Jersey size question

The Hype

Hey guys, did a search for a jersey sizing chart for the CCM/RBK 6100 's and found it. Unfortunately it doesn't say how big a 54 is! Now I usually wear a 48 but there's a jersey I reaaalllly want in a 54. Is a 54 substantially bigger than a 48, and should I even bother? I like to be able to wear these and if a 54 is going to look like a dress with a fight strap I'll pass. I'm 6' 160 if that helps!

I'm 6'1, 190. I have a 6100 that's a size 52 and it's a monster on me. The amount of fabric left under my arms could probably save me from falling to my death if I went skydiving in it and my parachute didn't open. I still wear it casually, but it is big. A 54 may very well resemble a dress with a fight strap.

Hey guys, did a search for a jersey sizing chart for the CCM/RBK 6100 's and found it. Unfortunately it doesn't say how big a 54 is!

Some sizes like 50, 54, 58 etc. are usually reserved for team issue jerseys - doesn't mean it's a game issue or anything nor does it mean it didn't come from a retail store (special order, overstock etc.), just normally those sizes aren't part of the general retail shipments.

That being said, if you have a size chart that shows 52 and 56, it really shouldn't be the hard to determine what a 54 would be. Sleeve length on a 52 and 56 are the same, 70", and there's only a half inch difference in collar-hem length (33" - 33.5"). The pit to pit is easy as well, a 52 is 26" a 56 is 28" meaning a 54 would be 27".

Take those measurements and compare them to the ones for a size 48, and you'll see the sleeve length is 6 inches longer, the collar to hem is 2 inches longer, and the pit to pit is 4 inches wider on a 54 compared to a 48. Simple.

Personally I always go by the measurements and not anecdotal evidence on sizing. Someone could be the same height and weight as me but a jersey won't fit me the same way it fits them. So I go by I can measure, not someone else's opinion of how a jersey fits them (just my 2 cents though).

I bought a size 54 Pens EDGE jersey from RCS last spring when they were on sale and ended up sending it back...I'm 6'0", 190 and I was swimming in the thing. Arms seemed especially long.

I bought a size 54 Pens EDGE jersey from RCS last spring when they were on sale and ended up sending it back...I'm 6'0", 190 and I was swimming in the thing. Arms seemed especially long.

I bought one of those as well during the summer and funny enough the 54 is actually a tiny bit bigger then my Pens 56.

Yeah, I usually wear a 48 or 52 in a pre-edge jersey. I just recently purchased my first Edge, which is a size 52, and the jersey is smaller than my others around the middle, but the arms are much longer. When I put the thing on the arms go almost down to my fingertips. Wonder what the reasoning behind the extra length is.

*** yeah just saw my typo here after re-reading this thread. Should read 48, not 58 :)

The EDGE jerseys fit tighter than the old 6100s. I'm pretty much the same height and weight as you and I wear a size 50 in the EDGE. This size fits comfortably on me. I could probably wear a 52 or maybe a 54, but I think a 54 would be too loose for me. The thing about EDGE jerseys is there isn't much difference between a 50 and a 52 and a 54 and 56. The 6100s a 48 is much smaller than a 54 or 56. I think if you go for a 54 the jersey will be a little loose on you (because the sleeves on EDGEs are LONGER than 6100 sleeves) and it may reach your knees in length. So it's up to you if you want to wear a looser jersey.

I hope this helps.

I don't mean to take this topic over but I'm wondering what the difference (if any) are between the sizes of Edge 1.0s vs the 2.0s.

Thanks

I don't mean to take this topic over but I'm wondering what the difference (if any) are between the sizes of Edge 1.0s vs the 2.0s.

Thanks

Negative, I've got both. And I've yet to notice a difference.