Starter used to be so cool

tomtucker

As far as I know it never went away ... just kept being used for athletic apparel like shown in your link.

Same with Pro Player - they are still around, just the brand has changed hands a few times.

I do agree it's sad that both Pro Player and Starter are out of the jersey business, they were two of my favorite brands.

Man, I remember mid-late 90's even early 2000's, Starter held licenses for specific teams for MLB, NBA, and NHL... man, did it ever go downhill...

Starter was serious business, especially during the early 90s. The hoody jackets. The crinkly pullover jackets with the front pocket. The long parkas (man, am I glad my parents talked me out of that one). Didn't they do the satin MLB jackets, too?

I'm glad I didn't have any money, because I would have looked like a Chicago sporting-goods store puked on me.

in high school circa 1993 I totally had one of those Starter Blackhawks jackets, at the time those things were the coolest clothing item you could own. of course being in colorado I was the oddball since everyone else had Broncos jackets, and nobody knew what hockey was for the most part, but I didn't care and wore it everywhere.

my dad still has it in his closet and wears it sometimes, and all I can think is 'man, what were people thinking back then? that thing is weird looking.'

Starter was serious business, especially during the early 90s. The hoody jackets. The crinkly pullover jackets with the front pocket. The long parkas (man, am I glad my parents talked me out of that one). Didn't they do the satin MLB jackets, too?

I'm glad I didn't have any money, because I would have looked like a Chicago sporting-goods store puked on me.

they sure made those MLB jacket, i have a white sox jacket i got back then, i was/am so fund of it i never dared to wear it,i was afraid it would get dirty...LOL........ i still have it in a jacketbag..insane :stickhndl:

Say,

Was´t the 90´s much better, the music , movies, funny shows on tv, great hockey games( and jerseys).........or is it just me getting old?..........i know technology today is better with cell-phones and hd-tv and all that s***, but still i liked it back then........ :blush: