You know you have an ebay problem when...

JeffB

You know you have an ebay problem when FOUR jerseys arrive in the mail the same day.

I gotta get me some help.

My newest arrivals were;

A Chicago Blackhawks Red Nike authentic Chelios jersey. Can't decide which patch to go with. Choices are NHL 1992 NHL 75th Anniversary, 1993 Stanley Cup 100th Anniversary or 1992 Stanley Cup Finals (lost to Penguins). One small issue is that the jersey has a captian's "C" on it and Chelios wasn't made captian until later on.

Vancouver Canucks CCM black flying skate jersey. I'm planning on making this one a Pavel Bure #96 with the "A" and the Vancouver Canucks 25th Annversary patch. I've already done this jersey as a Bure #10 fom the 1994 CUp Finals so that's why I'm going with #96 on this one.

1996 NHL All-Star Eastern Conference CCM Teal. This one is going to be a Lemieux #66 "A" as worn in Boston. Ray Bourque was captian of the Eastern team being that the game was in Boston.

Odd story. I saw two these jerseys, the same brand as mine, go for $110 and $202.50 on ebay in previous couple of weeks. Mine? $12.50. Seriously, a savings of $190. Ebay is a weird place sometimes... I'm tempted to write to the second highest bidder of the $202.50 auction and offer it to him for $180.

A 1989-1992 NHL All Star black jersey. This one is also blank and in nice shape. Frequently the heat sealed stars are peeling off of these after all these years. I'm not sure if I'm going to go with a 1989 Lemieux or a 1990 Gretzky. I have the Lemiuex from 1989 already, but it's a medium and too small for me to wear. I have other Gretzky's in this style in black from other years, but to get an XL in this condition is unusual and it was a buy it now, so I didn't want to think on it and miss out.

The next day I also recieved a name and number kit for a Gretzky Rangers WHITE Liberty alternate jersey. This style was only worn for one year, 98-99, and I just got the blank jersey a week prior. Now I just have to get someone to sew on the name correctly. The last time I took a Rangers jersey in to a local place, they arched the letters like you'd see on a Twins jeresy (radially), even though they are supposed to be arched vertically, like a Red Wings jersey. I made them do it over, but now I don't trust them to do another one.

JeffB

talkin' jerseys

too bad you don`t don't live in my area. i could have that fixed for you.

[qoute]A Chicago Blackhawks Red Nike authentic Chelios jersey. Can't decide which patch to go with. Choices are NHL 1992 NHL 75th Anniversary, 1993 Stanley Cup 100th Anniversary or 1992 Stanley Cup Finals (lost to Penguins). One small issue is that the jersey has a captian's "C" on it and Chelios wasn't made captian until later on.[/qoute]

I wouldn't put any of those patches on the jersey. They wore Nike from 1996 to 1999 and didn't have any patches on their jerseys.

You know you have an ebay problem when FOUR jerseys arrive in the mail the same day.

I gotta get me some help.

There should some 12-step program for it, seriously. I'm sure a lot of use here can relate.

I wouldn't put any of those patches on the jersey. They wore Nike from 1996 to 1999 and didn't have any patches on their jerseys.

What brand a team wore during a specific year is one thing I do not concern myself with. I'd go nuts having to pass up a great deal on a CCM Hull Blues jersey or a Pro Player Stevens Devils, etc. just because the patch I wanted to put on it was worn with a different brand like Starter.

I do get the style of the jersey right, for instance the Rangers wore no tie necks on the blue jerseys when Gretzky arrived, but then added the tie neck later, and altered the waist striping at the same time. For a few years the white jerseys did not have the tie neck while the blue ones did, but then they added the tie neck to the white ones as well. I won't put a "tie neck" era patch on a Rangers jersey that does not have a tie neck.

I also try to be careful about what years players wore the "A" or "C" in relation to adding a patch to the jersey. I will look into having the "C" removed from the Chelios and replaced with an "A" if it will come off without ruining it. Sometimes you can, many times you can't.

JeffB

I try to have my jerseys match the game worn (this sounds grammatically very wrong). I'm also very picky when it comes to lettering kits, that´s why I started cutting them on my own.

here´s a Blackhawk jersey you could add a patch to:

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2961629370054115799kNiBAf

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2337511980054115799tOAwEa

I´m even thinking of selling it because I just don't like the red one

what year(s) did Roenick wear the "A" with the Blackhawks?

edit: oh yea, if your Nike jersey was customized by Nike itself? himself? you`d be getting problem removing the "A" because they heat up the twill so hot that the backing of the twill sticks to the jersey and will leave stains.

if the jersey came blank out of the factory you might be lucky and have the "A" removed without any stains.

Is it an ebay problem or a jersey problem when they arrive at the same time? A true ebay problem would involve completely worthless stuff arriving around the same time too.

D-oh! Well to be fair, those were the only two things I've bought in the past 8 months that weren't hockey jerseys. Doesn't that count for something? Please??

D-oh! Well to be fair, those were the only two things I've bought in the past 8 months that weren't hockey jerseys. Doesn't that count for something? Please??

OK, you are spared from having to attend ebayaholics anonymous for now.

Those hat shaping holder things are a must-have for anyone who owns a hat. Those are exempt from any scrutiny or guilt. :stickhndl: