I need some help EXPERTS CHIME IN

sungod661

I have been researching The burger King jersey for the last 3 hours.

To my amazement i have not been able to figure out much.

here is what i know the jersey was first worn January 27 1996 in a game versus the ducks who wore the wild wing. The game was won 5-4 by the Kings.

I want to know how many time this jersey was worn in 1996. There is belief the jersey was worn only twice while others believe the jerseys was worn 7 times!!!

does anyone have any info on this or can they help me out?????

Well, Kevin Todd played in 74 of the Kings 82 games that year so, odds are, he played in all the games that the jersey was worn in. BUT, from what I've heard, the jersey was only worn about six times. About is the key word there though so who knows for sure. I will say this though...the ones that I've seen have never really had any significant wear on them so that would indicate that they weren't worn too often.

While researching this back a few months ago i can only come up with these 3 games.If anyone knows the other 3 games and the score.Please pm me

Jan 27, 1996 VS Mighty Ducks

(Kings won 5-4)

Feb 10, 1996 Vs Sharks

(Sharks Win 6-1)

April 6, 1996 Vs Canucks

(Canucks win 4-2)

I've always heard six games, all on Sundays. I just checked the dates posted above and discovered they were all actually Saturdays and all at home.

If this "only on Saturday" rule applies, that leaves Feb. 17 (Anaheim) & 24th (@ St. Louis), March 2 (Montreal), 16 (Edmonton) & 23rd (Dallas) as likely dates. Further assuming only at home, that eliminates 3/24 and then 2/17, 3/2, 3/16 and 3/23 can be added to the ones known for certain, leaving a maximum of 7 games.

True, it's a rather big assumption, but the first three games do fit a pattern.

None of the meager photos in my collection show any opponents to confirm or debunk this theory.

Intresting but i have read that march 29 th was another possible date( thats a friday). Can anyone confirm having seen a second set tag?

To be honest, these sound like questions better asked to an older crowd of game worn collectors, such as those on the forums at gameworn.net

http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=1

Hey Jeff are you spyboy?

if so you dated all the Wild wing games you dont ahve a list of the BK?

I am actually doing this for a guy on the game worn forum....

I dont have visual evidence,(well my parents actually might) but I know they wore it when I had my 10th birthday party at the saddledome when the kings played the flames on March 29th. My parents bought a bunch of $8 nose bleed tickets for me and my friends. I remember i was choked cause Gretzky got traded and the plan was to watch him.

According to Box Score from Kings vs Flames Todd played.

Now i'm depressed I now pay $50 for those same seats.

I hope this helps

Hey Jeff are you spyboy?

if so you dated all the Wild wing games you dont ahve a list of the BK?

I am actually doing this for a guy on the game worn forum....

Yes, that's me and I once saved a list of Ducks Wild Wings games someone posted, but I have yet to see a definitive list for the Burger King jersey.