Removing the glue backing from a patch

flyhighguys94

I have a 2007-2009 Ducks black RBK edge jersey that had a C because it was Niedermayer. I bought the C off of ebay(about 2 years ago) and the place said i could just iron it on but it started to come undone over the few years and there is still some glue residue left on the jersey, its not bad bot it bothers me terribly. I tried Goo Gone and that didnt work for me, i read in another thread and that seemed to work but this residue didnt budge.

Please help!!

Try Goof-Off. That usually works on the harder stuff BUT be aware that sometimes the glue is on there good enough that it just won't come off completely. Why don't you just have the C re-applied and stitched on? That'd solve both problems wouldn't it?

Why don't you just have the C re-applied and stitched on? That'd solve both problems wouldn't it?

I agree.

We need a sticky in regards to this topic.

Seems to be a common topic.

Just a thought.

Try Goof-Off. That usually works on the harder stuff BUT be aware that sometimes the glue is on there good enough that it just won't come off completely. Why don't you just have the C re-applied and stitched on? That'd solve both problems wouldn't it?

ya thats what i was thinking man, ill even order a new one and have it stitched on..do you think thats something a tailor would do at a minimal charge though?

Just send it to me. I'll iron it back on, stitch it up and you'll have it back in a few days.

And Goof-Off can usually be found at a hardware store. Home Depot definitely has it.