96-97 Rangers jersey question

irish_eyes

http://www.sportsk.com/rangers-gretzky-jerseys.html

Ive been wanting to add a Gretzky to my collection for a while now. I was just wondering if the replicas from sportsK are accurate to how the on ice ones looked in 96-97. Also is there a place I can send it to have double stitched? Im assuming not, but I figured if there was, someone from here could give me some info. Last question is about size. I wear a medium in ccm 550s and Premiers...So what size do you suggest me getting for this. Thanks for whatever help I can get

Yeah, those look good. 1996-97 was the last year the Rangers had the '94 style' jerseys without the lace up collars. They also still had that deeper royal blue. That one in the link looks like a good match to me. You should be okay. However, you might be better off finding a blank version for a lot cheaper and then having it customized. $165 seems like a lot to spend on a replica. BUT, it's up to you! :D

###### I wish you were looking for one a few months ago when my 96-97 Starter Gretzky brand new with tags went for a whopping $100 on Ebay.

Thanks dude. Just what I wanted to hear. And yeah that price is a little much. BUUUUT, the wife has been askin me what I want for christmas lately and she gave me a $300 limit. So Im thinkin about asking her to pick up the Great One for me while its still at $165 and maybe having her pick up either a Stepan/Staal/Gaborik/Avery from pro-jerseys. LOL..I know its gonna go slightly over her limit but Im sure she wont mind! :thumbsup:

###### I wish you were looking for one a few months ago when my 96-97 Starter Gretzky brand new with tags went for a whopping $100 on Ebay.

AHHHHH!!!! that sucks! Would have been great...I dont know why I never thought about buying a Gretzky before. I picked up one at a thrift store years ago for 35 bucks..Almost positive its a fake....HAs all the Meigray tags saying its a gamer...The shop had a bunch of jerseys..Some of them even signed, but the lady had no clue to what the back story on them was. The one I picked up was also too big for me to wear. I want one that I can actually wear to games and not feel like I am wearing a ###### robe

Are you suuuuuure that you wouldn't rather have....ah crap, no pics uploaded yet. Give me a couple days and I'll get that fixed.

Anyway, it's a Starter white Liberty of Gretzky (size 52).

Is that one Double Tagged?

I don't think double tagged Starters were available for retail (someone please correct me on this if I'm wrong). To me when I see a double tagged Starter now, I assume it's a fake.

No? I always assumed there were strictly because of the double-tagged CCM Gretzky Rangers jerseys I've seen before.

There are double tagged CCM Rangers jerseys? :huh:

The single tagged CCM Rangers Gretzky's (usually with a "C") are bad enough.

Yeah, I've seen them. It's weird but they were definitely legit. I think maybe they were done up before Starter got the contract for the Rangers jerseys. If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure that our German brother Victim has a bunch of those double tagged Gretzky jerseys.

I have seen legit double-tagged Starters, but they are rare. I'd honestly say for every one 1 legit, I've seen easily 60-80 fakes. I just assumed as rare as the legit double-tagged Starters are, that they weren't generally available for retail.