Senators Fans - Need advice on Authentic CCM Ultrafil Jersey

bill737

Need opinions here:

I have an 1993-era Authentic CCM Center Ice Ultrafil Ottawa Senators Jersey (Black). The funny part is that it's an Autographed Alexander Daigle jersey. lol

When I was a kid, I would collect these jerseys and usually get the top draft picks name and number. Well, now that I am older and only care to support my hometown team, I am getting rid of the other jerseys.

My question to Senators fans is - do I simply put this jersey up for auction as-is, or do I try to remove the nameplate and numbers? I've read up on how to strip a jersey, but I'd hate to damage this one since it's so nice and basically in 'like new' condition. I figure there may be a Senators fan out there with experience stripping jerseys who would be happy to find a Ultrafil like this - since I do know how hard they are to find in good shape.

I would appreciate any insight!

What are you selling it for? What jersey is it? Post a pick?

I'll get some pictures up right now - hang on. As far as the price - I'm not sure, but I do pay attention to what they sell for these days on ebay, and I do remember what they cost back when you could buy them retail. I'll have to think about how I want to handle selling it.

Ok, here is a Flickr link with 4 photos. I am a new member to this board, so it looks like the number of posts I can make is limited, so I may be locked out of communicating after 1 or 2 more posts. If you have instant messenger or something, you can ask more questions there if you are in a hurry - just PM me the screen name.

Here is the link: Senators Jersey Photos

Edited by bill737

I'd say sell it as is. That way you give the purchaser the option. Should they wish to strip it, no problem. And if they appreciate a nice piece of NHL 'The Next One' memorabilia they can keep it as the Daigle.

I would leave it as is, the Senators wore that jersey from 1993-95 before adding white to the jersey. Unfortunately there isn't a lot of big name players that wore that jersey, there were Yashin, Demitra, Bonk, Straka and of course Daigle.