Definitive C and A list

bjd624

You can also google the team and at the bottom of the Wikipedia page they will list all of the team captians..here is a link to the Flyers for you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Flyers

is there any where that has a definitive list of all the Captains and Alternates from each season?

This topic seems very, very familiar. Haven't we been down this road on this board before?

The answer is no, there is no definitive list of alternate captains. You might find the odd team that has kept track on their own website, but most have not and there's no place like Wikipedia that has that kind of info either. Your best bet is to search the photos at GettyImages.com or old hockey cards.

Captains are logged on the various team pages on wikipedia or on Razulu's Street. Click on each team's name and the first link will be "Managers, Captains, Coaches".

Maybe it was another board...

yeah thats what i have been doing...so for example i have a black flames jerseys that i plan on putting tony amonte on with a 25th anniversary patch so i'm searching to find a picture of him in the black jersey, with the anni. patch, and an A or C :D

This topic seems very, very familiar. Haven't we been down this road on this board before?

Maybe it was another board...

This has popped up on just about every jersey board I visit every once in a while.

Jeff is right, there's no magical list. You just need to put the time in yourself. Check Getty images, check pics of hockey cards, check the MeiGray population reports, check sites for pics of gamers from that player etc.

So question, if there is no definitive list, maybe we should all pool together and make one? Why waste the research?

again i get called lazy when asking a ?

lol

mine sentiments exactly johnny... i know there's easy search for flyers... flyershistory.com ... just choose the season and there's a team pic at the bottom... only problem is that just speaks for the beginning of the season so it doesn't speak for if the captain got hurt, trades, new a's... but its very useful for the flyers...

i have to say though... while i do love this place... i am a part of a few sites for collectors of different things, one being of fan-filmed concerts of bands more specifically KISS... and i have never asked a ? and was told do the research yourself... what I'm getting at is it seems JUST ABOUT every jersey collector i come across is pretty much out for themselves... not all but most... :( ... oh well I'm done venting moving on... thanks for what little help i did receive as i was already combing through gettyimages was just hoping there was an easier way..

The Wild is easy too. They had revolving captains every month until Todd Richards became the head coach. Joe Sakic was captain of the Av's until he retired.

hyeah i know, richard park and cliff ronning are the 2 im getting on my white and green and both were C's at one point

i should have been more specific i am mainly looking for a's not c's as thats an easy find

again i get called lazy when asking a ?

lol

mine sentiments exactly johnny... i know there's easy search for flyers... flyershistory.com ... just choose the season and there's a team pic at the bottom... only problem is that just speaks for the beginning of the season so it doesn't speak for if the captain got hurt, trades, new a's... but its very useful for the flyers...

i have to say though... while i do love this place... i am a part of a few sites for collectors of different things, one being of fan-filmed concerts of bands more specifically KISS... and i have never asked a ? and was told do the research yourself... what I'm getting at is it seems JUST ABOUT every jersey collector i come across is pretty much out for themselves... not all but most... :( ... oh well I'm done venting moving on... thanks for what little help i did receive as i was already combing through gettyimages was just hoping there was an easier way..

Actually I think it's quite the opposite....I've seen members go out of their way to help others out on this board. I'm thinking some of your previous post (read, fakes and free jerseys in the mail) may have set your fate on this board to some members....

Actually I think it's quite the opposite....I've seen members go out of their way to help others out on this board. I'm thinking some of your previous post (read, fakes and free jerseys in the mail) may have set your fate on this board to some members....

Agreed. I have had a lot of great collectors help me out tremendously on this board. Most of the people here are awesome!

while i agree with you...

i'll say this

that when asking ?'s people here are complete Jerks (it wont let me say ######) when i'm asking a ? but when they wanna sell something i get pms out the ying yang cause i'm known to buy (except game worns). the way the world turns

I don't see where you were called lazy?

I don't see in this thread where someone "complete jerk" to you either.

