DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

Yep. I've bid on 2 previously and they usually go over $150-160 in the last 2-3 minutes.

Who knows...maybe he's shill bidding and it's just the same unsold jersey over and over.

Just to be clear...I have no evidence and am not making an accusation...just thinking out loud.

Edited by GPQuinn

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, some you think everyone shill bids. I honestly don't know how if you think everyone on eBay is a liar and a cheat, you guys can even feel save using eBay.

As for the seller, minor_league_hockey, I've bought from him multiple times over the years. He's legit. But maybe I'm in on it. He paid me off to say that. tinfoil-hat.gif.pagespeed.ce.4sUfFf9KTK.

Btw, the last Rangers Starter Liberty 48-R he sold went for $117. I've gotten two 52-Rs off him over the years and paid about the same.

I'm not saying he is. I only have experience in 2 auctions that I lost. At the time I figured I was just beaten by deeper pockets.

My initial post was tongue in cheek. When I realized it didn't come across that way I edited it but probably made it worse.

I recently was trying to buy a specific item, and there was really one seller who had it, but he had multiple of them. I kept trying to win them, being outbid at the last moment on at least five of them before being successful.

If one were to look at the previous five, and saw me pushing up the bids only to be outbid, one might think there was shill bidding going on. Especially on this board.

Its not as prevalent as people make it out to be. Not to say it doesn't happen.

Minor league hockey is legit so including him in the shill bidding accusation is unfair. There are some people who def shill bid (J4TW comes to mind and yes he does it) but it doesn't happen as often as people believe.

I don't know about you losers here, but I've never lost an auction on ebay. I have only been outbidded by shill bidders that bid twice as much as I did.

So, I'm going to chime in on this as I feel the need.

I've got several jerseys off him over the seller in question over the years. He's even accepted every single deal I've offered him to boot... I'm sure I have 4 or 5 comments on his ebay feedback right from me.

With the assorted cast of people I see who are watching his auctions just on this site alone it should be no surprise that they fetch top dollar.

YET his shipping prices have stopped me from any recent bids..

I will echo my support for minor_league_hockey. He is a standup member who I've dealt with MANY times over the years. I've gotten some steals from him and then I've paid a little more than I wanted to as well. That's the way eBay is sometimes. Not everybody is a crook.

Just in case I didn't make it clear, I am not accusing him of shill bidding. I made a tongue in cheek comment in bad taste and tried to correct it. I also stated that I don't think I lost prior auctions due to shill bidding.

I know that Internet makes it difficult to communicate the whole sarcasm/irony/humor thing, especially among a group of people that I don't know that well, but this is taking on a life of its own.

Just in case I didn't make it clear, I am not accusing him of shill bidding. I made a tongue in cheek comment in bad taste and tried to correct it. I also stated that I don't think I lost prior auctions due to shill bidding.

I know that Internet makes it difficult to communicate the whole sarcasm/irony/humor thing, especially among a group of people that I don't know that well, but this is taking on a life of its own.

Even though I haven't been commenting, I don't think anyone is necessarily directing anything at you.

I think its just that there is a phenomenon of people accusing of shill bidding that any mention of it sort of spirals off a conversation about it.

Exactly what dsl135 said - the whole random accusations of shill bidding thing isn't new, definitely didn't start with you GPQ. Don't worry about it, we are a sarcastic lot of ex-ebayers who are jealous of owners of green Jofa practice jerseys ... err, wait, that's a whole other issue. :P

• 2 weeks later...

green jofa guy owns us...he reported us to the FBI ebay harassment division. we are all under arrest.

Was that really why ebay called me during my final?

I got an voicemail from eBay stating "I am under arrest. Dead or alive, your coming with me"

• 2 weeks later...

Kings purple and gold 2.0's for $135 at RCS. Hurry before they are all gone. Lots of others for sale too.

Looks like only size 58 of each, but definitely a great deal.

Last checked, they have 48 of the Kings and 15 of the Ducks.

They have some others that are only $99 (and Winter Classic 2.0's for $150).

I grabbed a white Sharks 54 (only one they had) for $99... very nice!

Here's the link to the stuff that's on sale:

https://www.rivercitysports.com/US/direct_prod.cfm?startAt=1&style=N7287D&style2=N7187D&style3=N7287wc&like=1&perPage=48&exclstl=N7187DSS2009JPRO

Edited by dsl135

I grabbed one. Also got a Leafs WC for $150. Free shipping in orders over $99. The old versions of the Stars and the Sharks are also cheap. Canes white or red 2.0's for $70. Pens white 2.0 for $135.

Good deals here.

Edited by thebiggoalie