Buffalo Sabres 2008 Winter Classic jerseys

JeffB

Were the Buffalo Sabres white throwbacks, with the lace up collar, made for retail, authentic or replica? I seem to recall the first Winter Classic throwbacks not being made for retail. Am I remembering that correctly?

WIth the Penguins, there was the CCM 550 Vintage ones to fall back on, which came with blue laces in the neck, as well as their subsequent use as the Penguins third jersey, but I don't remember ever being able to get a white Sabres with the lace up collar and thought you guys might recall.

That jersey was never made available as an EDGE retail, only 550 replicas without the lace-up collar.

The Bruins jersey from last year has also never been made available as an EDGE retail.

That jersey was never made available as an EDGE retail, only 550 replicas without the lace-up collar.

The Bruins jersey from last year has also never been made available as an EDGE retail.

That's correct. The Sabres jerseys from '08 were made for retail, but only as CCM 550 replicas as Fire Boudreau stated. I remember SportsK had them for a while and then sold out of them, only to never get any more in stock. But yes, to answer your question Jeff, the Sabres white jerseys from the '08 WC were made for retail only as replicas, and NOT EDGE authentic jerseys.

bufw-hecht.jpg?pictureId=4336830

The Buffalo WC jersey has to be one of the best recent jerseys that didn't go retail. I would have bought one of these in an instant. Maybe one day Reebok will do a limited run of the WC jerseys that never got the EDGE authentic treatment.

I've been and still am trying to get this jersey made. I've ponied up to hit minimums to be made on my own, but still haven't been green lighted by Reebok. I will keep you posted WHEN I do get this one made.

I will only be able to do replica (sorry, authentics cost way too much) so if I can get an idea on sizes, that'd be very helpful :thumbsup:

I'd imagine it'd be similar to what we charge on the current jerseys, maybe $5-10 more, since I don't know what my cost is going to be.

Oh and as a tease, I got a stock list today and saw 7287 Edmonton and Philly...yep 2.0s and pretty sure I can't order them :angry:

Edited by sf3383