Can This Be Turned into a Rangers uniform?

1KR3W

I bought this at a Value Village. It's a full on blank for only $10. Are there places in Toronto or close to it where I can have it turned into a legit Rangers jersey? Some place that has the ability to make/sew on the "RANGERS" logo onto the front?? Someone please let me know. Thanks!

post-1664-129299960876_thumb.jpg

Technically yes but they didn't wear that striping pattern or that dark a blue with air-knit. You could mimic a CCM Vintage jersey though from one of the retirement nights. That'd be pretty wild I think.

To answer the original poster's question, if you aren't into being 100% accurate on your jerseys (like some of use are), that is the striping design the Rangers wore from the mid-70's to the mid-90's. As Mike said, though, it's not the correct material (air-knit instead of mesh).

Now to derail the thread into Rangers jersey fandom, Mike - did they ever wear vintage blue jerseys on the retirement nights? My Staal warm-up from Graves night is a white CCM Vintage, but the Staal warm-up from Leetch night from someone else's collection is a RBK 6100.

I looked back at pictures from the Messier retirement, and the blues worn during the ceremony were RBK 6100s, and the whites were something I haven't seen before. They didn't appear to be mesh, but definitely weren't CCM Vintage airknits or RBK 6100s. The striping wasn't sublimated, it was different layers (like the old Starters) but the collar was solid red, like the RBK/CCM airknits but wasn't laced.

The main reason I'm curious about this is because I've never seen a blue vintage CCM authentic, and the CCM vintage replicas for the Rangers have mostly been wrong in one way or another (not just material). Some early ones had the correct spaced striping, but a lace-up neck. Others have the correct neck, but the modern striping with no spacing. Just recently (within the last few months) have I seen correct vintage Rangers blue replicas, but still never a CCM vintage authentic blue.

I've never seen it either. I know for Graves' night, they wore the white Vintage ones but other than that, I've never seen blue versions with the proper CCM-style striping and that awesome deep royal blue. I've only ever seen, like you said, the newer 6100's with the current striping and colors. It's an interesting project though because that's still a nice looking air-knit jersey.

I'm not really looking for accuracy on material or brand. I'm not a big collector, I just want to get it turned into Messier or Leetch from when they won the 1994 Cup. There's no fight strap. It's just refelction off the floor from the flash. I just want to know if it's possible to have it turned into a Rangers uniform.