Have you ever had a "cursed' jersey?

JohnnyOnTheSpot

I've come to the conclusion that my Flyers Giroux jersey is cursed.

From the day I purchased it, there were problems. I sent it to get customized, and the used the wrong font on the sleeves. Ok, no biggie...after hours of arguing and days of fighting with people, I just ordered a set from EPS that was fine, and had a local place put it on. They didn't do a perfect job, but it's ok. They also used a twill nameplate. Ok, that's fine. I sent it to EPS and they fixed it...didn't worry about this until the sleeves were fixed, with I went to EPS for everything. No biggie. Also, they sewed one of the number to the fight strap. It happens, right?

At some point, it somehow got ink stains on it. I have no idea how...but I mostly got rid of them. So after all this, I can FINALLY wear it proudly to a game, and I got a giant pull in it. It's out of commission for a while, and I mostly got it fixed. So up until this morning, I had a few glue spots near the sleeves, a pull in the front, and maybe a few minor spots.

Tonight, my sister surprises me with FRONT ROW tickets, right in the corner, for tonight's game. I proudly put on the Giroux jersey and head to school. It's a horrible downpour, but no biggie. I'm leaving my parking lot, and the ###### pole closes on my shoulder! It covered the 2 and the 8 in some unknown substance, and mucked up the area around. I got into school, spent 20 minutes cleaning it, and now I'm left with a messed up 2 and sorrow. I...I don't understand.

So...is my jersey cursed? Does anyone else have a similar tale?

Touche.

i think most would agree anyone wearing this jersey is cursed

http://www.canada-city.ca/images/maple-leafs-jersey.jpg

I didn't think I could feel much worse then I did after the game last night but here we are.

I would like to send a big thank you to MLSE for turning one of the most storied franchises in sports history into the laughing stock of the entire sports world.

I have, but for a completely different reason. I had a 2004 Moscow Dynamo Datsyuk jersey that I absolutely loved, but every time I wore that jersey the Wings lost. I'm not talking about 2-3 games, I wore that jersey a good dozen times. So I ended up selling it.

I have, but for a completely different reason. I had a 2004 Moscow Dynamo Datsyuk jersey that I absolutely loved, but every time I wore that jersey the Wings lost. I'm not talking about 2-3 games, I wore that jersey a good dozen times. So I ended up selling it.

I'm banned from wearing my Richards All Star jersey because I wore it when the lost to the Devils in the 1st round (only game), and the Bruins in the 2nd (games 1 and 3). I'm scared to test it again.

Brian Burke has set the leafs back 10 years with his signings and kessel trade if he had not signed komisarek , beauchemin and traded for pahneuf the leaf would look like this

young talent like gustafson ,Khadri, bozak, seguin, jordan knight, top 5 pick this year

they would have 17 million off the cap by not making those signing and trades

and thy would still have some servicable players in hagman 20 goal scorer, stagan 20 goal scorere, ian white solid and better then komy and beauchemin , collacovo great #4, steen 20 goal scorer

i will go on record and say Brian Burke destroyed the maple leafs not that he inherited a gret a team but his impatience and absolute inability to comprehend that winning takes time led to the further implosion of the leafs

Why does everyone hate Burke? Didn't he lead the Ducks to the Cup?

I've had a few jerseys that were pains in the rear. I had one sad jersey that I took in for customizing and they put the Penguins modern logo on way, way rotated. Not the point at the bottom, but with a side flat along the bottom. :rolleyes: It ruined the jersey when it was taken off. Bought a new blank after finally tracking one down, a 1994 NHL All-Star jersey, and brought the two of them back so they could strip the customizing on the ruined one and put it on the new one, which they did, only they spelled "LEMIEUX" as "LEMEIUX", so they had to transpose those letters.

I had another one where the numbers were put on with a noticeable rotation. I took it to a new place after stripping the numbers to have them put on straight this time, which they did, only while working on the rest of my order brought in at the same time, they LOST the jersey, which I never did get back. That one was doomed from the start.

Anytime you wear your jerseys you take the chance that something may happen. Since it has gone through some tough times I would wear it proudly. You will always have ones you would never wear to a game or out somewhere. To me there is no such thing as a cursed jersey. I also don't believe that you wearing a particular jersey plays a part in whether a team wins or loses. Wear the Giroux tonight and don't worry about it.

So if I want to try and spot you I should look front row on the 4 corners for a dirty, stained Giroux jersey?

And in terms of spillage, I tend to rock only my Premiere's or the Lindros that I got a pretty good deal on. I haven't worn an Edge there yet, and may never. Its just too easy to not have to worry about the Premieres, one of which was free anyway.

Bought a Brendan Shannahan replica at my second ever Rangers game (didn't start going to games until after the lockout for reasons I would not like to get into) and would wear it to every game. Haven't seen a winning Rangers game at the Garden since my first (in 2005). I sold it in the offseason to Crimson, so if the Rangers ever put a team on the ice that is worth me going to see in the few times I'm in the area, I may actually see a winner...