Looking on Getty is the best way to look for an "A". If you already knew that, you forgot to mention it in your posts. So of course someone is going to suggest that.

People also suggested other things like checking hockey card images. Depending on the year you can look at MeiGray's site and population reports or look at collections of gamers online.

Where in all of that was anyone a jerk or tell you that you were lazy?

idk.. it was the way i read it i guess...

What the hell? You must have some sort of persecution complex. The first use of the word lazy was in your post putting words into other people's mouths.

You got two answers to your original question prior to you specifying you were actually not interested in captain's C's, but actually just A's.

Then I addressed that and Akteon confirmed my answer and you respond like you've been attacked and b**** us all out and then call us "complete jerks"?!

If were such complete jerks, then maybe you won't miss us on your week off.

I think doing the research and checking Getty is the best option because personally I would be upset if I was customizing a Senators jersey and put a "A" on a Spezza jersey or a "C" on a Chara or Heatley jersey because the list said so and they were only worn for a game or 2 at the most.

is there any where that has a definitive list of all the Captains and Alternates from each season?

I think the most appropriate answer to the original question that started this thread would be "no" and that's about it. If you need resources to find answers you have all kinds of people (or in your eyes, "complete jerks") on here willing to share those with you.

I can only help out with the Flyers. On you browser type example: Philadelphia Flyers 2000-2001 season. Click on to the Wikipedia link. On the right side as you scroll down it will give you the captain and the alternates for the season. At the bottom of that box you can go to the previous or next season. It may work for other teams as well.

For me, that IS the whole part of the hobby. After scoring a sweet blank authentic from a certain period, is the research on who to put on. I look at Google images, Getty images, team sites, Wikipedia etc and really check out the detail of the jerseys. You also really learn a lot more about the player.

yeah thats what i have been doing...so for example i have a black flames jerseys that i plan on putting tony amonte on with a 25th anniversary patch so i'm searching to find a picture of him in the black jersey, with the anni. patch, and an A or C :D

I cant help you with other situations, but I am 100% sure Amonte didnt wear the C with the Flames at any time.

And I am almost 100% sure he didnt wear the A either.

The Flames Captains that season i'm pretty sure were

C- Jarome Iginla

A- Robyn Regehr

A- Stephane Yelle

A- Rhett Warrener

The only exception would have been MAYBE during the pre-season when the other vets were out of the line up.

For me, that IS the whole part of the hobby. After scoring a sweet blank authentic from a certain period, is the research on who to put on. I look at Google images, Getty images, team sites, Wikipedia etc and really check out the detail of the jerseys. You also really learn a lot more about the player.

That sounds like way too much work. You should just have people tell you what to get customized and save all your effort on calling out the forum when they don't trip over themselves to give you all the help you are entitled to. Research is for complete jerks.

Given how often the "A"s change over the course of a NHL season it would be a huge undertaking to get an accurate list compiled. Even if some people are willing to take their time out to go through Getty and compile a list, it may not be 100% accurate. For example, the posts in this thread alone about Ovechkin and Amonte's letters are inaccurate. You also have to take into account what jersey(s) the letter was worn on. Nothing will be as "definitive" as looking for it yourself and finding it.

It'd be a hell of a resource if someone could put it together. ###### of a job though, for the reasons already pointed out by others, only way I can see to get an accurate list would be game sheets, if they're stored anywhere.

I've asked about this before, as have others. I'm still trying to work out for sure if Mike Gartner wore the "A" for Phoenix in one of his two years there, for a jersey I have waiting to get done. I've got a picture of him with it, but no way of knowing if the pic is from the right year for my jersey (can't see the back hem), so the search continues. It's frustrating, but there you go. As for people on here being "complete jerks" and not wanting to help, you're miles off. I doubt I was the only one to spend some time the other week trying to find you proof that Garth Snow was backup for the Game One Japan games, just couldn't find it. People'll help if they can, but we're all in the same boat by and large with what information's available to us.