The Worst Jersey on the Market

Finny

What is their logo? A little hornet or something? How does that relate to blue jackets.. :D

It's like yellow jacket, but blue. That was the whole point of their namesake, I think. I'm pretty sure their main logo isn't the hornet anymore though. Got rid of that a while ago.

What is their logo? A little hornet or something? How does that relate to blue jackets.. :D

The Blue Jackets are suffering from an identity crisis. The little hornet guy was in there for a while, kind of a nod to a "Yellow Jacket" however, that has nothing to do with how they got their name and I haven't seen that annoying little pest on anything in a while. I guess he is kind of kid friendly though.

They're called the Blue Jackets because a lot of uniforms for the Union soldiers during the Civil War were made in Columbus. If you look at the patch on the sleeves, it's a hat that Union soldiers wore.

Their main logo is a hideous "CB" with an neon yellow hockey stick stuck through it. Looks like they got one of the drunker OSU design students to dream that piece up.

The Blue Jackets are suffering from an identity crisis. The little hornet guy was in there for a while, kind of a nod to a "Yellow Jacket" however, that has nothing to do with how they got their name and I haven't seen that annoying little pest on anything in a while. I guess he is kind of kid friendly though.

They're called the Blue Jackets because a lot of uniforms for the Union soldiers during the Civil War were made in Columbus. If you look at the patch on the sleeves, it's a hat that Union soldiers wore.

Their main logo is a hideous "CB" with an neon yellow hockey stick stuck through it. Looks like they got one of the drunker OSU design students to dream that piece up.

Makes sense. I figured it to be a little odd if they had named the team for a blue variation of a yellow jacket, but without knowing about the union jackets, I couldn't think of any other reason for the name.

Makes sense. I figured it to be a little odd if they had named the team for a blue variation of a yellow jacket, but without knowing about the union jackets, I couldn't think of any other reason for the name.

Yep - a little convoluted. Kind of like Nashville uses the saber-tooth tiger because they found a fossil of one while they were digging a building or something. That stuff should be up on team web sites to help everybody out a little bit.

Yep - a little convoluted. Kind of like Nashville uses the saber-tooth tiger because they found a fossil of one while they were digging a building or something. That stuff should be up on team web sites to help everybody out a little bit.

Yeah - it would definitly help to have some kind of understanding with regards to where some of the less obvious team names come from. Thanks for the tidbit. I am now an improved hockey fan. B)

I agree with the Columbo jersey, it just isn't really good. Maybe a good AHL jersey. The third is better but again, seems a little patriotic with the stars down the sides. Still like it though.

I agree with the Columbo jersey, it just isn't really good. Maybe a good AHL jersey. The third is better but again, seems a little patriotic with the stars down the sides. Still like it though.

Yeah - I'm all in favor of having pride in our country, but having a patriotic uniform just bugs me. That's always been my main problem with the Columbus jersey.

For visibility on the ice, I'd agree. But for sheer WTF factor, I'm left scratching my head there. :)

I don't know, I like them. At first I really didn't but the design is really solid, in my opinion, despite the colors. I'm definitly not in love with them, but the team looks pretty good in them on the ice. I liked the white one too, and I think I might have heard a rumor about them going back to vintage completely, home and away, sometime soon.

That would be fascinating. But speaking of vintage, I really enjoyed the one game when the Leafs adopted the complete uniform of the St. Pats, from helmet to pants in green and brown. That definitely caught my eye.

Throwback games are always a treat. The more complete the throwback (as in more than just the jerseys), the more fun it is, and the more vintage the better.

Jersey that I wouldn't wear even if paid...... Hmmm....
  1. Islanders alt -- those "blades" on the sides are just too much, and the garish combination of blue and orange are just too jarring.
  2. Preds alt -- yellow as a main base color with a cartoonish logo is just never a good idea.
  3. Bruins alt -- see above
  4. Islanders "Gorton Fishsticks" -- 'nuff said.
  5. Atlanta formerly-the-alt-now-the-home -- asymmetrical rarely ever works
  6. Vancouver throwback -- there are ways to make green and blue work together. This ain't it.
  7. any Anaheim Mighty Duck jersey -- teal and purple with cartoon. Eww.

Aw, man, I have all the above jerseys (even Wild Wing Ducks alt)! :lol: Worn 'em all too, at one point. Only the Isles alternate has worked it's way into my regular jersey rotation. The others are my personal. um, museum pieces. ;)

- I love the Isles' alternate, but I would have preferred a white stripe separating the blue shoulder yoke from the orange body (like what those 'blades' have).

- The Isles fishstick logo signified the beginning of rotten days for the franchise and endless taunts from other teams' fans. I do like the waves on it and the lighthouse on the shoulders and when they stuck the origninal NY logo on it, I was hoping that would stick. The addition of teal or whatever shade of blue they named it (Atlantic Blue?) and silver was overkill.

- I'm OK with the Atlanta's third-now-home jersey colors, but having one sleeve differ from the other one is kinda goofy, as is only having sleeve numbers on one sleeve.

- The Mighty Ducks ach, were THE typical 90's item, with the diagonal stripes, colors (plum and jade) and a radicially different alternate. Their trendiness died out with the 20th century.