Penguins 2011 Winter Classic Jersey Unveiling

ItsBennGreat

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Capitals authentic on NHL.com for $299 blank, add $80 for the customization.

http://shop.nhl.com/...dy_bestsell_txt

Same for the Pens...

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10794924&cp=3169596&clickid=body_bestsell_txt

Why are there vector logos on the sleeves? :noway:

That's what I am hoping, but the one pictured doesn't have a jock tag and the vector logo is listed in the description too. But then this is Reebok and the NHL we are talking about here.

Are those 2.0s?

While we won't know until someone has one physically in their hands, more than likely they are not Edge 2.0s as (for the time being) those are still just for team issued jerseys in the NHL.

The AHL is a different story as our friend Rabinsurance showed with his collection of retail purchased Edge 2.0 AHL jerseys.

Yes 2.0 for the AHL retail. My Bears just came 2010-2011 away and it was a 2.0. At some point they will all be 2.0 I think (NHL).

Yes 2.0 for the AHL retail. My Bears just came 2010-2011 away and it was a 2.0. At some point they will all be 2.0 I think (NHL).

Unfortunately it's been 3 seasons now that 2.0s were available for retail in the AHL, but still no word on the NHL making the switch for retail jerseys.

The guess was always that there was still such a back log of retail Edge 1.0s out there, that the RBK would switch when those were gone. Yet every year we seen new designs come out in Edge 1.0 for retail, so I don't know if that makes sense anymore. Personally I don't get it.

That's what I am hoping, but the one pictured doesn't have a jock tag and the vector logo is listed in the description too. But then this is Reebok and the NHL we are talking about here.

NHL.com is listing premiers for 124 to 160 w or w/o customization...so i guess a pro with poor description....especially at $300!!!

While we won't know until someone has one physically in their hands, more than likely they are not Edge 2.0s as (for the time being) those are still just for team issued jerseys in the NHL.

The AHL is a different story as our friend Rabinsurance showed with his collection of retail purchased Edge 2.0 AHL jerseys.

Thanks...with the AHL jerseys I noticed that they were selling them in the 2.0s (I was looking on the Moose website). One thing that stands out on AHL gamers is that they have a tag on the back of neck on the inside of the jersey (Normally retail jerseys have them), so they might be prostock jerseys they are selling.

The reason why I ask is because this is in the description:

250g/m2 double knit polyester/spandex

Instead of:

100% double knit polyester

Spandex four-way stretch pique core body

Is the 250g/m2 the same thing as 100% double knit polyester?

The prices on the Premiers for these are ridiculous. The available Flyers, I guess because they didn't retail authentics, were astronomically priced, as well as not being true Premiers. The cut may have been favored by some, but I don't think the Flyers WC jerseys fit all that well. Not to mention the original asking price was 250 for a customized replica.

Their prices seem pretty high.

If you're talking about the Modell's link I would say $160 for a customized replica is about average. Plus they are giving free shipping on orders over $49, so that's free shipping. I don't think $160 is terrible, but it's not great either. But hey I bet that's in the range of what most retailers will charge.

I would assume that it's not the tackle twill but the applique with the drawn on stitching though. All the caps ones down here I've seen at modells or champs have that crap. Buy and blank one and send it off to get done somewhere. It should be almost the same price total and even if its a little more it will look 1000x better.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Reebok-2011-Winter-Classic-Washington-Capitals-Jersey-/150504581117?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item230ac5a7fd

I think it was their original that never got put onto a jersey.

Correct, the skating Penguin wearing the scarf was the Penguins original skating penguin logo. The Penguins wore the diagonal "PITTSBURGH" jerseys on their inaugural season, so that logo was never featured on a jersey. Then in 1968 the Penguins switched to the logo that is on their powder blue thirds.

You guys can call me crazy, but I kind of don't understand why people are currently buying the WC jerseys for 2011. I know they have been released and are currently on sale. But what if some of the popular players don't play in the game for some reason - they get injured, etc. Then, technically it kind of looks funny wearing the player's jersey who actually didn't play in the game. At least IMO this would take away some of the "authenticity" of the jersey. I know for sure I will wait to buy my Penguins WC jersey after the game is played. Not entirely for my reasoning though - mostly because the prices will go down after the game. :lol:

What do you guys think?