A couple of noob questions

ditchdoc

Hey guys!

Please indulge a noob.....

For my birthday, my wife got me season tickets to the Hurricanes. I want to get an authentic jersey, but have a couple of questions.

1. I would consider getting it from the team shop as I get a bit of a discount. I know that they send the jerseys off to be lettered, etc. Is it typically to the same supplier that does the lettering for the team?

2. With this being my first year having season tix, and the All-Star Game being in Raleigh this year, should I sew the All-Star Game patch to the right chest of the jersey? I believe this will be the case for the player-worn jerseys.

3. If I don't get the jersey from the pro shop, can you guys recommend a good place to get one? I know it's unorthodox, but I was thinking of putting my own name and old number on the back. What are the thoughts on that?

Thanks in advance for all the input, everyone!

Hey guys!

For my birthday, my wife got me season tickets to the Hurricanes. I want to get an authentic jersey, but have a couple of questions.

1. I would consider getting it from the team shop as I get a bit of a discount. I know that they send the jerseys off to be lettered, etc. Is it typically to the same supplier that does the lettering for the team?

2. With this being my first year having season tix, and the All-Star Game being in Raleigh this year, should I sew the All-Star Game patch to the right chest of the jersey? I believe this will be the case for the player-worn jerseys.

3. If I don't get the jersey from the pro shop, can you guys recommend a good place to get one? I know it's unorthodox, but I was thinking of putting my own name and old number on the back. What are the thoughts on that?

1. Exclusive pro sports does the lettering for the Hurricanes so maybe you can ask the team shop if that's where they send it. If they do you can go ahead and get it from them or you can buy the jersey from the team shop and send it to exclusive pro yourself if they don't.

2. The general consensus around here is that it's almost always better to add a patch to your jersey if you can so if the Canes are wearing the patch then I would put it on too if I were you.

3. I wouldn't put my own name and number on a jersey but in the end it's your jersey and you can do whatever you wish with it.

exclusive pro's website is exclusivepro.com so you can either get the jersey from the team store if you can get it for a good price and then send it to exclusive pro or just buy the jersey directly from exclusive pro.

Exactly what TMLFAN said. I stand firm that I'd never put my own name on a jersey, but to each his own. If it makes you happy, by all means.

EPS will also personalize the jersey for free. http://exclusivepro.com/carolinahurricanes.html

The problem is your spending full price on the jersey, but saving $55 on customization.

Another option is going to hockey jersey direct http://www.hockeyjerseysdirect.com/hjd/rbk-edgeeast.asp but they will charge you what ever price they charge for customization, but I'm unfamiliar with their quality.

Finally, just go to ice jerseys and have them do it.

As for the patch, I think they look pretty cool. I'm actually waiting for the Wild home opener to see exactly where they are putting their 10th anniversary patch on.

Hey guys!

we hate that idea.

Yeah, don't put your name on the back of a pro jersey. That's what the cheap replicas are for. If you're going with an on-ice jersey, stick with somebody who would wear it on the ice. At the very least, if you ever decide to sell it, having your name on the back will KILL the resale value and you won't get near what you're looking for back for it. Unless, your last name is the same as a guy on the team. If that's the case, then it's cool.

i will disagree and say it is ok to put your name on a jersey especially if you are goin to play hockey with it. It is your jersey and you can do what you want with it. I will however admit it look a little ###### wearing your name and number at a game. I have a islanders fisherman jersey with my name and number on it and i play hockey with its a great jersey and i dont regret it for one minute its actually my favourite pro authentic that i own

Simple solution - change your name to that of your current favorite NHL star ...

jeez, I can't believe none of you guys thought of that :P

Simple solution - change your name to that of your current favorite NHL star ...

Aaron M. Naslund certainly doesn't have the ring that my current last name does.

Not saying that thought crossed my mind, but just throwing it out there *whistles*

Absolute genius!

Well I do wear 16 and my name is close enough to a player who wore 16. Does that just mean if I wear a Sabres, Islanders, or Rangers jersey with 16/LaFOUNTAIN that it might just be a spelling error on the jersey?

As for the original post, I agree with all the answers provided by TMLFan. In regards to putting your name/number on a jersey, please only do this to a replica, but in the end it is your jersey and your money that went to buying it, so do what you feel you want to do.