Philly Express Customization

orangecrush8

So I just got my 2010 road authentic Flyers jersey in the mail and am looking to customize it with Richards on the back. After contacting the Skate Zone in Voorhes, NJ, they told me that if I send a jersey to them to be customized, they send it to Philly Express who does the on ice customization for the Flyers. In a previous thread, rob77ta told me that the replica WC jerseys that had up for retail at the SkateZone matched the customization on his game worn WC jersey.

Im just curious to see if anyone else has gotten work done through Philly Express and what they could tell me about the work done. I know they are the on ice Flyers jersey customizers, but you can never be too careful. I want to make sure they use exactly the same material for orders that they would for the Flyers on ice jerseys.

Thanks!

They're jerks. I sent the old white jersey (Edge, but not the WC design, the original Edge one) to get customized, and they refused to note the difference between the fonts on the old sets and new sets, plus they used twill on it for the nameplate. Now I know that the reason they do that is because that's what the Flyers use now, so if you use them on newer jerseys you'll be fine. But they're jerks, and they refuse to admit fault. And they sewed the number to the fight strap, plus the numbers were put on weird and the jersey has permanent ripples now.

They're cheap, and they're quick, but they're not the best.

They're jerks. I sent the old white jersey (Edge, but not the WC design, the original Edge one) to get customized, and they refused to note the difference between the fonts on the old sets and new sets, plus they used twill on it for the nameplate. Now I know that the reason they do that is because that's what the Flyers use now, so if you use them on newer jerseys you'll be fine. But they're jerks, and they refuse to admit fault. And they sewed the number to the fight strap, plus the numbers were put on weird and the jersey has permanent ripples now.

They're cheap, and they're quick, but they're not the best.

Yikes, that was definitely not what I was hoping to hear, but I appreciate the heads up!

Where would you recommend getting the jersey done?

EPS. They're slower, but they're wonderful.

The one's at the Skate Zone looked pretty good. They did use the black twill for the nameplate which is not what the team uses. Like I stated in a previous thread, it's kind of like a black ultrafil material plate. If you use EPS, make sure to include good photo's of what you want. You don't want them to use the wrong font and numbers on the new white road jersey.

Yea, I think it's important to show anyone you're going to exactly what you want. It doesn't matter how good they are, they can still get confused.

Just be sure to take a good look at that jersey because you will miss it come 6 to 8 weeks from now :P But seriously, they do good work there and maybe they will use the correct nameplate material. Remember to tell them that they need to use the new numbers and font for the nameplate as well. If it is Richards that you want, look for a close up of the rear and sleeve numbers on getty images. It would'nt hurt to get a close up of the "C" as well. If you are unsure if the have the correct font and numbers e-mail Josh at EPS.

Just be sure to take a good look at that jersey because you will miss it come 6 to 8 weeks from now :P But seriously, they do good work there and maybe they will use the correct nameplate material. Remember to tell them that they need to use the new numbers and font for the nameplate as well. If it is Richards that you want, look for a close up of the rear and sleeve numbers on getty images. It would'nt hurt to get a close up of the "C" as well. If you are unsure if the have the correct font and numbers e-mail Josh at EPS.

Thanks guys for the info!

I have talked to Josh about the process and he said they are able to do it. Unfortunately I have yet to find any real good pictures of the back of Richards' jersey (including Getty). So Im going to wait until the photos become available on Meigray, and send in those photos because they would probably be the best for reference. The first set of road jerseys should be almost done (5 games or so more).

I think instead of sending in the jersey (because the shipping rates from Canada are brutal), Im just going to get the kit and get a company locally to sew it on for me.