Flyers Winter Classic nameplate material

JimmyGagner

Sorry of this is a repeat, I tried searching for the answer but couldn't find it.

What did the Flyers use on their Winter Classic jerseys for the nameplate material?

I have a couple airknit replicas but want to be close to accurate. Did they use jersey fabric or twill?

It was a black ultrafil material. I think they are using a black twill for 2010-11.

Hahaha @ Marshalls. Picked up 2 today, will be going to get some more sometime this week!

Do they have any XL's?

The Marshalls and TJ Maxx around me have been out of them for a few months.

They started coming back in all of the stores around my place so keep looking....If they hang around long enough maybe they will put them on Clearance for $15.00 again. Did anyone else notice that the local sporting goods stores still are selling last years jerseys at full retail? Where are the 2010-2011 jerseys?

I grabbed my WC at the Marshall's nogoal mentioned, they most certainly had XLs. (That was my photo I sent him) There were probably about 30 total there, and about 100 mitchell & ness and old time hockey t-shirts for the ten to twelve dollar range, long sleeve and short.

Everyone that lives in that area is pretty much white trash and couldn't care less about hockey. I'd say the chances of them slipping to the clearance rack are extremely high.

Great selection and great prices, especially if you're headed to the shore any time soon.

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but does anyone know where I can get a black ultrafil plate similar to the correct type for this jersey? The next step would be to drop it off at the Skate Zone so PE can letter it correctly, right? I made the mistake of getting a twill plate put on the WC jersey and I'm ready to correct it.

Any reason why people are saying anything other than twill? I have no reason to believe they didn't use twill for the plates, considering it's the only material Philly Express has used aside from felt.

Looks twill to me, since it seems to be pulling the jersey fabric. Obviously we need someone to come in here with a gamer and shut us up.

img9237757.jpg

Yea you guys might be on crack lol, definitely twill. Just watched Carcillo's fight in HD, the stiffness of the nameplate screams twill. Unless someone pops in with a gamer and says anything else, my money is on twill.

Rob also has his Pronger WC jersey.

Almost positive he describes it as ultrafil

I can't tell from the above unfortunately. We need confirmation + close ups and put this to bed for realz.