Have you ever had a "cursed' jersey?

JohnnyOnTheSpot

My jersey's officially cursed. Wore it to the game last night, and I was booing all the other fans (Bruins, last night), but it's all in good fun. I do it every game, and mostly they laugh. Last night I booed some kid and he took it really bad, ran up while I wasn't looking, and spiked my soda out of my hands. Guess where it went?

My jersey's officially cursed. Wore it to the game last night, and I was booing all the other fans (Bruins, last night), but it's all in good fun. I do it every game, and mostly they laugh. Last night I booed some kid and he took it really bad, ran up while I wasn't looking, and spiked my soda out of my hands. Guess where it went?

LMFAO

what did you do after he did that?

Change "kid" to "Santa Claus" and the story is still believable :D

Change "kid" to "Santa Claus" and the story is still believable :D

I wasn't even alive for that. That's like me thinking the Rangers aren't terrible because they won a Cup in 1994. :thumbsup:

And can you honestly tell me you just ignore other teams' fans? When I go to out of town games, I EXPECT a jeering.

Oh, and he wasn't a kid, he was just short. Like...5'1".

You should make him buy you a new jersey. That's ridiculous. Hell I've been jeered every away game I go to! I just jeer back and make fun of my own team (because they suck anyway :( )

Oh and I always get beer spilled on me whenever I go to a sporting events, I really just am a jinx.

I'll report how many beers I get accidentally spilled on me at the World Juniors. Going to 21 games in 10 days should be a lot :lol:

LMFAO

what did you do after he did that?

He ran, and I'm lazy so I yelled at him while insulting him, then I told the lady what happened and she gave me a refill and they sent security after him. I can't do much anyway, because if I get in legal trouble I'm kicked out of school. I thought it was kind of funny to be honest. It's Mountain Dew so it should wash out anyway.

But seriously, I don't know why he got so upset. The Bruins were winning anyway. I even started just talking to him at a point. He's probably still bitter about the playoffs haha. Oh well. This jersey's cursed. Now I find it amusing so I wonder what else will happen.

He ran, and I'm lazy so I yelled at him while insulting him, then I told the lady what happened and she gave me a refill and they sent security after him. I can't do much anyway, because if I get in legal trouble I'm kicked out of school. I thought it was kind of funny to be honest. It's Mountain Dew so it should wash out anyway.

But seriously, I don't know why he got so upset. The Bruins were winning anyway. I even started just talking to him at a point. He's probably still bitter about the playoffs haha. Oh well. This jersey's cursed. Now I find it amusing so I wonder what else will happen.

The soda didn't bead right off? I would contact reebok and complain.

Brilliant, I never get mad. I've never even been in a fight. I'm usually too busy making fun of the person who's mad. And I'll keep you in mind next time I go to a Devil's game, enemy of my enemy is my ally, right? And everyone can agree that the Devils deserve the most hate.

Rob, it mostly beaded right off, but it reached it's saturation point. I never have a problem with liquid on the Edge's unless it becomes over-bearing.

Oh, and I ran into bjd624 at the game, wearing a snazzy Zherdev jersey, and he said "hi" to everyone on here.

If someone 5'1" knocked something out of my hands like that he would've gotten a reflex elbow to the face.

That is absolutely unacceptable, and I am a very passive guy and take pride in making nice clean jeers at opposing fans, I even speak french when the frogs come to town.

If you walk into an opposing arena, you need to be prepared for it, I don't condone violence or fighting, but come one, sac up and take it and hope your team wins. I've been to the dirty jerz (real classy *NOTE HUGE SARCASM* fans) and MSG for the second to last game last year, and the fans were still giving me crap, but much nicer and cleaner about it, although they were much less knowledgeable about the playoff race. They were celebrating as if that victory got them in, and we all know how that turned out:

Boucher-dance.jpg

Not to derail things further away from the topic at hand - but as a Rangers fan I personally don't hold a grudge against the Flyers for the shootout in the last game of the season last year. The Flyers didn't force the Rangers to put Mr. "Lockerroom Cancer" Potatohead in the shootout with the playoffs on the line. The fact that the Flyers had an impressive run in the playoffs, shows they deserved to be there. I blame the Rangers themselves for not making the playoffs last year, not Philly.

