Ordering from Meigray

orangecrush8

Hey everyone,

Im looking to make a purchase from Meigray, the item costs $100

The catch is I live in Canada so their shipping is extremely high and it does not include the duty charges.

Just wondering if anyone from Canada has bought something from Meigray and if they have, could you shed some light as to what I should expect in the total fees.

They ship USPS which is an advantage over UPS or Fedex

Thanks!

You will pay tax on the declared amount of whatever you buy + $5

For $100 you will pay $13 (HST) + $5 (flat rate for Canada Post to do the paper work to bring the item across the border)

This is a serious question.

I don't pay any duty/customs/tax for stuff I buy from Canada and have shipped to me from the US.

I thought NAFTA was supposed to eliminate that stuff on the small purchases.

Why do Canadians get screwed??

This is a serious question.

I don't pay any duty/customs/tax for stuff I buy from Canada and have shipped to me from the US.

I thought NAFTA was supposed to eliminate that stuff on the small purchases.

Why do Canadians get screwed??

It all depends on the amount of the goods that your purchased and if they given as a gift. I think if the value is under $50 there is no duty, but you have to pay the taxes. For gifts, I think you are exempt from everything.

But NAFTA also says that anything made in North America, you shouldn't have to pay duty on, but iv heard of people getting screwed over still.

And I have heard some horror stories from people getting goods shipped to Canada from the US via UPS or Fedex and they end up paying some ridiculous fees for one reason or another. USPS is the way to go for us Canadians

It all depends on the amount of the goods that your purchased and if they given as a gift. I think if the value is under $50 there is no duty, but you have to pay the taxes. For gifts, I think you are exempt from everything.

But NAFTA also says that anything made in North America, you shouldn't have to pay duty on, but iv heard of people getting screwed over still.

And I have heard some horror stories from people getting goods shipped to Canada from the US via UPS or Fedex and they end up paying some ridiculous fees for one reason or another. USPS is the way to go for us Canadians

What you are paying is not duty, you are paying the tax on whatever the declared amount of what you purchase. On top of that Canada Post charges a flat rate of $5 to do the paper work to bring your item across the border UPS and Fedex can charge anywhere between $30 - $50 for this which is why we Canadians get screwed if this is how the item was shipped.

Whenever buying anything from the states have it shipped USPS and avoid UPS/Fedex because of the above stated reason.