Flyers black Edge gone for 2010?

Hexy4Prez

ya they did away with it from what i heard. I read awhile ago that the orange stays the home jersey and there releasing a new away jersey, assumed to be the winter classic to complete the retro look.

I heard they were keeping them as thirds, I'd be angry if they did away with them. I did notice that lack of them in the game, however. Weird.

It would make sense if they got rid of it as the white version is being replaced by the retro white WC style. I thought that the Skate Zone's were selling the black replicas BOGO. That would hint that they will not be used in 2010-11. To all that have NHL 11 do the white retro jerseys on the game still have a black nameplate? In my opinion the Flyers should switch to a white nameplate.

It would make sense if they got rid of it as the white version is being replaced by the retro white WC style. I thought that the Skate Zone's were selling the black replicas BOGO. That would hint that they will not be used in 2010-11. To all that have NHL 11 do the white retro jerseys on the game still have a black nameplate? In my opinion the Flyers should switch to a white nameplate.

Yes - they are still black in the game.

What third would they possibly do though? The Flyers jerseys haven't changed with any significance in over 40 years! It's have to be something completely different and I don't know how I'd feel about that. The Flyers jersey is one of the most classic looking in all of hockey. I'd hate to see that messed around with.

What third would they possibly do though? The Flyers jerseys haven't changed with any significance in over 40 years! It's have to be something completely different and I don't know how I'd feel about that. The Flyers jersey is one of the most classic looking in all of hockey. I'd hate to see that messed around with.

How about a 3d logo, lol.

Some teams...to mess with them it has to be perfect. The only classic look that got toyed with and worked was the Rangers in the late 90's. I dare say the Islanders too with the Fisherman but I digress.

The Flyers are not going to revolutionize anything with a 3rd, their identity is too strong. I'll be really sad if the black is gone, unless it opens the door for another black jersey that looks even more badass.

To be honest, I hate the current away. Just saying.

Really? How come? It's THE quintessential Flyers jersey. The one that started it all...except for that stupid black nameplate of course.

They need to get rid of the black nameplate for 2010-11. That nameplate should be exclusive to the WC jersey. Never really understood the black nameplate. The sharp contrast of the black looks cool but back in the day the nameplates were white with black letters. As for the black alternate, I'm not sure if they need one. I don't think they could do a black jersey with the design they have now. Remember, when the black alternate was first introduced in 1997-1998 it was just a re-coloring of the orange road jersey. Now, the body would have to be black. The wings, which is what they were originally called (the stripes down the sleeves) would have to be white as well with a white stripe around the waist. I can't see how they would work the orange into the jersey unless they made the ends of the sleeves orange. The black and white alone may make it look like a practice jersey. Any thoughts on how they could make the black work with the retro design?

I would love for them to do some type of play on the Spectrum jersey that the Phantoms wore for a game:

24532.jpg?w=500&h=400

24533.JPG

Or, I don't have the picture on my current phone, but in their Wachovia Wells Fargo Center, there is a history wall, and on that wall is a basic concept drawing from back when it was announced that Philadelphia would receive an expansion team. The drawing had a pretty cool black jersey with Liberty Bell logo on it that I think could be reworked to look nice and modern.

Finally, I wouldn't mind a text jersey, and would prefer Philadelphia be written, although it might get cramped...

Great idea with the Liberty Bell. They could work some small classic logo's into the shoulders. I have read that the Liberty Bell was an idea back in the day but was scrapped for the Flying P.

I would love for them to do some type of play on the Spectrum jersey that the Phantoms wore for a game:

24532.jpg?w=500&h=400

24533.JPG

Or, I don't have the picture on my current phone, but in their Wachovia Wells Fargo Center, there is a history wall, and on that wall is a basic concept drawing from back when it was announced that Philadelphia would receive an expansion team. The drawing had a pretty cool black jersey with Liberty Bell logo on it that I think could be reworked to look nice and modern.

Finally, I wouldn't mind a text jersey, and would prefer Philadelphia be written, although it might get cramped...

I think that spectrum jersey is my favorite of all time, its really sweet looking. Id love to have one, but as far as the flyers i like the sound of the liberty bell, that would look pretty cool

Brilliant! is correct in saying the Flyers really haven't significantly altered their logo or uniform since their inception in 1967. Now that it appears the black is gone, I don't really know what they could do as an alternate. My guess would be they don't have an alternate for 2010-2011. And as it was stated above, the orange is the new home and the WC jersey (or something very similar to it) will be the new road white.

Not sure if you guys knew, but in 2009-2010, the black jersey was actually considered the alternate and the orange was the home jersey. I guess it was the Flyers intention to get rid of their black home jersey, or at least their temporary identity of wearing black at home. I agree though, their uniform is classic and should never be significantly changed, even though I am a Penguins fan. Did you guys know when the Flyers unveiled the third orange in the early 2000s, the flying "P" crest was changed for the first time in franchise history, and placed on that jersey?

I think the Flyers might turn into the Devils and Red Wings and start the boycott of a third jersey.