Granted, I still utterly despise Philly, but that's deep rooted loathing that wasn't affected by a single game at the end of last season :thumbsup:

v8djiv.jpg

Not to derail things further away from the topic at hand - but as a Rangers fan I personally don't hold a grudge against the Flyers for the shootout in the last game of the season last year. The Flyers didn't force the Rangers to put Mr. "Lockerroom Cancer" Potatohead in the shootout with the playoffs on the line. The fact that the Flyers had an impressive run in the playoffs, shows they deserved to be there. I blame the Rangers themselves for not making the playoffs last year, not Philly.

Granted, I still utterly despise Philly, but that's deep rooted loathing that wasn't affected by a single game at the end of last season :thumbsup:

It's all good, my hatred of the other Atlantic division teams rises and falls depending on the situation, so right now, Penguins are top of the list, I backed off on my dislike of the Rangers since my STH buddy rooms with one of our friends who is a Rangers fan, and is a nice all around hockey fan. Not to mention, there is really no need to make fun of him for it, as he has to deal with the decisions of Glen Sather on a day to day basis. Flyers fans b**** about Briere's contract and some of Homer's moves, but all you need to do is look at the Drury and Gomez deals to know that we won that off season, as Briere is the only one who is coming close to his contract expectations.

I am also happy now that the Devils are slowly becoming irrelevant. So my hatred of them is more towards the garbage fan base and always a small bit towards Scott Stevens, I am sure any Devils' fans on here are nice, but the rest of the fan base, or whatever is left of it is filled with trashy NY wannabees.

Think all of my Raiders jerseys are cursed...

whatever jersey I wear they always lose....

ok, so my jersey's aren't cursed, it's called my team sucks, LOL

I do wear according to the game, Black jersey for home games, White on the road.

For the first time in 8 years I'm proud to say they won 3 games in a row!

And because I didn't wear my jersey!!!! They won when I had my Raiders hoodie on the first game, so for the next two games I continued wearing the hoodie and not a jersey, they won the next 2 as well!!!! However the Steelers ruined that streak last week and now Im back to wearing whatever jersey I want, cuz wont matter anyways.... lol

As for wearing in opponents arena... I always wear my jerseys dont care where I go.

I goto a few Oakland Raiders road games, never had a problem, just once in Buffalo

had some empty beer cans thrown my way in the parking lot.... it's all good.

In Toronto and Buffalo I would always wear my Nords jerseys when they came, or even still when Colorado visits.... Leaf fans never say a word, most the fans in ACC are too lame anyways, wearin suits with their 5 year old kids in the $300 seats... pfffft!

My next game will be at the Bell Centre in Montreal and for sure I will wear

my Nordiques jersey then!!!! Don't care who they play! I only been to Le Colisee for the home games and never made it to the old Montreal Forum, and never been to Bell Centre yet, so was always my goal to see a Nords/Habs game.... but I swore that if I ever goto a Habs game will still wear a Nords jersey anyways

:hook:

I wouldn't say it was cursed, but my friend got a Ryan Smyth jersey, a couple hours before he was traded to the Islanders. He ordered the a couple months before and it finally came in on that day.

Johnny i cant believe that...no one else around you did anything? i know violence is not the answer but i would think someone would have done something to the tiny man

Johnny i cant believe that...no one else around you did anything? i know violence is not the answer but i would think someone would have done something to the tiny man

It was the start of the 3rd, so no one was around. The concession lady apparently called security. Like I said though I didn't care I thought it was kind of funny...it was just so absurd.