noob question regarding patches

joe2heatley

so I have seen the thread about removing the plastic backing from patches and I have a question that I am sure some of you will consider noobish. So I have a 20th anniversary sharks patch that I bought from the Sharks store that has the plastic backing. I am going to put it onto an edge jersey, is it better to take the backing off? Does it make a difference if the backing is still on and it is sewn onto a jersey?

Here's all you need to know.

Take the backing off. Most needles can't get through that hard plastic and it could end up damaging the patch itself. Get it off and then iron the patch on where you want it to go. There will be enough glue leftover to hold the patch in place until you get it sewn on.

ok thanks, the edge jersey I am getting is blank and is arriving on Wednesday, if I sent it off to say...Exclusive Pro Sports when I send it for customization would they put the patch on too?

Yes, just be clear were you want them to put it. Better yet send them a picture with the jersey of where the patch should be placed.