strange. They remind me a little bit of the old Wilson jerseys from the 1970's and 1980's in they have the different material sewn inside the collar and placket. But the weirdest thing for me is the rounding off of the front shirt tails.

On 9/12/2018 at 6:05 PM, Brilliant! said:

I do but not through Majestic. I have Keener do them. He hasn't let me down yet with anything I throw at him. Be it NHL, IIHF, MLB or even MLS v 1.0. The newer stuff is kiss-cut on a lot of uniforms too so it's important to know what you need.

Does he have the stuff for nameplates (mainly mid 2000s)?

Also how much has he quoted you on baseball stuff in general? I was quoted $90 on a players' weekend which is single layer name and number which seemed high since he quoted triple layer hockey stuff at that same price.

I don't remember what I've paid for baseball stuff. But he doesn't have nameplate material. I always have to source my own. Usually it's just cheap eBay pickups that get cut up.

I have a bunch of grey ones that need doing up. However, I always make sure EPS matches them first since there's like 8 different shades of Majestic grey.

2 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

Are they all different shades? Because I have close to about half a bolt of old grey double-knit stashed away here somewhere.

Dude, you know there's 50 shades of grey.

http://instantrimshot.com/index.php?sound=rimshot

13 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

Are they all different shades? Because I have close to about half a bolt of old grey double-knit stashed away here somewhere.

No idea. But what Josh has always told me is that Majestic has a lot of inconsistencies with its grey jerseys. So even if you have two Red Sox jerseys that had nameplates (2005 to 2008 for Majestic), they could be two completely different shades and not match. So I've always just sent them straight to him to match. I think there's like 8 different overall. Bill Hendersen talks about it in Jersey Guide too.

I also need some white cool base for a Rays Home. But that's harder to come by since most teams had stopped using nameplates once cool base was in full swing (I know EPS has this as well).

Grab a cheap jersey on eBay for the CoolBase one. You can get some of those for like $25 sometimes. Try this guy:

https://www.ebay.com/str/ptfsports?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

He's 100% legit and sells great stuff. You might be able to snake something for cheap and then you have plates forever!

Doesn’t ship to Canada. The only guy from the US that I can reasonably buy baseball stuff from without inflated imported charges is OutlawSportsCompany. But it appears he’s mostly out of the baseball game. 

It’s fine, I’ll just wait for the next EPS Spring Sale. That way I can cover somewhat of the exchange difference lol. 

so fuc***g anoyning that fanatics and Majestic always ship their $250+ jerseys in plastic bags.... to no one's surprise numbers always end up wrinkled. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151706071@N04/44756126632/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/

is it really so much trouble  to use a cardboard box?  ?

Just iron it. A wrinkly number is not the end of the world. Majestic probably sells and packages hundreds of jerseys each day. I'm sure they don't have the time to properly fold and box each one up.

• 1 month later...

I love the old fashion look of nameplates on baseball jersey. It's a shame only two teams still use them aside from throwbacks (Indians didn't wear them with their sans Chief Wahoo jerseys in September, so we could be down to just the Rays).

No way, keep em coming. I'm going to have a buttload of MLB stuff in the coming weeks too so let's get to it.

I love the old Rawlings jerseys. I've tried to get as many of them as I could in the last five years or so but they're hard to find in the non-weenie sizes. Usually, it's 40 and 44. That aint cutting it for me. I also love the A's unis. They've had nothing but classy stuff from Philadelphia to Kansas City to Oakland. ESPECIALLY the kelly green ones. Those are so sharp.

The throwback kelly greens Oakland wear now are gorgeous. 

cc889ec7-b59d-477f-abc4-93acb2577a81.jpe

Edited by Phil the Thrill

I have a gold one. It's done up as Brett Anderson (in my defence he was highly touted at the time and pickings were slim).

They wore these as throwbacks before. Not sure what era they were though.

16-oakland-uniforms-3.png

The old 70's gold one is my favorite. Especially the hat. I LOVE that kelly green hat with the gold brim. It just screams Charlie O. Finley. In fact, Mickey's Place has that exact one available for 25% off if you buy it by tonight.

https://www.mickeysplace.com/product/oakland-a-s-1970-1980-hat/

This place has such amazing retro hats. I already bought the black NY Giants and green 19337 Brooklyn Dodgers ones. Should I get the old AL umpire hat just like Al from Angels in the Outfield??

Dang, I could wear any of those A's. Love those colors.

If we're talking retro stuff, I have to plug my favorite, Ebbets Field Flannels. Their caps are amazing quality, with a little less structure and a lower crown than a 5950. I've started to get into their jerseys via eBay. Here's a recent one.

20180831_11152020180831_111502

I know what you mean about the awkward feel of New Era's fitted hats. They never seem to fit my head properly. Not to mention that all fitted sizes don't fit my stupid head right. But they do make some of the nicest stuff around.

Speaking of, I ended up buying the 1937 Dodgers hat and then the 1999 Astros one too. That logo has been a favorite of mine since they came out with it.

products-DSC_0290.jpg