Meigray down to 10 teams this years oh no

TMLFAN

Got the e-mail today about the 2010-11 program and they are down to the following 10 teams;

Boston, Calgary, Colorado, Dallas, Edmonton, New Jersey, Nashville, Ottawa, Philadelphia, and Washington

I knew Toronto was out as soon as I started watching the first pre-season game (gotta love big tv's) and noticed the outline of the massive tag they are putting in them now instead of the tiny Meigray tag. It looks to be the same size tag as the Pens use but nonetheless I am not pleased about this and am not looking forward to seeing how much whomever controls them is going to be selling them for.

Rangers switched over to steiner sports which means more money for the Dolans and it screws the fans. The gameworn hobby seems to be going downhill :( and it means no new gw thirds for anyone not sitting in the front two rows of Rangers games because the prices will be through the F(&^*** roofs.

I even had a request in for a Canucks jersey. Unfortunately now that won't be happening, I'll have to ask around but I assume the team will be selling them individually. And just like xcdude said, the prices will be through the roof.

I even had a request in for a Canucks jersey. Unfortunately now that won't be happening, I'll have to ask around but I assume the team will be selling them individually. And just like xcdude said, the prices will be through the roof.

Oh man I hope it wasn't for one of those 40th anny jerseys, that would suck royally if you get screwed because of this.

Oh man I hope it wasn't for one of those 40th anny jerseys, that would suck royally if you get screwed because of this.

It was. This leaves me with the last resort option of buying a replica. From my working at the Canucks Store, I know there aren't any authentics.

Yet? It would a missed opportunity of lots of $$$ if they didn't have them at all. It's not like the Canucks are the Devils.

Nope, the store won't be carrying them at all. Which I don't understand, I would have made them all authentics and no replicas. They would have held the market and made tons of cash. But hey, they went another way.

I knew Toronto was out as soon as I started watching the first pre-season game (gotta love big tv's) and noticed the outline of the massive tag they are putting in them now instead of the tiny Meigray tag. It looks to be the same size tag as the Pens use but nonetheless I am not pleased about this and am not looking forward to seeing how much whomever controls them is going to be selling them for.

I strongly believe this had Burkie's fingerprint all over it.

This same thing happened to the Ducks. In 05-06 the Ducks still was part of Meigray program, then when Burkie took over the Ducks GM, the very next season they started marketing their own jersey with Becketts.

Does Burkie have a thing with Meigray??? :blink:

Nope, the store won't be carrying them at all. Which I don't understand, I would have made them all authentics and no replicas. They would have held the market and made tons of cash. But hey, they went another way.

Jesus. I was planning on picking up an authentic at home opener. Will they ever be selling authentic versions of the 40th jerseys??

Jesus. I was planning on picking up an authentic at home opener. Will they ever be selling authentic versions of the 40th jerseys??

No plans to carry authentics at any point. If I hear otherwise, I'll let you know.

I'm sure most of the teams that dropped out found out how much more money they could make by selling the jerseys themselves at team stores and such. As for the Rangers though, I'm sure Steiner Sports just threw a truckload of dough at them and said, "Make it happen." The one good part about this is that now I might actually be able to browse game jerseys AT the games....maybe. I don't know how it works yet but that'd be sweet.

The Islanders dropped out of their program last year actually. I think they wanted to make some dough on their kids coming up through the system like Tavares and Ogopogo or whatever his name is.

A big part of the game-worn problem is this. Among newer jerseys, do we want ones that are openly saturated (three sets of home/road, two sets of alternates) from participating teams? Or do we want to wonder exactly how many are out there of a certain team, knowing that it could be one set for the entire year or 15?

I would hope all the new "permanent" 3rd jerseys will be available as authentics.

I can see why maybe the Kings and Canucks throwbacks may not be as they more of special event jerseys.

does someone knows where its possible to buy penguins game worn shirts???

Maybe a list will be helpful with all knowledge where which team can be bought.

Speaking of authentics, what's up with nobody carrying the new Leafs jerseys yet? The season starts today and all you can get is the premiers.

Ice Jerseys got 'em. Not much in stock on the homers, either a 50 or 60.

Must have just put those up because they wern't there yesterday.

thx for the penguins game worn market site.

are there some other companys then meigray or steiner who sell game worn shirts?

where is it possible to buy hawks or ducks shirts?

i'm coming from switzerland and didn't know the market at the states or canada.