Edge Authentic -- Size 46

carsoni4

guam - thanks once again for a good chuckle ... :lol:

dubinahanisov, I'd take his comment with a grain of salt ... oh and make your bed, sheesh, what if you mom sees those pics? :P

What's college for if not having a shamelessly messy house that, despite you and your housemates most sincere resolutions to "start keeping it neater" just continues to grow messier and messier until the end of the semester? Actually, our house isn't that bad but... yeah, beds not getting made unless people are coming over AND hanging out in my room.

What's college for if not having a shamelessly messy house that, despite you and your housemates most sincere resolutions to "start keeping it neater" just continues to grow messier and messier until the end of the semester? Actually, our house isn't that bad but... yeah, beds not getting made unless people are coming over AND hanging out in my room.

I was just kidding of course.

I'm 36 and don't make my bed unless I'm having a "sleepover" ... B)

Pfft don't make them change your lifestyle. I only clean up when my roomate just looks at me and goes "state of emergency declared" then I get the message...

Pfft don't make them change your lifestyle. I only clean up when my roomate just looks at me and goes "state of emergency declared" then I get the message...

I don't have a roommate, just housemates, and we rarely hang out in my room, so the bed stays unmade. I'll make it if my pops comes up for a visit on the weekend or to keep my girlfriend happy once in a while. My room is generally neat though... relative to my housemates. When you have four college hockey players and a couple of our buddies living under one roof it's hard to distinguish between what needs to go in the recycling in the morning and what's a "decoration". I'm pretty sure a stranger would walk into our living room and assume we were either sponsored by a beer distributor or a bunch of raging alcoholics. We're neither, but I think we've kept one bottle from every case we've bought this year and... there's a lot.

I've gotta say it does look a little weird with a namebar that big. If you've got a short name, perfect.

Random thought of mine that I will chime in this sizing thread. I've always had this weird notion that authentics sized under a 54 aren't REALLY authentic. I mean their gamers would never be smaller than that. So a 46..that's like a non authentic, authentic in my mind. You may now all call me crazy. :P

Do you also slap your jerseys around with a stick, and perhaps throw some blood on for good measure to get that "game used" look :P

I've thought about the size thing too, but in the end I like a jersey that's sized to fit me. You'll end up wearing it more that way. Most NHL players have at least 6 inches on me. A jersey that size would be a tent on me.

New to the pro jersey game - 6'0, 165.

I have an Edge 1.0 56 and a 58 (game-issued). The difference between those two is negligible. I really like the way those fit. I'm toying with the idea of getting a pro Winter Classic in a 54, just to see how it is, but 56 does me really nicely, and I don't anticipate making a drastic size change. Personally, I like the Edge cut because it does fit a little bit better to my form, especially with my longer arms. The sleeve is almost to my fingertips, but I really like that for some reason.

My only CCM airknit is 52. I don't know what the difference is between 52 and 54 in terms of fit, but I'd be open to wearing a 54.

Bottom line is I like my hockey jerseys big. I just feel like that's how they oughta be. I wear 44-46-48 in MLB authentics, (48 is comfortable, but 44 is good too), and my retail NFL authentic is 48 (which is too much).

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know of any resource to find out what size jerseys players have worn throughout the years? If someone was trying to get an exact copy of what a player used on the ice, how would you find out? I guess you could search listings for game worn jerseys, but that would only have a limited selection of players. Just curious.

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know of any resource to find out what size jerseys players have worn throughout the years? If someone was trying to get an exact copy of what a player used on the ice, how would you find out? I guess you could search listings for game worn jerseys, but that would only have a limited selection of players. Just curious.

For MeiGray program teams (about half the league at one point - much less now) there are population reports that list every gameworn jersey that team had for a given season.

There's a guy on Ebay who sells a lot of customized size 46 jerseys. Some fit ok and some don't, it all depends on the jersey. I know the Hurricanes 46 they had did not look good at all.

You mean this one,

2089546960104543675S425x425Q85.jpg

I picked this one up on ebay for a good price, and since the Canes are my team, i could live with it.

You mean this one,

2089546960104543675S425x425Q85.jpg

I picked this one up on ebay for a good price, and since the Canes are my team, i could live with it.

That's the one. The way the nameplate goes into the white trim would drive me bananas.

It bothered me at first too, but for the price i ended up getting it for, i decided to live with it for now. I needed it for the collection and the customization was just a bonus, even if it was a little off.

You have to be careful with long names and different colored sleeves. This is a size 50, so I can't imagine it would look good in a 46 (in fact, I think they may have squished the name a bit as is - Z definitely wears larger than a 52 and the name on his game jersey goes from sleeve to sleeve).

Jersey025.jpg

would this fit on a 46? :lol:

x2_28b18a5.jpg

sadly, he may not wear something much bigger than a 46 considering his size (being a hobbit that is)

would this fit on a 46? :lol:

x2_28b18a5.jpg

sadly, he may not wear something much bigger than a 46 considering his size (being a hobbit that is)

Well he is a midget so that may be a 46 lol