New Rangers Heritage Third Jersey available as Edge?

Calciomania

Will be the new Rangers third Jersey also be available as Edge Authentic?

until now i can see only the Premier version on NHL.com, also on IJ

They're selling authentics at the Garden; Callahan, Dubinsky, Avery, Lundqvist and Drury, I think. They have blanks too. The ones at the Garden come with "Established 1926" sewn into the inner collar, and the retired numbers on the inside of the bottom, back hem. Apparently if you buy your jersey elsewhere they don't have those details and also don't have the 85th anniversary patch on the shoulder. I don't mind the lack of the collar stitching and retired numbers, but I think not including the anniversary patch on the anniversary jersey is a bit silly. Still, there should be authentics available eventually.

I'm waiting to get a Callahan.

How much are the customized ones? Proper nameplates (edge material)? I want a Marc Staal in a 56, so any info would be great.

How much are the customized ones? Proper nameplates (edge material)? I want a Marc Staal in a 56, so any info would be great.

At the garden it's $385 for an authentic with a name. I'll probably buy the patch and buy the authentic from a different retailer when it becomes available and have them customize it and add the patch and save some money as well.

At the garden it's $385 for an authentic with a name. I'll probably buy the patch and buy the authentic from a different retailer when it becomes available and have them customize it and add the patch and save some money as well.

The names are done correctly though? Double stitched and edge material nameplate?

The names are done correctly though? Double stitched and edge material nameplate?

Yeah, everything is good BUT the 85th anniversary patch and the retired numbers inside the hem are heatsealed and not stitched.

Can you provide me with a phone number for the store in MSG? I called on Saturday and nobody there knew anything about the store and I can't find a number.

I guess this is a good place to ask this question. I actually picked up the "authentic" heritage jersey at MSG last weekend. I got a Callahan premade and yes it was $385. Now, I put authentic in quotes because in the past couple of days I got myself familiar with the differences between Edge 1.0 and Edge 2.0, and did some research on the jerseys, and I found that all the teams are using 2.0 now, which I confirmed in pictures on the Rangers website of the new jersey, which is indeed a 2.0 jersey.

My "authentic" jersey that I bought at the team store for the Rangers is an Edge 1.0. Why would this jersey be a 1.0? I understand Reebok is not producing Edge 2.0 for retail, but since this is a brand new jersey, why would they bother producing 2.0 versions for the players and 1.0 versions for retail? There would be no existing inventory from a few years ago of 1.0s to get rid of, so why not just all 2.0?

Next question would be, will this jersey be sold elsewhere as a 2.0 version?

Edited by gcufsd

The reason the 2.0's probably won't be available at retail is because the EDGE system was supposed to be a revolutionary design that would 'solve' problems for the players on the ice. When it just started to cause new ones, players complained and the material was switched back to the air-knit style. Since it's only for on-ice wear, there's no way Reebok would be releasing it to the general public since they'd basically be abandoning their entire re-design.

And for what it's worth, not all teams use the 2.0's exclusively. I know of at least one that still goes with the 1.0's and that's Edmonton.

The reason the 2.0's probably won't be available at retail is because the EDGE system was supposed to be a revolutionary design that would 'solve' problems for the players on the ice. When it just started to cause new ones, players complained and the material was switched back to the air-knit style. Since it's only for on-ice wear, there's no way Reebok would be releasing it to the general public since they'd basically be abandoning their entire re-design.

And for what it's worth, not all teams use the 2.0's exclusively. I know of at least one that still goes with the 1.0's and that's Edmonton.

So basically they produced 2 versions of the same jersey because they want the public to have their "revolutionary" materials on their jerseys? I understand why the old jerseys are still 1.0, but that's just silly to do with a brand new jersey isn't it?

Maybe they should stop selling them as "authentic" then, because in reality, they are NOT the jerseys worn by the players, hence not truly authentic.

So basically they produced 2 versions of the same jersey because they want the public to have their "revolutionary" materials on their jerseys? I understand why the old jerseys are still 1.0, but that's just silly to do with a brand new jersey isn't it?

Maybe they should stop selling them as "authentic" then, because in reality, they are NOT the jerseys worn by the players, hence not truly authentic.

