Authentic 2002 Canada Jersey??

Antz_Marchin

Hey guys, just stumbled on this forum and it's great. Just wondering if there happens to be any of these kicking around? Guessing they are Nike swifts like the 2010 ones? I have a white replica and would like the same in authentic but would go for any Canadian style from the Salt Lake Olympics. Any help or even info / pictures of what the authentic looks like would be awesome.

Thanks

Hey guys, just stumbled on this forum and it's great. Just wondering if there happens to be any of these kicking around? Guessing they are Nike swifts like the 2010 ones? I have a white replica and would like the same in authentic but would go for any Canadian style from the Salt Lake Olympics. Any help or even info / pictures of what the authentic looks like would be awesome.

Thanks

Click to enlarge.....

The 2002 Nike authentics are air-knit, and not the garbage that Nike puts out now that they call the "Swift". Those things feel like china fakes.

th_IMG_0017.jpg th_IMG_0018.jpg

One more question about these. I've seen supposed authentic versions both with and without IIHF patches (both on this forum and online other places). Which one is the true authentic one? Were there authentics without the patch? (I've seen one which is apparently a gamer).

• 3 weeks later...

I've bought the U.S., Canada and Russia ones without the IIHF patch and they were totally legit. I don't know why some came without the patch but some did. A bunch of the ones I've gotten from River City Sports are the ones that came without it actually.

I've bought the U.S., Canada and Russia ones without the IIHF patch and they were totally legit. I don't know why some came without the patch but some did. A bunch of the ones I've gotten from River City Sports are the ones that came without it actually.

Same with me.

MY 02 reg heritage Lemieux don't have one yet my blank red skater does. my white one no also.

The "Olympic" jerseys have not had the IIHF patches over the past few tornaments. The World Championship jerseys always have them. I think 2002 was the last olympic tournment that had the patches.

The "Olympic" jerseys have not had the IIHF patches over the past few tornaments. The World Championship jerseys always have them. I think 2002 was the last olympic tournment that had the patches.

I believe that is correct. They did not have them in 2006 with the new Nike Swift jerseys and in 2010 some teams had the vertical Vancouver Olympics patch, but not all teams did, and of course Canada just had to be different from everybody else with their Maple Leaf patch thingy.

I've had a few Vancouver 2010 jerseys made up and was bummed that not all of them, I'm looking at YOU the United States, used the patch, which would have looked really nice and identified the jerseys as being from the Olympics and not just any old event. Shame on you non-patched countries! Shame on you! Grrrrrrrrrr........