Starter Repilcas

nogoal99

I've heard both + and - about the starter replicas...can anyone just give me a quick run down? material...quality...

I really only own/like CCM sweaters...trying to broaden the horizon.

Thanks guys

96-97StarterTag.jpg

Starter authentics always appeared like shiny mesh that reminded me of basketball jerseys (haven never owned one myself). I have a replica and it's just like CCM or ProPlayer airknit. Real nice quality.

IMG_0847-vi.jpg

IMG_0844-vi.jpg

FWIW, I used to only like CCM ultrafil, then airknit by default. Recently I've picked up a Nike and Pro Player and they're both great too (for airknit). perhaps one of these days i'll jump on the reebok bandwagon, but I'll always prefer ultrafil.

VIVA LA STARTER MESH!

EDIT: (Had to beat aketon to it)

Unfortunately the greatness that is Starter mesh can only be found on authentics.

On Starter replicas, they were good even had stitched crests (not just glued). I'd say they are basically comparable to a CCM 550. On the replica front what you really want to find is a ProPlayer replica, those are the best hands down - stitched crests, double elbows, and a heavier weight than Starter or CCM 550 replicas.

I have a couple ProPlayer replicas I wear just for their thickness when it's cold.

Unfortunately the greatness that is Starter mesh can only be found on authentics.

On Starter replicas, they were good even had stitched crests (not just glued). I'd say they are basically comparable to a CCM 550. On the replica front what you really want to find is a ProPlayer replica, those are the best hands down - stitched crests, double elbows, and a heavier weight than Starter or CCM 550 replicas.

I have a couple ProPlayer replicas I wear just for their thickness when it's cold.

I have an old Capitals home starter replica when the white eagle jersey had Capitals written on the front. It was really nice, everything was stitched on and the jersey material had a little weight to it. Only that was off about it was the side patches and crest were a bit smaller than the CCM authentic and the blue was a little lighter. Other than that, Starter replica's really raised the bar for replica's back in the mid 90's. I still have that jersey in my collection and break it out for pond hockey.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...RK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

2806013011248080_1.jpg

So I grabbed this one. It seemed like ok price for NWT.

What also interested me is the time frame this had to be made in... as Starter had just barley gotten into the market at this point and in '96 the Sabres overhauled the look and went to the goat head.

So it showed up today...too big on me sadly... I had a feeling it might be... It's brand new with the tags on it still...anyone have medium sabres sweater they are trying to trade?