To get technical, it's still authentic. Just to a different time period. I've had this discussion many times. Aside from the small fraction of hardcore jersey collectors, nobody cares enough to change the philosophy. Yes it's stupid, and yes it's annoying, but it's not going to change so you may as well get used to it. :wacko:

Yup; he's absolutely right. As long as it's still worn on the ice, it's still genuine. And honestly, how many people out there do you think really care? I'm not talking about the freaks like us who give a crap about their hockey jerseys. I mean the average schlub who just wants a jersey. He doesn't know what air-knit or ultrafil or x-trafil is. All he knows is that it looks cool. THAT'S who their market is aimed at. Not us. It's all about the casual fans. Yeah, it blows but there's nothing we can do about it.

To get technical, it's still authentic. Just to a different time period. I've had this discussion many times. Aside from the small fraction of hardcore jersey collectors, nobody cares enough to change the philosophy. Yes it's stupid, and yes it's annoying, but it's not going to change so you may as well get used to it. :wacko:

To get even more technical, how can a jersey be authentic to a time period in which it didn't even exist? You can argue that jerseys that were around back in 07 can be authentic in the 1.0 version since they were actually worn on the ice at one time, but this jersey is brand new, obviously it was never worn on ice as a 1.0, so my question remains, why would Reebok produce a different retail version of a brand new jersey?

Because, as far as the general public is concerned, the only version of this style that exists IS the 1.0. Only the players and collectors know about the 2.0 model and that's only because we choose to pay extra for them. I guarantee you that if Reebok had their way, the players would still we using 1.0's. The only reason they caved in and went back to air-knit is because of the number of players that complained. I'm sure they caught some pressure from the NHLPA to give them something they actually want to use.

• 2 weeks later...

does MSG Store has a possibility to order online??? i search this authentic shirt customized but can't find it. And on NHL.com i don't wanna order, because i heard many things that their customization is badly.

• 4 weeks later...

If you dont wanna spend 300+ for the authentic heritage jersey there are websites offering replica jerseys without the fight strap but with all letters and #s stitched on, not heat pressed. they have the 85th patch sewn and the retirted #s on the inside as well. great for the price. only diff is its the reebok premier, not reebok edge. so slightly diff material and no fight strap. the replica ones on shop.nhl and at the garden are crappy heat pressed pieces of junk and most dont even have the 85th anniversary patch. It looks like every website is currently sold out of the stitched replicas but more are expected to come in as the season moves on. the three i found are:

www.pro-jerseys.com (seems to be the best choice and professionally stitched)

www.sportsk.com (customized after order so 2-4 week wait time)

www.customthrowbackjerseys.com (no 85th patch)

Merry Christmas and good luck finding this jersey the way you want it. I am still waiting to order a Callahan from pro-jerseys because they are all out of stock at the moment. Unless icejerseys gets the stitched ones for $170 or less. lol

does MSG Store has a possibility to order online??? i search this authentic shirt customized but can't find it. And on NHL.com i don't wanna order, because i heard many things that their customization is badly.

yes nhl.com and shop.nhl are crap unless you buy the authentic one for $300+. You have to call msg during a ranger game and ask to be transferred to the store. they are only open during gametime. You can also try the Gerry Cosbys store outside the garden (1-212-563-6464). or the nhl store by reebok (1-212-221-6375). Either one should be able to send you what you are looking for. just make sure the name and numbers are STITCHED, not heat pressed. good luck. Go Rangers!

i just found a site hat appears to carry some players in authentic heritage jerseys and they say theyre stitched. It is www.bonanza.com. Might be too good to be true but its worth a shot.

i just found a site hat appears to carry some players in authentic heritage jerseys and they say theyre stitched. It is www.bonanza.com. Might be too good to be true but its worth a shot.

They are fakes. That bonanza site is a marketplace for other sellers and all the Rangers jerseys I saw on there (especially those by seller crcjerseys) were all counterfeits.

Any site selling fully customized authentic NHL jerseys with fight straps for much less than the wholesale price of a blank Edge authentic jersey ($150+) should immediately throw up red flags. Especially when it's a new style that just came out.

As for replicas - as was said earlier in this thread - if you buy a replica to be customized, go with someone who will do it correctly (IceJerseys, Pro-Jerseys, EPS etc.)