SP jerseys

rob77ta

Hello,

Can anyone out there help. I recently saw an AHL SP jersey that I was interested in. Does anyone have one? What is the quality like? Looks similar to Nike airknit right? How do I identify that it is a pro jersey? I think it says Pro on the tag in the neck. Is it legit? Did the AHL teams wear SP jerseys? Thanks

AHL teams wore SP jerseys from 2000 to 2005. In 2005, Reebok took over production. SP manufactured the Bauer brand jerseys. In 1993, Bauer took over production of the IHL, and soon after the AHL, and that lasted until 2000. In 2000, both the AHL and IHL(it's final season) switched to the SP name. But they were the same jerseys, made in the same plant in Quebec. They also made the Nike brand jerseys. BTW, SP is making the current Connecticut Whale jerseys, as Reebok was unable to make them in time, so they sublet production to SP.

http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey/hartford-whalers/

If the jersey tag says PRO, then it is indeed an authentic. The build quality is great, but I just never really cared for that material. Just my preference. But they are well worth getting if the opportunity is right.

I love SP jerseys. They made a lot of IIHF jerseys in the late 1990's until the mid 2000's too. Even the replicas were a great quality. Definitely worth the money.

The SP authentic material in the jerseys I've had is very similar to the Nike Air Knits. I've seen a few older authentics that are similar to ultrafil and really nice. I did just get my first SP replica and was not that impressed with it, the material is very thin and the cresting is very confusing in the fact that they put the effort to do the team letters in three layer reverse kiss all stitched but then they only heat pressed it to the jersey.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Nike actually owned SP or it's just a subsidiary of Nike's hockey prodution. That's why the material was so similiar if not identical. It is really nice though. I love it. They even used ultrafil for some teams too. I have a Trenton Titans SP ultrafil that is one of the nicest jerseys I own. Great weight and heavy-duty.

Nike/SP jerseys are my favorite in terms of material, design and quality..

I like the Nike authentics so I'm taking a shot. Will post pictures when it arrives.

Thanks for the help everyone!