Vintage Minnesota hockey

St. Patrick

I talked with Kyle at Vintage Minnesota Hockey in regards to having some work done on my Wild jersey. If you guys/gals out there didn't know, I had my Wes Walz authentic Pro Player done by the business (Cunningham sports in South Saint Paul) that actually does the on ice Wild Jerseys. I thought I should be good to go on quality. WRONG! I picked it up and was in shock that the team store had put on a twill name plate. The numbers looked great, but I couldn't wrap my mind around having a twill plate on a authentic jersey. They charged me $85 dollars to boot! I called and asked them about it and they said I had to bring in my own material. What the hell is that all about!? She said that the game worn jerseys only get material since the Wild are providing it.

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2140359590106694328npoGBH

Well, after a week I couldn't take it any more. I contacted EPS and they wanted $25. for a new Walz name plate. No problem. But then I e-mailed vintage MN hockey, and talked to Kyle. He told me about all the jersey's he's had to fix because of Cunninghams. Heck, even the Hockey lodge (the Wilds team store) quit taking the store bought custom jerseys there. So Kyle quoted me a SOLID price to strip the twill plate and replace it with air knit material. They are good people, and they are a small business and all they want to do is please their customers. This isn't a plug for them, just an excited jersey collector that has finally met a decent hard working jersey business that is also into collecting. I will be posting pic's when it is done next week. Here is a link to their site.

http://www.vintageminnesotahockey.com/

I bought my 1991 Bellows jersey from them and had them add the 1991 SCF patch. Thanks for letting me vent and share my excitement.

I also had some contact with two members on the board about Cunninghams, and they warned me repeatedly. Sorry I didn't listen. Those two fellow members SHOULD know who they are.

Glad you are getting it fixed for a good deal. That whole thing with Cunningham's is ridiculous.

Thanks. I wanted to mention that you where one of the guys to warn me, but didn't want to throw your name out.