Hawks "barber pole" help needed

schulzmc

First - I'm new around here although I've been reading the Third String Goalie blog for about a year (how I found this forum). I have a collection of about 15 Cubs jerseys (major and minor league teams), 5 Blackhawks jerseys, and a Kane USA Olympic jersey.

What I would really love to find is an authentic 91-92 season "barber pole" alternate Hawks jersey. Where should I look, and what key things should look for so I know that it is a true authentic?

Thanks for the help!

I think pretty much all the ones on ebay are reproductions. You can tell by the vintage 'V' on the tagging of the collar and the 'CCM' stitched into the hem is usually one patch of letters together, not individually stitched letters. Also, I believe the reproductions are all made out of Air-Knit. The originals were ultrafil (much thicker, nicer material).

Here's mine that I bought when they were released.

IMG_1241-vi.jpg

IMG_3766-vi.jpg

IMG_6142_1-vi.jpg

Thanks so much for the help! Those pics will be VERY helpful as I continue my search. I'll keep watching ebay and craigslist (and the Trading Post here, of course).

I was living and going to school in St. Louis during the season these were released. And of course - collecting Hawks jerseys was just an addiction waiting to happen at the time! :)

Anyone else have a possible source I should check out?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1f#ht_912wt_689

This is the one I found. Since I don't have as much of a knowledge of BH's sweaters I put it up in the "good or not" tread to verify its authenticity.

I believe that it is the reproduction type that mdwsta4 is talking about.

By authentic do you mean "not from china" or "on-ice" ?

Good Luck

Good luck with your search. I've been looking for an Ultrafil of this jersey for years, but no one ever sells them in sizes bigger than a 52. Most on eBay are 48s or smaller so I finally found an air-knit authentic and went with it. Had it lettered up with Belfour and the 75th patch and it's still pretty slick. Got a lot of compliments on it at the UC too!

BTW, as far as I know (or have seen at the UC), there are no "fakes" of this jersey... yet.

Good luck with your search. I've been looking for an Ultrafil of this jersey for years, but no one ever sells them in sizes bigger than a 52. Most on eBay are 48s or smaller so I finally found an air-knit authentic and went with it. Had it lettered up with Belfour and the 75th patch and it's still pretty slick. Got a lot of compliments on it at the UC too!

Thanks. I want to wear mine (size 56) so I'd gladly jump on an air-knit authentic blank and get it lettered. Where'd you find yours?

I've been after a 48 for a long time too, they usually go for a pretty high price and I haven't seen a legit one for sale in awhile.

Thanks. I want to wear mine (size 56) so I'd gladly jump on an air-knit authentic blank and get it lettered. Where'd you find yours?

That was also a bit of a chore. I found my 56 at Frozenpond.com about two years ago. These were like the second round of the CCM Vintage remakes. I think they came out around 2003. If I see any more, I'll definitely let you know.

I'd be willing to part with my 48, but the price would have to be right. I never wear it anymore as I prefer the arm length of 52 so usually just let the girlfriend wear it to games, but mostly it sits in the closet. The fact that I've had it for 20 years and its so rare makes me keep it. But if someone finds a white 52 ultrafil Hawks I'll trade you straight up!

• 4 months later...

I'd be willing to part with my 48, but the price would have to be right. I never wear it anymore as I prefer the arm length of 52 so usually just let the girlfriend wear it to games, but mostly it sits in the closet. The fact that I've had it for 20 years and its so rare makes me keep it. But if someone finds a white 52 ultrafil Hawks I'll trade you straight up!

Hello, I am new to the forum. Are you still entertaining offers for your TBTC Barberpole in size 48? If so please send me a PM.