I would like to send a big thank you to MLSE for turning one of the most storied franchises in sports history into the laughing stock of the entire sports world.

Well, may be Rogers soon... with the 1.3 billion dollar offer to buy the Leafs.

As for that jersey, sorry for your luck, thats terrible....

Well, wear it to the game tonight, if they lose... then ya it's cursed! LOL

If they win... keep it!

Whoaaaaaa there, let's get something straight. Elimination or no elimination...playoff run or no playoff run...there are few things in this world I like more than seeing Philadelphia teams lose! I certainly don't need any EXTRA incentive for it.

Hahaha the jersey's not that bad, it's not noticeably terrible. But I'll be part of the 1% wearing a legitimate jersey, if that helps. I was going to wear my Phantoms Giroux, but I went against it because it's not the warmest, and the Edge beads water like it's nobody's business.

I'm not worried about the jersey being cursed for them, just for me. To further this, I wore it outside for lunch today and dirt blew on it, and mixed with the water from the rain to leave some more spots for me to clean up. This thing is just...ugh. I feel bad for it. I have no problems with any other jerseys, and I'm not a dirty guy. It's kind of become humorous at this point. I just hate the fact that it's a REALLY nice jersey. Maybe God is punishing me for putting the SCF patch on it hahahaha.

Oh, and Brilliant, if it makes you feel any better, you lost to Brian Boucher. Oh wait...he stinks. Lol. BUT, I hated the fact that a shootout determined the playoffs. I hate the SO.

Hahaha the jersey's not that bad, it's not noticeably terrible. But I'll be part of the 1% wearing a legitimate jersey, if that helps. I was going to wear my Phantoms Giroux, but I went against it because it's not the warmest, and the Edge beads water like it's nobody's business.

I'm not worried about the jersey being cursed for them, just for me. To further this, I wore it outside for lunch today and dirt blew on it, and mixed with the water from the rain to leave some more spots for me to clean up. This thing is just...ugh. I feel bad for it. I have no problems with any other jerseys, and I'm not a dirty guy. It's kind of become humorous at this point. I just hate the fact that it's a REALLY nice jersey. Maybe God is punishing me for putting the SCF patch on it hahahaha.

Oh, and Brilliant, if it makes you feel any better, you lost to Brian Boucher. Oh wait...he stinks. Lol. BUT, I hated the fact that a shootout determined the playoffs. I hate the SO.

Oh man...stay away from lightning strikes! I couldn't help but think of Pigpen from Charlie Brown as you told your story...johnny, maybe a clear poncho when you are wearing it? Unbelieveable man.

I've never had a cursed jersey, but I did once have a long sleeve polo shirt with magical powers we eventually dubbed "the approachable shirt". Nothing special just a navy blue with yellow stripes polo shirt.

Whenever I wore it, strangers would continually come up to me and strike up conversations or ask directions etc. It was truly uncanny. I'd be in a crowded bar or in the airport or wherever and people would seemingly feel compelled to talk to me. My friends and I started joking about it at first, but it really worked. Eventually he legend grew we'd run tests where I'd wear it under a sweatshirt and nothing would happen - take off the sweatshirt and BAM random people start coming up to me. We started asking people why they singled me out, and more than one person said it was the shirt they noticed and it made me seem "approachable" - hence the name.

Sadly the shirt eventually started to show a lot of wear and was retired, but to this day many still tell tales of the amazing approachable shirt.

Okay. I'll share. This is a very embarrassing story and involves a football jersey. Not really a curse, but I was 13 years old and the Jets made the playoffs. I was just getting into football and I said if the Jets make it into the playoffs, I would buy a Chad Pennington jersey. So I went to Modells bought my jersey and took it home. I noticed the faintest of stains/dirt on the chest so I figured I would just rub some water/soap on it and blow dry it, because it was a screen-printed replica jersey and I didn't want to put it in the washing machine. As I was blow drying it, I set it to hot and put it against the jersey. Have any of you seen a jersey melt/catch on fire? :unsure: . Needless to say, I had my dad bring it back to Modells saying we bought it with the giant flame-thrown hole in the chest (and it was sticking together) and they took it back and refunded our money. :thumbsup:

My Black RBK Edge Carter is badly cursed. Wore it 9 times during games, they lost all 9. Never again.

I have lucky underwear. Every time I wear a certain pair of Burberry boxers I become awesome or something. So now I wear them only in certain situations (airplanes, trips with friends, sporting events). They are good luck.

I have lucky underwear. Every time I wear a certain pair of Burberry boxers I become awesome or something. So now I wear them only in certain situations (airplanes, trips with friends, sporting events). They are good luck.

Wow, high class :lol: